letters

UNEXPECTED

Suzy had just finished her recent rounds when Marco's mother approached her in the lobby. 

"Dr. Bae, I am really thankful that you took care of my son uptil the last minute.", she said to her with watery eyes. 

"Mrs. Kim, I haven't done anything to help him, if there is anything that I could I would have done it.",she replied. 

"No dear, ever since you two took care of him his outlook changed and he was really glad that he can talk to someone. Infact I found this under his pillow, I think that he wanted to give this to you.", she handed her a piece of ordinary business paper folded into two. Suzy gladly accepted and smiled. 

"Go ahead dear, you must be very busy.", Mrs. Kim said. 

"Then, I'll see you around Mrs. Kim.", Suzy said and waved goodbye. 

She was on her way to the canteen to eat her lunch when she decided to take a look on what Marco had given her. At first, she thought that it was just a simple thank you letter. 

She sat down after ordering her lunch. While waiting for it, she read the letter and it goes as follows:

DR. SUZY. I KNOW IT HAS NOT BEEN THAT LONG SINCE WE MET, I'M GLAD THAT WE ARE FRIENDS. YOU AND DR. MYUNGSOO WERE TOO KIND. I HOPE THAT THERE WOULD BE MORE DOCTORS LIKE BOTH OF YOU. I AM REALLY REALLY REALLY THANKFUL FOR ALL THE ICECREAM AND LETTING ME BORROW YOUR IPOD. 

DR. SUZY, YOU ARE THE PRETIEST DOCTOR THAT I HAVE EVER MET. AND I REALLY REALLY LIKE YOU TOO. 

Suzy smiled, one by one tears started to fall. In the long run,she had never met a patient and be emotionally attached to him the same way as she got attached with Marco. She felt really sad, and partly blamed herself for not being able to do anything for him. 

DR. SUZY, TELL DR. MYUNGSOO THAT YOU TWO MADE ME FEEL REALLY SPECIAL, OUT OF ALL OF THE KIDS IN THE WARD I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAD MADE FRIENDS WITH TWO AWESOME DOCTORS. 

I AM REALLY HAPPY THAT YOU SHARED YOUR TIME WITH ME. I WOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER THOSE EVEN IF I AM ALREADY AN ANGEL IN HEAVEN. 

PLEASE BE ALWAYS PRETTY. I WOULD BE ALWAYS WATCHING YOU FROM UP THERE AND MAKE SURE YOU WOULDN'T GET HURT. 

AH! AND DR. SUZY, PROMISE ME ONE THING,

PLEASE DON'T TELL DR. MYUNGSOO THAT I TOLD YOU THAT HE LIKES YOU VERY MUCH. 

Suzy  wasn't able to think of anything else, she tried to laugh it off and wiped her tears away so that she would feel a little better after reading the letter. She tried to finish off her lunch but her apetite wasn't cooperating with her. 

 

At the same time, Myungsoo was at home, he just got off from hospital duty and had just finished taking a bath. He met Mrs. Kim that morning and gave him a letter too. While waiting for his lunch to be ready, he took out the piece of paper and read. 

It goes like this. 

DR. MYUNGSOO, THANKYOU FOR LETTING ME PLAY WITH YOUR WII AND CALLING YOU MYUNG-MYUNG. THANK YOU ALSO FOR SPENDING TIME WITH ME AND TELLING ME LOTS OF STORIES. THANK YOU FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO PLAY CHESS. THANK YOU ALSO FOR BRINGING DR. SUZY AND LETTING ME PLAY WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND. I REALLY HOPE THAT THERE WOULD BE MORE DOCTORS LIKE YOU AND DR. SUZY WHO ARE KIND. 

DR. MYUNGSOO, WHEN I BECOME AN ANGEL I WOULD ALWAYS WATCH YOU FROM ABOVE AND ALWAYS KEEP YOU SAFE. I ALREADY KNOW THAT I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME AND MY STOMACH REALLY HURTS ALOT. BECAUSE OF YOU I AM REALLY HAPPY. THANK YOU FOR PLAYING WITH ME. 

BY THE WAY DR. MYUNGSOO. PLEASE DON'T BE MAD AT ME. I TOLD DR. SUZY THAT YOU LIKE HER VERY MUCH. 

The microwave bell rang, he folded the paper back into two, placed it inside his cabinet and then ate lunch. Sadness can't be erased from Myungsoo's face, though he really wanted not to cry, he wasn't able to help it. For the first time, knowing himself that he has a cold personality, because of that kid it melted away and now he was crying alone in his apartment with nobody to console him.