TENTH ENCOUNTER

UNEXPECTED

And then it was time for prom. 

Suzy and Myungsoo had been close with each other for more than a year now. And the two of them had shared plety of memories together. 

But what Suzy really desired, her fantasy if you must call it, is to go with Myungsoo at prom. 

This year, would be Suzy's first prom. And like her first dance, she wanted to spend her first prom with him. 

She was sure that Myungsoo wouldn't be going this year since he is a year under Suzy. And only juniors and seniors are to attend the prom. And it is not even Myungsoo's prom so why would he ask Suzy out. And Suzy doesn't have the guts to ask Myungsoo out. 

And what are friends for if they weren't there at the time you needed them the most. 

Suzy swallowed all of her pride as usual, because her friends had asked Myungsoo if he wanted to go with Suzy for prom this year, Suzy witnessed it all. When all of your friends are together, it can't be helped to do something mischievous right?

Her face turned red and she looked away from Myungsoo. She tried to tell him that it is really not like what he thinks it is, but the damage is already done. 

"I'll be there, but only in the committee. I would help out in the preparation as a volunteer. Don't worry I'll be there.", he smiled and walked away.

The day of the prom. Suzy  opted for a simple look as she tried not to stand out that night but because of her simplicity, it made her look more elegant and everyone's attention was focused at her when she arrived at the venue. 

She also forgot that it was one of the prom's concept that guys are given roses and to those who had received the mist would be the one selected to be the prom queen, sounds typical right? Suzy got one or two. Guys from her batch didn't preffer inocent looking girlds perhaps. 

She received compliments, many of them saying that she's pretty and she looked really wonderful that magical night. 

But someone told her that something's missing despite the elegance she emitted that night. 

Myungsoo's missing. He told them that he'd be there but eversince she came, her friends nor she didn't see even myungsoo's shadow. His classmates were there but the night was about to end, still no sight of Myungsoo. This time Suzy might have expected too much. 

Maybe, like what happended when they had their first dance, her fairy grandmother had planned something else for a romantic ending for her magical evening. The closing of the prom had already commenced and still her dashing prince hadn't come. Suzy was still filled with hopes but she also knew that her night will end in ten minutes she had just given up. 

Maybe this time, it is not really meant to be.