maroon5 2

UNEXPECTED

Myungsoo was welcomed back by his friends in the day shift, he was especially happy and excited for that day. The first thing he did was to look for Suzy. He asked around and was informed that Suzy went on a medical mission on an orphanage and would be back before her shift ends. He thought that things were happening for the better. 

The reason why he was lively and jumpy all day long that most of his coleagues noticed because he was excited to surprise Suzy.He spent a great deal of effort to prepare for his surpsrise not knowing Suzy's plans. None the less, he thought that Suzy would be really happy with it. 

He knew that Suzy liked Maroon5 alot, so to make up for the frustrations he had given to Suzy, he made an effort to acquire sold-out tickets for the scheduled concert of Maroon5. 

Myungsoo waited for Suzy outside. The concert would start soon and for sure they would be in the back if ever they didn't make it on time. He worried that Suzy might be still stuck in traffic. He was supposed to send her a message, practically informing her that he would take her to the concert, but luck was really on his side that day, even before he would press the send button, Suzy came out of the van that was parked at some disctance from him. 

"Suzy!!",he called out to her and waved. She saw him and aproached him. Myungsoo changed into his normal clothes. 

"What are you doing outside?",she was still about to say something but Myungsoo grabbed her by the hand and started running. While running,

"There you go again! Why do you keep doing that!", Suzy said. 

"Just come with me, change immediately, get your things and we are going somewhere.", Myungsoo gently pushed Suzy inside the quarters and waited for her outside. 

"Suzy, hurry up, we both don't want to be late.", Myungsoo said from outside. 

Suzy was still changing and fixing her things. 

"What is this exactly about? I don't like this feeling.", she answered from the inside. 

"Just change and grab your bag. You'll thank me for this, trust me.", he replied. 

Myungsoo was really glad that things were going according to his plans, and some things weren't really included but helped him in such a way. 

"Yah! Open the door.I am coming out.", she said. 

Myungsoo was leaning on the door and she tried to push it open but Myungsoo was heavier than her. When Suzy stepped outside the door. 

Myungsoo arms reached out and there were two tickets to the Maroon5 concert directly infort of her face. Myungsoo moved his head to the side and smiled. Suzy was kinda schocked and speachless for a while. 

"You are going with me.", and shook the tickets on his hand. He tried to look cool and dashing. This was his first attempt to impress a girl. 

"Did you get ditched by your date or what, that is why you're asking me to go instead,?", Suzy said.She crossed her arms.

"No. To make up with you. You know... we really hadn't had time together. To-ge-ther", Myungsoo barely managed to explain. 

"If you don't want... this would be such a waste. I've had enough trouble getting two of this.", Myungsoo added. 

Suzy pretended not to care but she was equally tempted to go. 

"You and I both know that these are sold out already and the concert starts in like two hours?", Myungsoo added. 

"I am not doing this because of me. It's for you.", Myungsoo added in a serious tone. 

Suzy started walking ahead of Myungsoo. He smiled and followed her. 

Suzy waited for him outside as he took his car from the parking lot. 

Both of them were inside the car. She saw her ipod, still attached to Myungsoo's player. She then realized how Myungsoo knew that she liked Maroon5. Both of them didn't talk. She looked outside and Myungsoo fixed his attention on driving. Then they reached a red light. Myungsoo stopped the car and waited. He reached out and unplugged Suzy's Ipod and gave it to her. 

"Since when did you like listening to Maroon5? As far as I know you remain loyal to techno music...", Suzy asked. 

"Maroon5's kinda cool.", Myungsoo simply replied. 

"Well, how about you? I never knew you liked them until I took a look at your playlist.", he added. 

"I kinda liked them since highschool.", Suzy simply replied. 

"Highschool?"

"Yeah. It's because....", Suzy stopped herself from saying anything further.

"Because?", Myungsoo asked as he stepped on the accelerator and drived further. 

"Because..", suzy hesitated. 

"Because?", Myungsoo was interested to know. 
"Because, my first dance was with a Maroon5 song.", Suzy said. She looked away and didn't say anything more. 

Myungsoo then remembered the time when he asked Suzy who was her first dance and she outrightly said that it was him. 

Myungsoo didn't reply. He felt a little down and ashamed at Suzy. His excitement and his cool composition before melted away and there was again the awkwardness that both of them dreaded to come in between them. 

He was surprised when Suzy suddenly spoke. 

"I know you don't remember, maybe because it was not that important to you. But for me, somehow... it was like that.", Suzy simply said.