°CHAPTER 19°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 19[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 29 June 2018[/CONTENTID2]
 

[CONTENTID3]

!!DOUBLE UPDATE!!

Irene pulls her car to a stop in front of the Oh's family residence. This visit has been on her mind for quite some time, and she would have come earlier were it not for her hectic schedule. Sitting in the car, she immerses herself in contemplation for a moment. Once she takes this step, there's no going back. She take her phone and dial her fiancé's number, perhaps hoping that his answer might change her mind.

Sadly, it isn't going to make any different.

Sehun wouldn't pick up her calls anymore. Irene sighed in disappointment. All she hopes is for Sehun to at least reply to her messages. She didn't even message a lot like those clingy girlfriends out there. Just a daily hi and how are you. Is it wrong for her to crave some kind of attention from her lover? 

"Sehun, you changed a lot." 

"Change? You're being delusional, Irene. I'm just busy. Now I have business to attend, see you." 

 

See you? Did he really meant it? It hurts.

He is becoming more distant as the time went. Even when she is in front of him, there's no denying he lose his interest. He is not looking at her the same way anymore. Their wedding are getting near, yet Sehun is acting is acting like this. Any woman would be terrified. Still, Irene didn't voice her insecurities. She thought that she finally got the man of her dreams. Given her beauty and status, a lot of man tried to use as a stepping block. None had ever truly love and care about her. As if she is a doll to be show off like a trophy, emotionless and thoughtless. They thought if they shower her with gifts and sweet nothing she would be content. And when she acted up, they would instantly turn hostile and violent towards her. Who was using who at the first place?

After countless heartbreak she went through, love seems a hopeless matter to her. 

Sehun is different.

"You?" Sehun eye her up and down, before chuckling. "How can you be single? Is it because you are not lady-like or you not like what they expected?" 

Irene feel bitter in . Another guy with ist remark. She quickly gulped another cup of alcohol feeling extremely annoyed by this stranger sitting next to her.

"You are gorgeous though, don't let people change you. They clearly don't know you inside out enough. Lame people don't deserve true beauty. You'll fine the one, one day." She stops drinking, feeling a bit flustered. No one has said that to her.

 

 

That was in the past. Now, she is well aware that she does not own the highest spot in his heart. They dated for 2 years and Sehun proposed earlier this year. That's why she left everything in the States and return to Seoul, so she could be with him. Settle down. That future she anticipated seems blurry now. The wedding is in a few months, but Sehun has not take part in anything at all even the suit fitting. The appointment with the tailor has been cancelled for at least five times now.

When she confront him about it, Sehun would say he is busy. It would have been a plausible reason if it were used once or twice. 

 

She wanted to believe him. Everyday she try to hold herself from breaking down. Out of frustration, she bit her lips and step out her car walking into the Oh's.

"Good morning, Miss. Mrs. Oh is not here right now, do you want me to inform her your arrival?" Irene shook her head. "No it's okay. I'll wait for her."

The maid excused herself. Irene sat in the living room, she going to wait even it is wasting her time.

 

....

 

"Your condition improved a lot." Seulgi eyes turn into cresent as she smiles. She is so happy that you are getting healthier amd stronger. She made a note in her head to treat Jongin later. If it is not because of him, you wouldn't be here today appearing much more positive than you used to.

"Your bpm is normal." She write down the result, you stand from the chair and weight yourself. "You are still underweight but you are getting there. You gained 2 kilos!" Your bestfriend clap her hands to congratulate this achievement. You felt like a child with Seulgi's cheerful reaction.

You didn't expect to have that much of improvement, so you are kind of suprised even you don't show it much to Seulgi. At last, your mind start to accept that things can get better over time. The only thing is that you have to be brave enough to fight your fear.

"Thanks, Seul." The doctor clicked her tongue, which is a weird respond to your words.

"You know, you should thank Jongin more. I barely check on you because i'm always busy." She stopped for a second contemplating whether she should say the next words.

"And... you should give him a chance. I can see that he loves you very much. Nobody waits for their love for this long and still give their best." That was so random, but Seulgi simply want you to continue your life like a normal person. Ever since she met you, she had never seen you enjoy your life properly. Anxiety will always haunt you, pushing you away from pursuing things you love.

"I don't think so..." You breathe. "Yet.." You are not ready for relationship. How can you love someone else when you don't even love yourself enough?

After the check up you are about to leave the hospital when a familiar figure stands tall in front of the lobby. That lean back and dark brown hair, who else could it be?

"You, what are you doing here?" The guy turns around taking of his sunglasses, just like those korean dramas he shine amongst the people. The women around gaped at him, could not resist to ignore such a hot guy.

"Picking you up, my dear princess." He even bowed like a prince usually does. You frown ridiculously. Jongin and his sweet playboy mouth. Other girls would fall to their knees the moment he look at them but she could easily make Jongin beg for her attention.

"I'm not your princess." You humphed and walk ahead. Jongin quickly strides to block you, giving a kicked puppy look. "Oh please, you not going to ignore me just like that." A laugh out loudly. You liked this Jongin better, he may look like a heartbreaker but his trueself is completely different.

"Come on, I wanna take you to meet someone today."

"Who?" Your bestfriend only wink before pulling your hand gently to his car.

It is not long after you find out where he is bringing you to. Honestly, it's been a while since the last time you gone here. Back then, you are still a student. A lot of things has changed.

You two walk through the gates to the entrance of the house. Jongin pressed the bell with a light smile and whispers 'hide behind me'. You just do as he said, not thinking much. Well his back is wide enough to hide another person. The door opens revealing Jongin's mother nagging as she saw her son at the doorstep.

"You know the passcode why-" She gasped dramatically, hands covering . "Oh my!" Her eyes glimmers with happiness, quickly pulling you in a tight hug.

"Oh dear, Jaein-ah! Come in!" Jongin's mother break the hug, pulling you inside her house. Jongin made a face. His mother doesn't even bother to look at him now she has you here.

As you settle down on the couch, Mrs. Kim stare at you with a smile. Jongin who just entered the living room lightly taps his mother, for being so weird.

"Mom, you going to scare her." Of course, she return Jongin with a deadly glance aksing him to shut up. Her face instantly transition as she look at you.

"Oh my, you are still beautiful as I remember. You doesn't seem to age!" You poli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter