°CHAPTER 5°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 5[/CONTENTID1] 

[CONTENTID2] 23th February 2018[/CONTENTID2] 



 

[CONTENTID3]

*Trigger Warning: Depression, Eating disorder.*

"How are you doing, little bud?" Baekhyun brushes Jihoon's hair softly as he sat beside him. He smiles fondly at the boy who entire face light up when he sees him.

"Great! You Uncle?" Jihoon continues to assemble his lego set. Baekhyun answered happily, it's been a while since he met Jihoon. In the States, he sees the boy everyday as they live next to each other. He spent most of his time at Sehun's though, those dark times when the guy was in a mess. Being the older one, Baekhyun helped him get his life together. It was a random decision. Baek fought with his family, decides to follow Sehun and now he enjoys his job as a secretary. Never thought he be great at this.

Then, he would always be there on the father and son trips. The way he been taking care of Jihoon like his own blood make people assumed Sehun and him as a pair of gay couple. Nah, that guy is totally good looking, he gets it and envy him sometimes. But, no thanks he is straight as .

It just, Jihoon is Baekhyun's and Jongin's precious godchild. They adore Sehun's son so much that they always pampered the boy a little bit too much. Thank god, despite being showered with unlimited affection, Jihoon is not spoiled at all. In fact, he is the most well-mannered child he ever met. His nephew and niece can't even compare to smart and polite, Jihoon. Okay, he is complimenting him way too much now.

He suddenly grin at he time when he and Jongin got the news of your pregnancy.
 

Jongin and Baekhyun both barged into your apartment door at the same time shouting your name. Rushed footsteps booming through the house as two grown adults running through the house. It is not that long till they reach your room, where you are actually lounging on the bed.
 

"IS IT TRUE?!" These two dumbos looks like they left whatever they done before coming here. 

Well, Jongin is wearing a gucci shirt and long coat with such a baggy pants. His makeup is still on, with those dark eye shadows and blinding highlighter. He must be from a photoshoot or something. 

Baekhyun, with his usual office attire, just an ugly brownish blotch on the white shirt. What the hell happened?
 

"Yeah, it is true-but what the hell happened with your shir-" You had not finished the sentence yet they are already gushing over your stomach, talking in babyish language.

"OH MY GOD! WE'RE GOING TO BE GODFATHER!" Both of them are looking at each other giddily. Also, they are snickering.

"I'm so going to teach him to be majestic like me."
 

"HAH! Majestic? you! You going to ruin him!" At the sudden curse, Baekhyun 'Oh' ed, covering his mouth. "I should not curse right? He can hear??" As on cue, Jongin flicked his forehead.
 

Since he learned you are Jihoon's teacher from Jongin he been wanting to meet you. A reunion dinner sounds nice.

 

So he decides to have 'Only Best Friends' dinner. They haven't had it since Sehun return to Seoul, everyone was occupied. So why not do it now, with Jae.

It was a usual meetup they did on a regular basis. This time Baekhyun wanted to invite you. Afterall, you are their bestfriends too, ever since high school. Can't just discard the friendship just because of an unfortunate event. As much as he want to bring you and Sehun back together, he can't do anything. He don't even know why the couple separated in the first place. Spending all his time with Sehun was fruitless. 

Also, your disappearance was still a mystery to Jongin and Baekhyun. Everything happened in a short time, it's crazy.

"Is it okay for me to be there? D-do you think Sehun will be fine with it?" You asked Jongin in a very nervous tone. You still couldn't forget the scene at Sehun's apartment. you are not ready to face him. Think of it, you will never be ready to face him with your state anyways.

Baekhyun personally called to invite you, he sounded excited and you felt bad if you turn him down.

And you misses Baekhyun too.

Out of the three, Baekhyun was the first one who approach you without being obviously hostile. Jongin and Sehun was wary while he with all smiles extend his hand out to shook with you.

"Byun Baekhyun is at your service." Its fun to think of old times.

 

You gulped, going to brace yourself for this meeting then.

.....

Baekhyun had booked the whole restaurant for the dinner. Yes, you are the odd one between them. Three of the guys are all the heir of big companies.

Baekhyun's family is pretty much affluent. For, three generations their restaurant chain business has been prosperous.

Jongin is the only son from Kim Electronics, a household name in the country.

And, Sehun the current Ceo of Oh Inc, runs multiple business under one company.

You haven't thought much about this back then. Because to you they are just ones with unlimited money to spent. All of them are humble, not very keen of flaunting their wealth. Their extremely normal behaviour made you forgot the social class difference. You have heard many times people said befriend with people of your class or you will get in trouble. The Jaein from few years ago would have snort at the statement,

Once you learnt what people with money can do to ruin you, everything suddenly make sense.

 

As you entered the restaurant with Jongin, you saw Baekhyun waving from the table with a cheeky grin. It is not necessary to do so, but it's Baekhyun we talking about here. A shining ball of sunshine.

Next to him is of course Sehun. He didn't look at your way though. With his serious face, he is occupied with his phone unaware of his surrounding. Looking at him now, everything seems normal. He's acting like himself, but it's not going to be pretty when he saw you.

Jongin pull the chair for you like the gentleman he is.
Your seat happen to be in front of Sehun. Even he is not yet aware of your presence, you already feel your stomach drop. Nerve-wrecking. Why were you here again?

"Well, I hope you don't mind, Sehun." As on cue, Sehun look up to the mention of his name. His eyebrows instantly scrunched. "What is she doing here?" He asked in annoyance. You couldn't look at his face. It would too much for you to handle, so you look down fiddling with your dress.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter