°CHAPTER 6°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER 6[/CONTENTID1] 

 

[CONTENTID2]8 March 2018 [/CONTENTID2] 

 

 

[CONTENTID3] 

The only heir of Oh Inc. is staring at his father that is currently on the phone. They supposed to have breakfast now, but... 

 

Why can't his father just ignore the call? It's always been like this. He miss the time when Sehun was at home more often than he at office.

 

For the past few days, Jihoon has not been able to talk his father at all. Sehun would either be on the phone or typing away on his laptop. The boy didn't disturb him out of respect. Now that his the only chance he got to talk with his father was snatched away, he feel so upset. His favourite egg-mayo sandwiches suddenly doesn't look appealing anymore. He puts half eaten sandwich back to his plate then while pouting, the boy hop down from the chair taking his backpack leaving for school quietly. 

Oh and yes, Daddy is not the one who sends him to school too. He is too busy. 

When he arrived at school, Jihoon is terribly upset when he saw another substitute teacher entered his class for today. Again? Its been the same for 4 consecutive days. To say Jihoon is worried is an understatement, he misses his favourite teacher. 

 

Where is Teacher Park? 

 

Is she doing well? 

 

According to Teacher Lee, she's sick, so she couldn't come. But, it's been 4 days. Jihoon hadn't met her for almost a week. He want to meet her so badly. His father been busy with work, so its the same with Uncle Baekhyun. Uncle Jongin has not visited for awhile, probably not in the country. Just by the thought of it making him want to cry. He feel so lonely.

 

Daddy said boys can't cry. 

He don't care if it's not manly, anymore. 

 

He hates being lonely. Is it wrong if he just want more attention? He want people to listen to him too, even he is a child. For this reason, he always dreamt of having a happy family. He can be a good brother to his siblings. A good son to his parents. And he want nothing more. 

 

For the whole day, he didn't pay attention in the class. He don't want to and don't feel like it. The teacher called him several time in the class pointing out his lack of attention, he couldn't care less. That day, he felt really tired. When Mr. Lee came to pick him up, he straight up entered the car and sleep. The butler thought that the kid must be really tired. Unfortunately, it is even worse. As he tried to wake the poor boy up, there's no respond at all. 

 

"Jihoon-ah..wake up.." He tries again.

 

Jihoon is burning hot. 

 

..... 

 

Sehun was in the middle of giving a talk for the company monthly meeting when a phone call came. It is on silent, vibrating non stop in his pocket. He wanted to ignore it, but the call come again and again. Must be something serious, he thought as he pull the phone out of his suit. 

"Sir, sorry for bothering you, but Jihoon is admitted to the hospital. H-" Sehun heart drops instantly.

"Where are you?!" It alerted everyone in the room.

Without turning back, Sehun immediately leave the hall. Everyone stand and bowed to the Ceo, didn't stop him knowing it is an emergency. 

 

If Sehun was asked if he would trade his company for his son, definitely, without hesisting he would do so. Jihoon is everything to him. If anything happens to him, Sehun wouldn't be able to forgive himself. He kept giving excuses to Jihoon lately, barely paying attention to the boy.

"Daddy...can you help me do this?" Jihoon came into his office room with parts of lego in his hands. He saw it from the corner of his eyes and didn't spare a glance.

"Later, okay. I have to do this first. It's important." His son gave him a look, didn't say anything before he left the room quietly.

Sehun banged the steering wheel in frustration as he recalled last night occurence. This morning too, Jihoon left without a kiss and hug or word. The boy already gone when he done with the phone call.

 

He runs through the hospital hallway until he meet the door of Jihoon's room. When he saw Jihoon, he run his hand through his hair feeling like an absolute jerk of a father. Oh God, my baby. The boy look so pale, literally white. With the IV fluid connected on his small and delicate hand. He teared up as he sat beside the bed clutching the small hands. 

Why can he be a good father like he promised? 

I'm sorry Jihoon. 

It's too late to regret, he did what he did.

 

He kissed his son forehead and just sat there looking at him. It was only about 3 hours later Jihoon wake up. Sehun still wide awake, stands trying to listen on Jihoon mumbling.

 

"T-teacher.. " He didn't hear it wrong. The boy passed out with high fever, now that he is awake he is looking for you. He felt a pang in his heart. But, he has to put that aside for now.

"Daddy... Daddy.. Where is teacher?" the little boy sound so sad and weak. Sehun don't have heart to lie or make up stories.

"I'll bring her here, okay baby." With half-open eyes Jihoon weakly smiled. For a moment, the boy face gleamed when he heard that. He's going to meet teacher! Maybe getting sick is not so bad, he thinks. In his weak state, he knows daddy would grant anything he wants. Jihoon look around, taking in his surrounding. 

"You are in hospital. Wait a second, I'll call the doctor." He did not have to guess, his father is obviously worried. His dark circles seems to double from when Jihoon saw this morning. Somehow, he felt bad. His dad barely slept, he be at office till night only to continue more work at home. Now he's admitted his father must have ditched everything to look after him. That means more work when he returns, wouldn't that be no rest for him them? Jihoon feels worse as realization hit him.

Doctor came in to check on him. He did not pay attention to the adult conversation, busy with his thoughts. When the doctor left, Sehun turn to his son carressing his back,

"Thank god, your temperature went down already. Now, you need to rest, okay." He pulled the blanket making sure his son is as comfortable as possible. Sehun just sat on the bedside caressing the boy's head.

"Daddy..." 

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry.." 

"What are you sorry for??" He smiles softly.

"For being sick? You are busy, now you have to look after me.." Jihoon said a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter