FIRST ENCOUNTER

UNEXPECTED

 

Suzy got home from school. She didn't even took notice of her cellphone until she became tired of doing all her assignments for that day, Suzy took out her phone from her bag, bored and unispired Suzy began hitting the keys of her phone. 

"Hi.", that was it. 

Hit, send key. Scroll down, Myungsoo. Sent. 

Then Suzy continued what she was doing before. 

When the heavens showered the world with randomness, Suzy might be the one who had caught all of it. 

Texting one random guy, she only knew of his name, his section, and his face. Suzy a total stranger to Myungsoo too might just not be appropriate. 

Suzy's mind was filled with thoughts and what-ifs. Then again, Suzy shrugged of those thoughts and focused on her studies. 

Then, the unexpected happened. That annoying sound that comes form a vibrating phone on top of a wooded table caught Suzy's attention. 

It may just be one of Suzy's classmates asking for what to do for class tomorrow that late at night. 

One message. 

"May I know who is this?"- Myungsoo. 

Suzy was surprised and was half panicking. Unable to calm down completely, she herself was also surprised at the way she was acting. Strange. 

Suzy, hesitated. It wouldn't do any harm if she'd just tell him that they're from the same school that is why she sent him a message, Suzy thought. Otherwise, Suzy's idea was not to reply to him anymore, be forever the mysterious texter. 

Suzy was mentally tortured, to not reply or reply. 

"Suzy from 2-A.I got you're number from a friend. We are from the same school. If you want I wouldn't bother you anymore."

It didn't take long for her to get a reply. A rather unusual reply from someone you had just met. 

"Who's your favorite teacher when you were still a freshman Suzy?"

So much for introductions. 

The night went on as the two of them exchanged messages about school. How Suzy managed her studies when she was a freshman, Whom teacher to avoid, what activities to engage on. Total random stuff, but topics you would talk about with strangers.

Their conversation went on smoothly, Suzy wasn't at loss of topics, unlike her usual self, brief and consise when texting. 

"Good night Suzy, I learned alot from you. You sleep too, it is already late."

Suzy was surprised on what may have just happened. 

"Good night Myungsoo. Rest well." 

 

The next morning, Suzy was at school already. During her first period class, which was english, she felt her phone vibrate. 

One message from Myungsoo. 

"I want to meet you in person at break. I'm going infront of your homeroom."

Suzy replied alibis and persuaded Myungsoo not to go. 

Suzy was primarily planning to put an end at her joke, and then pretend nothing had hapened. 

Then break came. Suzy looked out of the window, she looked uneasy and was obviously trying to hide something. Her friends aren't that dense, so when one of her friend who just went to the comfort room, just barged in the room, sarcastically saying infront of everybody. 

"Suzy, Myungsoo's downstairs!"

The whole room was filled with girl squeeling in joy. 

Then, Suzy got another message. 

"Just look out from the window, just so I know how you look-like. Please?"

What's the point in hiding, when there's nothing to hide. So Suzy went out if their classroom and looked outside. 

When she leaned over to look for him, Myungsoo was the one who first saw her. 

He waved his hand at and Suzy waved back. 

Suzy found it really weird, that on her first attempt to get to know a guy, she encounters a friendly one. 

Suzy and Myungsoo smiled at each other. 

Suzy motioned her hands and arms that she needs to get back inside the room. Myungsoo waved goodbye and Suzy turned her back. 

When Suzy looked back, she noticed that Myungsoo was holding two cans of soda. 

Suzy's brows twitched.

All morning long, Suzy's thoughts were in the clouds, she was just dazed into nothingness. 

Suzy and her friends were walking around when one of her friends spotted Myungsoo. He was not going towards their direction but was once again holding two cans of soda. 

Myungsoo approached a nice looking girl, handed the soda at sat beside the girl. 

Everyone of Suzy's friends reacted, but Suzy seemed to not care but deep inside her she tried a few attempts to convince herself not to be affected. All day long, Suzy's been thinking and was convinced that the other can of soda was for her. But then again, it was just a mere misunderstanding that must not be given due attention. 

"Imma gonna know what's happening.", Cristelle, your friend and the eyes and ears when it come to Myungsoo said.