bread part 2

UNEXPECTED

"Hey Suzy....", Myungsoo said in a low voice. 

"Yes?", Suzy answered in somewhat a happy tone. 

"About before.....", Myungsoo suddenly got nervous

Suzy closed her laptop and faced Myungsoo. 

"When you told me that you didn't hate me, is that real?", Myungsoo said. 

"Myungsoo, I told you we're not kids anymore, so I don't hate you in that degree. It is just that, when you didn't contact me at all I felt like you don't want me as a friend anymore, so I got hurt. For whatever reason you have, I understand and I you still feel like that, I do understand..", Suzy replied. 

"Feel like what?", Myungsoo asked her.

"Like you don't want me as a friend anymore..."

"I am so sorry if I had made you feel that way, but sincerley from the bottom of my heart I would never give up on you as a friend no matter what..promise.", Myungsoo placed his right hand on his chest near where the heart is. 

The two of them felt like this is the first time they were having a conversation as adults. 

"I'll try and understand Myungsoo."

Myungsoo and Suzy were both holding their breath as the moment lingered on. The two exhaled heavily, Myungsoo closed his eyes as he felt a huge thorn that wasstuck in his heart for so long been pulled out. 

The two of them sat close with to each other, shoulder to shoulder. They remained silent and wasn't looking at each other. The two just affixed their sight on the organizational chart of the hospital infront of them. 

"Suzy is it true?"

"What?"

The two remained in their positions. 

"In the last message you sent me thru email....."

"Oh?", Suzy remembered but she was waiting for it come from Myungsoo himself. 

"That when we were in high school you-"

"-you liked me." Myungsoo's voice felt really weak. It was really difficult for him to ask that question.To think of all those years that passed and it is only know that he realized that almost a lifetime would have passed by and nothing may have happened. 

"One thing that I hate about you.",Suzy said. 

"Is that you never really knew how much I liked you before.", she added. 

Myungsoo felt his blood rush and his heart pump like crazy. He hit his head twice. He felt like he needed to be hit by a train because of his foolishness all through out those years. 

"But don't misunderstand Myungsoo, I also saw you more than as someone I like but I did cherish you as a good friend. Who always buy me bread, takes care of me, my frist dance, that kind of person is the one I liked.", Suzy smiled and winked. 

For Suzy, this is first time she had to confess her feelings for someone. It was always the boys confessing to her. 

And for Myungsoo, he just felt like he had just been hit by a train.