FINAL

UNEXPECTED

Suzy went over to the nurses station and checked her schedule for the day. She bent over the counter to take her file, the nurse greeted her and what Suzy noticed was that tne nurse had an unexplainable smile on her face. It felt weird as if something unexpected was to be expected soon. 

The hospital's page system would be probably the most abused amenity in a hospital and everybody's so aware of the three succesive beeps that would probably mean a thing or two to someone inside the hospital. But eventhough message is not for everbody, it is expected for eveyrone to listen to it.

The sound was to familiar that it didn't give a strange feeling to Suzy who was in the middle of checking her notes. 

Who would have expected that the in the next few minutes, something really unexpted would change Suzy's life. 

"Paging Dr. Suzy Bae, rescident II, department of Pediatrics, someone is asking you if you'd want to be the Dr. Suzy Kim in the future. A kind rescident I from the General Surgery department is asking you if you'd want to give it a try. He had been patiently waiting for you for 8 years,please say yes. Ah and by the way he really really loves you very much. For the first time in this hospital, someone tried to propose using the page system, let's hope for the best for them. "

The whole hospital heard it and began to cheer for them. As for Suzy, well it was as if her whole life, she'd never felt happier. But  she was still in shock. Nurses at the station were cheering her and when it got into her she ran to find Myungsoo. 

It was the most unexpected thing to happen to her. She took out her phone as she ran in search of him. She called him, Myungsoo immediately answered. 

"Where are you. Kim Myungsoo! I hate you. Now, everyone knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", she practically yelled but from the way things were, she was too happy that she began to cry. Over the phone, Myungsoo heard her sob. He was just watching her from behind and immediately ran towards her. Everybody gathered around them and as like Myungsoo would always do, he grabbed her hand and they both ran, Myungsoo leading her to an empty room and he locked the door. It was only the two of them inside. At first there was nothing but silence. Suzy just tried to calm herself, Myungsoo sat beside her on the bed. 

"I'm sorry.",Myungsoo said. He was feeling down and he knew that it was a mistake to announce to everybody and make their private issue the talk of the town. It was as if there was another impending rapture and he was worried that it would be the las straw. 

Without saying anything, Suzy took Myungsoo's hand neared to her and slid her fingers in the spaces in between his therefore hold one hands and she smiled at him. And she said, 

"Now what?"

Myungsoo smiled back at her and they both began to laugh. Holding each other's hand they knew and they felt and they believed and they hoped that starting that day, was the fullfilment of unexpected happenings that nobody had known that was coming.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“She wasnt exactly sure when it happened. Or even when it started. All she knew for sure was that right here and now, she was falling hard and she could only pray that he was feeling the same way.” 
― Nicholas SparksSafe Haven

 

____________________________________________________

-GELAZEN

5/18/2012

12:32AM.