°CHAPTER 22°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 22[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 5 July 2018[/CONTENTID2]
 

[CONTENTID3]

The last time you met Sehun was meant to be your last meeting with him. As dramatic as it sound, you found yourself crave to go and see him again. Something feels off. You hate that you are so indecisive.

Going there is absolutely a bad idea. It's not about Irene, you are not scared of her. You broke the vow you made to yourself over and over again.

Annoying? You know you are. One time you are like this and another time you are a different you. In your mind there's always that voice whispering for you to do something you shouldn't, causing confusion. That is why sometimes without doubt ending your life is a good decision.

You heard a gasped behind you as you closed the door, "T-teacher?" Jihoon is shocked to see you, in the hospital again.

And it happens to be in front of his daddy room. She just about to leave the room. The boy eyes are wide opened, he is not feeling the best with the current situation so seeing her right now actually made him feel relieved. He miss her so much.

"Jihoon.... I-uhh... I'm visiting your father."

Hesistation, Jihoon notices, which make him doubts his teacher is telling the truth. Her eyes are puffy and red. Couldn't be that she is crying for his daddy, when they barely knew each other. Unless, she does. Right?

His quick witted brain is trying hard to come out with a reasoning for this.

Your hands are trembling. You muttered a quick goodbye then excuse yourself, avoiding many more questions from your son. That just add up to Jihoon suspicion.He don't know why his instinct telling him, there' s something more than just a visit. Jihoon remained in the middle of hallway, eyes fixed on corner where you dissappeared from his sight.

"Well, people been seeing his ex-wife with him many times nowadays. Do they have something going on? How about your future daughter-in law?"

Ex-wife.


 

Ex-wife? 

His brain suddenly clicked. He found himself hard to accept his assumption. Out of all people.

"Uncle Lee." He call his butler who just done parking the car. The butler quickly respond to the young master.

"You know my mom, right?" Lee have no choice but to answer yes, he can't lie because he been working with the Oh family before Jihoon even born. Young master is more than aware of the fact.
 

"Can you tell me her name?" He actually gaped at the boy, he's not in the place to tell Jihoon. It is a forbidden topic to talk within the household. If anyone were to break that, it would be Sehun. Jihoon look so serious though. He is so eager to know that his eyebrows scrunched in anticipation.

"J-jihoon-ah.."

 

Both of them turn around when Mrs. Oh calls his grandson. Why does his grandma has to come so early?

"Why did you come here without telling me? You should stay at home when you're sick!"
 

"NO!" Jihoon escaped through the hallway as fast as he can. He hate how controling his grandmother is. Even more that now his daddy is not around.
 

Runaway from her is the only thing he can think of. When his daddy not around, his grandmother is becoming more obsessed in arranging his life.  He don't want to go home, he should be with daddy. He been refusing all the meds given to him to soothe his fever, he is not sick he is just tired.

Mrs. Oh sighs. She doesn't bother to chase after the boy. He will come back anyways looking for Sehun, so she just proceed to the room.

Baekhyun who is at the scene watching from the end of hallway. He come for his daily visit. Sehun's mother always cold just like her son. Seeing that she does not seem to care where the boy going Baekhyun couldn't stand it. For godsake, the boy is sick!

So for the next hour he search for Jihoon. He may not be Sehun, but he had literally been with him since he is still a baby that he treated Jihoon like his own. He hope Jihoon would listen to what he has to say at least.

The boy must be around the hospital, he couldn't go far. Baekhyun know this day would come. The day Jihoon will eventually question everyone about his mother.

Having making rounds on every level in the hospital, checked every nook and cranny, he still didn't found him. Baekhyun head to the hospital's park as his last resort.
 

The park is quite wide, which take him about 15 minutes to look around and nope, not even a trace of Jihoon.
 

"Where are you, Jihoon..."

He walk back to the entrance in defeat. Sehun would be angry that he didn't look after his son well. He wanted to contact the police. However, it didn't pass 24 hours mark yet.

"Uncle..?" He turn around founding Jihoon standing there. He instantly went on knees, crushing the boy into a tight hug, "Where did you go? You're worrying everyone.." As Baekhyun look to Jihoon's face, he pouted cutely saying sorry. He didn't have heart to be scold him.

Much to Baekhyun suprise, Jihoon is smiling. It is a forced smile, but still he tries to look strong and calm. This is why sometimes he wonders if his godchild is really a 6 year old boy, he is way too matured for his age.
 

Jihoon had to say he should win an award for acting. Yes, he was emotional a while ago. But, he decided to man up. Like his father said, face your problem, don't run from it.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun scans him up and down checking if he gotten hurt or something. He chuckled muttering an 'Im fine'. His uncle finally could smile in relieve.

"What I'm going to say to your parents if you gotten hurt? I promised to take care of you. You shouldn't go around alone, baby."

Parents. 

Everyone around him has met his mother recently. He is sure. But, what he don't get is why people are hiding it from him. Don't he deserve to know this?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter