FOURTH ENCOUNTER

UNEXPECTED

What can Suzy do? 

She had already fallen for Myungsoo and has to endure her one-sided love for him. 

Well not to exagerate, Suzy had these unexplainable feelings eversince she and Myungsoo got close with each other and the only thing she can come up with was she already had feelings for him. 

Ofcourse Suzy tries hard not to show her feelings to anyone. Especially when in school. Since interactions between Suzy and Myungsoo became too natural at one point, her friends may have already forgotten Suzy's fleeting confession before and regarded her and Myungsoo as friends literally. So everytime Suzy, Myungsoo and her friends are together Suzy acts as cool as possible and cautious at the same time. Suzy started to enjoy every moment. 

"Where in the world can you find a guy like Myungsoo?", her friends would always wonder. 

"With Myungsoo, it is like you won the jackpot. He's super nice, down to earth and good looking. It is so possible that he's falling for you too."

""First of all, you are the one who has feelings for him, and he's the one who usually approaches you.", her friends would tell her."

"He would never fail to say hi, or smile at you!"

"He also buys you food!"

"You don't have to excert any effort for him to notice you!"

"Suzy, I wonder why you wouldn't fall for each other. The two of you look good together."

Suzy's friends would always tell her. 

The problem is Myungsoo's already in a serious relationship. 

One time, Suzy was asked by her aunt who had just come from the states to accompany her to the mall. Suzy who had just got out of bed agreed and sought no harm not to dress more formally since it would just be a brief visit to the mall. When they were done shopping, Suzy in her most casual attire had one of the most unforgettable moment in her life.

On their way to the parking lot, Suzy and her aunt were talking about some random stuff when something or someone, a very or may I say too familiar, as in familiar by heart caught her attention. 

It was Myungsoo, together with his girlfriend. All smiles, both having a good time. Sweetly strolling around the mall, taking their time. Holding hands like any other couple would do. 

Suzy can figure out and sense Myungsoo's prescence in the pool of people in the mall. She can single him out in a crowd in an instant. I think that was the effect on secretly liking, and let's say obsessing with someone. 

She tried to act as if nothing was happening. But deep down inside her, Suzy's was in a mess. 

Her aunt, for staying too long abroad can't barely speak in their native tongue and was conversing with her in english. So Suzy and her aunt were catching the attention of the passers by. Suzy was undeniably good in speaking in english, for when she was young she was raised in an english speaking background. 

Until she didn't notice that she and her aunt, Myungsoo and his girlfriend would cross paths. It was too late and too obvious to avoid them. 

Myungsoo was the first one to say hi. Suzy pretended not to notice at first but she also said hello. She also noticed that when Myungsoo said hi to her, him and his girlfriend's hands were holding one another and the  girlfriend looked very surprised and suspicious because of Myungsoo's action. 

Both parties exchanged pleasantries. 

When Suzy greeted Myungsoo's girlfriend, it was too awkward that both of them can't handle it. 

Compared to Suzy, Myungsoo's girlfriend was a bit shorter than she is, both had shoulder legth hair, his girlfriend's eyes were rounder and she had a better figure than Suzy. And ofcourse she had better fashion sense than Suzy, who prioritized comfort over style. 

In Suzy's mind, she was scared to death. Why? Because, no one in their right mind would not have doubts in their mind, if you are in that kind of situation. Suzy was worried that she might be branded as someone who's stealing someone else's boyfriend. 

Suzy and her aunt went first. 

Late that night. Suzy sulking, because of the unprecidented humuliation and meeting that happened earlier that day, got a message from Myungsoo. 

"My girlfriend was asking me what is the relationship between the two of us. Guess what I said?, Myungsoo's message. 

"What? Don't tell me she's mad at you or something....", Suzy replied. 

"SSBF."

"Huh?, I don't get it. SSBF?", Suzy replied. 

Her heart was pumping like crazy. Plenty of "what if's" are running in her mind. 

What if the girlfriend thinks that she's flirting with her boyfriend. 

What if the girlfriend thinks that she's trying to snatch Myungsoo from her. 

What if the girlfriend thinks that she thinks that she's prettier than her. 

Etc. 

"SSBF- Super Special Best Friend.", Myungsoo replied. 

With that, Suzy felt like she was in sent to heaven and back to hell. She was caught in a whirpool of emotions. 

She was glad that Myungsoo thinks of her as a close friend. 

But until close friends would they only be? 

She was asking for too much of she'd be Myungsoo's super special bestfriend. 

But deep inside she still wanted to become something more than that to Myungsoo. 

It was something that she longed for.

But would that be her right place in Myungsoo's life. 

 

Suzy must atleast reply something.
 

"Well thanks, but seriously, YOU ARE NOT DRUNK RIGHT NOW ARE YOU?"

 

"No. I am serious. Would you be my SSBF?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Yeah, sure SSBF."