Mask

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The tall lanky figure entered the student council room, making sure to lock the door before his hand dragged off the sweaty synthetic fiber off his head as well as the stuffy mask. He breathed in deeply and took out a tissue to dry his face. He had a towel to run through his hair too before he took out a comb to put it back in its place. He found himself sliding down to the ground as he clutched his chest, trying to calm down. He counted up to 7 while breathing in and another 10 as he let it out. Once his heart had managed to pace himself again, he stood up and checked in the mirror to be sure that everything was in place.

After all, he was the student president.

Minhyun left the student council room after making sure the wig and mask were kept in a secured location. He made his way to Baekho's classroom, peeking in to see how the other was holding up. He wasn't very surprised to find Baekho sleeping since school only started in another half an hour's time. He decided to leave him alone but Baekho's eyes opened and he took notice of the tall figure staring at him from the door. He sat up slowly and waved. Minhyun stiffened and waved back.

"That's you, right, Minhyun?" Baekho asked while squinting a little. Minhyun cleared his throat and nodded, straightening himself.

"Yeah. How's... The knee?" Minhyun asked while slowly approaching the sleepy student who was rubbing his eyes.

"Better. Thanks for yesterday."

"Cool...," Minhyun said softly and stood there awkwardly. He didn't know how else to continue this conversation.

"I didn't know you could... Fight that well," Baekho continued talking. "Sorry for looking down on you. I was worried that you were going to get injured but look who is the injured one now." Baekho laughed bitterly and Minhyun just nodded.

"Just... Take proper care of yourself."

"Mmm... Yeah I will. And my friend walked me to school. He's going to walk me back too so you don't have to worry about a thing," Baekho said and again, the student president's head bounced up and down even though Baekho wasn't looking at him at all. He was just talking while looking at his fingers that were in constant motion.

"That's... Good to hear."

"Mhmmm... Aren't you going to get going? I mean, you're usually at the gate waiting to snap at poor kids who forget their neckties, right?" Baekho said jokingly and Minhyun's lips tugged at its sides a little but he managed to hide his smile.

"Yep. And also to tell them to wear proper shoes," Minhyun said before leaving Baekho in confusion at his last sentence.

¬¬¬

After the bell signifying the end of school rang, Baekho waited patiently for Min to show up. He drummed his fingers lightly on his table as he rocked his chair with his good leg while staring outside. He watched students leave the school compound. Some running, some walking and some cycling. He pulled his phone out and twirled it a little, wondering if he should text Min to see when he was coming but he didn't have to when the tall mysterious male popped in seconds later. Min headed up to his table and Baekho almost fell back if not for the tall male holding his chair.

"You're here!" Baekho exclaimed and Min nodded. He picked up Baekho's bag and the owner gasped while getting up. "I can carry it myself. Its really fine. My leg is hurt, not my arms." Min nodded and handed the bag over. The chair was slid in once Baekho was up and Min motioned him to go on. Baekho placed his hand on the shoulder that he was allowed to hold and slowly, they made their way out again. Baekho chatted away, saying whatever that came to mind and Min just listened quietly as they walked towards Baekho's house. Baekho didn't mind the lack of response but he also didn't want to seem too talkative so he would quiet down sometimes until Min glanced at him, tilting his head to give him the confused 'why-did-you-stop' look which would then encourage him to continue talking.

Once they were inside the house, Baekho led Min into him into his bedroom. His bedroom wasn't untidy but it wasn't super neat either. Rather than calling it dirty, it was just unorganised. There was a pile of clothes stacked up in a corner in a laundry basket. His bed was unkempt but there was no random clothes laying about so it was still fine. His blanket just laid crumpled in one spot. The low table had books and stationaries sort of just placed on it as if they were only there for the sake of being there.

"Make yourself comfortable," Baekho said while trying to clear up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter