confess

UNEXPECTED

The annual school dance. 

Almost the same time, approxiamtely two years ago. 

Tonight, Suzy was supposed to have fun because it would be her last school dance. Suzy tried her best not to feel down and have a good time but even if the lights, music and the party atmosphere can't help her forget the night that changed her life. 

Suzy had a busy night. She was partying with her friends but when the lights dimmed and the music became mellow, lovers started to flock the dancefloor sweetly swaying in time with the music. Suzy felt a little sad. 

In the past years, Suzy's beauty had not been left unnoticed and guys were lining up to ask Suzy for a dance. 

Suzy obliged out of good manners but there is one man who really stood out from the rest. 

He brought roses, red roses, a dozen of them, chocolates, the same kind Myungsoo brought, but more than a dozen of it. He gave them to Suzy, Suzy never noticed this guy, even though he was her classmate.

Then, Suzy realized that with all that she had felt for Myungsoo, she had forgotten to look at others.

And right then, her classmate confessed his feelings for her. Though the guy knew that Suzy had kept her one-sided love for Myungsoo all along, he took courage to let her know.

Suzy politely accepted his feelings but told him that she might still be not yet ready for it.

And after that, one after another took courage to let Suzy know about their feelings towards her. And like the first one, she told them that she wasn't still ready.

What's funny is that, Myungsoo's friend was also one of those who asked for Suzy's aproval but was later on rejected. 

Something she hadn't experienced with Myungsoo.

Something she wished Myungsoo had done.

I guess that time, it wasn't really meant to be.