°CHAPTER 9°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 9[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 22 March 2018[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] You are walking down alley of food products. It's been a while since you did a grocery shopping. The reason is because you don't eat much and most probably would take away or call for delivery. These days, Seulgi and Jongin been visiting you frequently and when you look into your fridge for something to serve them, always nothing. Stacking up some groceries won't hurt.

At the moment you somehow feel a bit calm than your usual antsy behaviour. Without realizing, you are smiling and even humming to a random tune while doing the grocery. After a while of walking around and putting things into trolley you halted.

"What are you doing?" A voice whispered. You look around where everyone are minding their business doing what they supposed to do in a supermarket. You turn around to grab a carton of eggs, but you it somehow slipped of your hand. And now it becomes a bunch of cracked eggs, a mess on the floor. You panicked and crouching down to pick up the shells.

"Do you think you deserve to be normal?"  You bit your lips trying to held your fear down.

You don't feel yourself fit the society anymore. You are not normal. You don't want to live. You are disgusted

with yourself.

All this feeling came to invade you at one time. Your heartbeat fasten out of panic.

For the past 5 years, you avoid being in the public. With an exception riding the bus and going to work, almost everything you do don't require you to be in the presence a lot of people.

"Miss, are you okay?" You quickly turn around at the familiar voice.

"B-baek?" Your voice came out really hoarse. Obviously, it is cause by your incoming anxiety attack. The lad noticed how you look so helpless, like you are about to bawled out tears.

Shooking you arm gently he asks if you are okay. However, you are not answering, your hands are icy cold. Baekhyun pulled you into a hug as a last result escorting you out of the place.
 

.....
 

"Here." Baekhyun hand you a bottled water.

"Thanks." Both of you are currently a small park just in front of the supermarket. There's barely people there as it's weekday and people are busy.

This is your first time meeting Baekhyun after years. You didn't expect to meet him this soon as it seems almost impossible for you to cross path with him. He is the Ceo's secretary right.

"Hm...my Jae is still so cute." You look at him finding him scrunching his nose cutely at you. He ruffles your hair with all his might that it turn into a bird nest. What's with them and people's hair.

"Stop it! You always ruin my hair." You shook his hand away with a pout. A low laugh resonates. "I miss doing that to you." He then attempt to squeeze your cheek and make you shreek in pain. "Miss doing that too. But its not as soft, have you been eating well?" You whined in pain, rubbing your cheeks. As you look at Baek, you suddenly chuckled. Just like that both of you laugh without a mere reason.
 

Until you teared up, maybe because you are so happy.

"Im trying to. Anyways, I miss you, Baek. How have you been?"

"Well, nice job, nice friends, what more I could ask for?" He said with his left eyebrow lifted. "Oh and still single! Sehun made me work like dog, no time for love life." You giggled. Baek has always the most flirtatious one out of the three. He may not be as good looking compared to Sehun and Jongin, but he's famous for his charm being the cutest boy at the school. With his smart mouth and adorable face, everyone would say yes to anything he asks.

Girls and boys are that whipped for him, apparently.
 

"How about you?" Baekhyun noticed how you smile fade as he asked the question. "Did I say something wrong?" You waved your hands in denial.

"I'm fine. Have nice friends and job too." You smile, which didn't pretty much appear genuine to your best friend.

"Jongin told me, he met you and how you are really different like a new person." He said in a worried tone. "I guess he is right. You look different, but I can still see you are the Jaein that I know." He put his hands on your, gazing your eyes. "Are you okay?"

You don't know how to answer him. So you reply with a painful smile.

"I'm fine." Then Baekhyun knew how bad it is.
 

.....

 

Sehun had always deprived of sleep. This time it feels like he is reaching his limit. But, its totally fine. He does it for Jihoon. Settle everything and he can spend some quality time with his precious son. Jihoon been sulking, not talking to him much. The single father knows well Jihoon is trying to get his attention, all because the lack of attention he gives to Jihoon. The boy found that's the only way of winning his father over work.

He sometimes forgot that he is also a father that need to look after his son. Sehun is wrong for thinking that Jihoon is okay under the care of his nanny only, that his son will understand his situation.

"Daddy is a busy man. I get it." 

Afterall, even Jihoon is a clever kid, he remains a kid at heart. He stills crave for love and affection from his parent.

He wouldn't want his son to hate him. That's the last thing ever he wishes. Jihoon is the best thing that ever happen in his life. Reminiscing old memories, he smiled when he recalls the first time carry an infant Jihoon in his arms. The bundle of joy was so adorable that he teared up thinking that he is now a father.

"I'll be the best father for you, little buddy." He pecked the little boy in his arms with all the love and affection he has.
 

Sehun type the last words before saving the document and shut his computer off. He already told Jihoon's nanny to pack up for the event. On the other hand, Jihoon is still sour with Sehun, as he assumed that they are not going to attend the sports day. Sehun wants it to be a suprise because Jihoon loves suprises.
 

....
 

It's around 5.00 a.m. when Sehun wake up and enters Jihoon's bedroom.

"Baby~ wake up..." the father whispered to his sleeping son.

Jihoon squirms don't want to open his eyes.

"You going to be late for the sports day then~"

Jihoon quickly sit-up already looking so eager. "Are we really going?!!" Sehun chuckles while nodding. Series of yays booming through the house quite in the morning.

"Thank you, Daddy!" After, gving kisses to his daddy, the boy runs to the bathroom, brushing his teeth while singing his heart out. Sehun stares at his son a bit before he go to ready himself too.
 

....
 

Seogwipo is located at Jeju I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter