KISS

UNEXPECTED

 

It's already Friday, a day before the event. Suzy's busy with her toxic duty and had totally forgotten about it. She was oblidged to attend like the other staff members but she wasn't really into it because she's just new. But her friends encouraged her to attend for her to make new connections. 

Suzy was at the nurse's station checking the doctor's orders for her patients. She was about to do her 3am rounds when Myungsoo took a look at her tickler and it surprised her. Suzy backed away for their faces were to close to each other it made her uncomfortable. 

"Going to do your rounds?", Myungsoo asked. 

"Yeah. You?", Suzy said. 

The two of them hadn't talked that much because they were so busy. They would see each other occasionally but didn't have the time to catch up with each other. 

"Done.", Myungsoo replied. 

"Ok.", Suzy was busy going over the doctor's notes. 

"Can I come with you?", Myungsoo asked. 

"Eh?"

"I've got nothing left to do, I'm just waiting for my shift to end.", Myungsoo replied. 

"Ahh ok sure?", Suzy simply replied. 

The two of them walked on empty corridors of the hospital. The atmosphere was so calm, very far from the day scene in a regular basis in hospitals. Some lights weren't on and the isle was dim. The two were just to themselves the firs few patients. Suzy was about to do the rounds for twelve patients. Half of her round was done and Myungsoo just watched her do what she needed to do. There would be times when Myungsoo would assist her but they never really talked even outside the rooms. 

On the seventh room, Suzy went inside alone, Myungsoo just waited outside. When Suzy stepped out the door, Myungsoo suddenly spoke and startled Suzy. 

"Are you by yourself tomorrow?", Myungsoo asked. 

"Oww shooot!", Suzy said and facepalmed herself. 

"Why?", Myungsoo worriedly said. 

"Aishhh, nothing....", Suzy said. 

"How about we go together?", Myungsoo said. Suzy looked at him. Myungsoo was leaning over the glass door of the room hands in his pocket and looked really cool. Suzy snapped out of it, but for so long she had forgotten how it felt Myungsoo leaves her breathless. 

"Huh?", Suzy's eyes became even wider in surprise. 

"I'll pick you up at around 6?", Myungsoo said... 

Suzy mind left her, she tried to say no but her actions defined her wishes..

"Sure....", she said. 

"Great! It's now the end of my shift! Gotta go Suzy. I'll call you when I get there.", Myungsoo waved goodbye and ran off/ Suzy just stood there,amazed. Whe she got back to her senses, she realized that how can Myungsoo call her if he doesn't have her number of more or less know where to find her. 

The next day, 7 in the morning Suzy got of her shift and went straight home. She didn't know what to do. She tried to lay out a plan for the day. She slept for three hours and when the shopping centers opened she rushed to find a good dress to wear. 

Though anything may look good on Suzy she still had a hard time looking for the style she wanted. She always gone for simplicity but as she matured she also wanted something h catchy in her ensemble. This time, she opted for a simple black dress that is just up until above her knees and fits her perfectly. She also bought a new orange pumps to go with her catchy concept and a cream handbag her aunt had lent her. All in all, Suzy looked well dressed for the occasion but just right for her not to stand out that much. She had to cross several blocks to reach the salon. When her hair and make up was done. Just right for her beauty to be more emphasized she has to go back to her aunt’s house and change and wait for Myungsoo to pick her up. She had consumed much time shopping that is why there wasn't enough time to rest. Suzy hadn't slept properly for the last two weeks. Actually, she felt a little dizzy and feverish when she got out of her shift but disregarded it. 

She carefully changed into her outfit. When she was putting on her earings she heard her cellphone ring. She picked up the call from Myungsoo.

"Let's go!", he said in korean. 

"Just a sec. I'll be down."

Suzy went down and locked the door. Her aunt had gone into the event first. 

When she turned around. She saw Myungsoo at the other side of the street infront of his car, smiling at her. This was the first time Suzy saw Myungsoo dress formally. She can't help but to stare at him for a moment. Scanned him from head to toe. Myungsoo definately looked different somehow. Even at a distance, she felt his aura. Something indescribable. 

Black fitting tux, white fitting polo, thin black tie, skinny black jeans and white hi-tops never looked that good on anyone except Myungsoo who also had his hair fixed in simple clean style. 

As for Myungsoo, the moment Suzy stepped out of the door, he wasn't ready to be swept of his feet with Suzy's simple elegance. This is the first time Myungsoo met Suzy in person with her makeup on. His smile had gone from ear to ear. 

Myungsoo opened the car door for her. The ride was quiet and awkward. Myungsoo tried to start a conversation but failed. Both of them were overwhelmed with each other's presence. The event would be at a five star hotel. They went inside the hall for the venue of the event.Both of then attracted many attention and many commented that the two of them looked good together. 

"Well,well, well. Look who's together tonight.", Chen said. The two of them sat down besides each other. With them at their table were Nancy and her husband, Chen and his girlfriend, Lucy and her sister, Gerard and his fiance. 

Myungsoo didn't mind them and just sat down. Pair by pair they went of to different directions to socialize. Many would stop by their table and exchange pleasantries with her and Myungsoo. Some even misunderstood their relationship. Ofcourse they would politely deny. Myungsoo wanted to go around but Suzy looked  a little down. She tried to keep her spirits high but fatigue was already setting in. 

"Suzy, you don't look good. Are you ok?", Suzy looked weak and pale despite her makeup. Myungsoo moved closer to Suzy and reached our his hand to check her temperature. Suzy temperature was of.

"Let's go I'll bring you home.", he added. 

"No I'm fine, we just got here.", Suzy asured him. 

Myungsoo stood up to get a glass of water to make Suzy feel better. When he came back Suzy was sulking on her seat and tries to keep herself up. 

"Are you ok?", Myungsoo handed her a glass of water and sat beside her. 

"Myungsoo, I am going home. I think I am going to have a cold. Thanks and  enjoy the night.", Suzy stood up. Myungsoo did too and assisted her. 

From a far their friends saw what was happening but decided not to intervene

"Wait here I am going to get the car.", Myungsoo said. 

"You don't really have to.", Suzy insisted. 

On the way back, Suzy fell asleep in the car. Just before they arive at Suzy's house she woke up her head thribbing, was dry and she felt really dizzy. Myungsoo had to help her get out of the car. 

Infront of Suzy's door, the two of them had a small talk before Suzy got inside. She looked at him and apologized. 

"I'm sorry your night has to end like this. I hope you won't regret.", Suzy giggled. 

"Well if you would seriously get sick and miss out on your shifts, my conscience wouldn't be able to take it. It's better this way.", Myungsoo said. 

"Thanks.", Suzy said. 

"Go in and rest. I'll go home now.", Myungsoo said and smiled. 

Myungsoo turned around and had crossed the street, something out of the blue made him turn back. Suzy was looking for her keys inside her bag.  The feeling that you wanted to do something and had to be badly done immediately..He crossed the street again, walking faster towards Suzy, in one swift motion, he took her arm pulled her closer to him, facing him and kissed Suzy's right cheek lightly. It felt warm on his lips. He released Suzy, who was in shocked and moved a few steps back. 

"Kim Myungsoo! What was that for?", Suzy tried to scold him as loud as she can. 

"A good night kiss. Take care Suzy.", Myungsoo said with an undeniable happy expression while walking backwards a little jumpy with a contentment in his eyes. 

Suzy touched her cheek. It was not her first kiss, but it was first with Myungsoo. It all happened so fast that even Suzy didn't realized that it happened when it really did happen. Her heart skipped a beat. She almost had forgotten about this feeling. Something she always felt eight years ago.

That was certainly something unexpected.