°CHAPTER 8°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 8[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 14 March 2018[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] Jihoon had recovered from his high fever and now back to being an energetic ball he always was. As the butler stops the car in front of the kindergarten gate, he bade goodbye cheerfully to the driver and ran through the gate into the kindergarten joyfully.

"Good morning, teacher~!" His voice booming through your office. The boy is smiling so brightly. Such a good looking boy your son is. His signature eye-smile resembles Sehun a lot. You catch the boy as he jumps to you for a hug. Oof! A bit too hard but lovely still. In your arms, he look up to you with toothy smile. Hospital was boring, because of that he had spent his time thinking about a lot of things.

 

Like he said before, he wishes to have teacher with him all time. In a short time, Jihoon grew fond of his teacher, as if he already knew her the moment he met her.

"Teacher, promise me!"

"Promise what?" You crouch to his level, brushing away his bangs that had grown pass his forehead. "Promise you won't leave me!" After learning how your absence could somehow affect Jihoon's health, you don't dare to be away anymore.

Which mother wants her child to get hurt?

"I promise, baby." Jihoon pulls your hand and intertwined his small baby pinkies with yours. Adorable. 

"Daddy said when you promise you can't break it, if you do you're a bad person." He reminded.

Such a familiar words. 

 

"You know I'm a man of my words. If I promise something, I will do it. "

 

But he break all of his promises though. You no longer have faith in promises. Just like the cliche sayings, promises are created to be broken.

 

 

"That guy is a bad person!" You are startled by the tug on your hands.  It seems like you had said your thoughts out loud. "Teacher, whoever that guy is, his a bad guy. You cannot befriend with him."

Jihoon depised the idea of his teacher talking about another guy. He wants to make his daddy and teacher a couple! Teacher would be a perfect mother that he always dreamt of. Everytime the mother topic is mentioned his daddy will avoid it like a plague. Not that he never asks his daddy about his mommy, his father would always say 'she left us' , and ends the conversation.

 

Jihoon may be 6, but he is way matured than the kids his age. Maybe, because he seen the hardships his father been through.

His earliest memory was when he got up in the middle of the night feeling uneasy, so he went to his father room to sleep with him. The door was left ajar, he peeked inside. He didn't expect to see his dad sitting on the edge of the bed, crying. It was a painful cry, the same feeling as when he broke his favorite toy.

What could have made his father so sad?

Slowly, he pushes the door to approach his father, wanting to console him. Daddy has always cheer him up when he is sad. He wish to do the same for his father too.

"Daddy, why are you crying?" The father stilled for a second then quickly wipes the tears of his face before he turn his attention to Jihoon.

"Ha? I'm not crying..." His father said while chuckling. His eyes and nose, no his entire face is red. "Something got into my eye...I been trying to get it out." There's no way he didn't cry. Jihoon was about to argue but his father cut him off.

"Why are you awake? Are you having nightmares?" Sehun opens his arms welcoming Jihoon into his embrace. A warm kiss landed on the boy's forehead, which make him feel safe and warm.

Since then, Jihoon is more attentive to Sehun's feelings. Most nights his father slumped with work, Sehun would still tug him to bed and read bedtime stories. More often than not his father would also fall asleep in his office out of exhaustion and get up early the next day to prepare bathe and feed him. Though it was very exhausting, Sehun has never said he was tired. On some days his father would appear sad, lonely but still smile for Jihoon everytime.

 

He wonder why? Is it his mother?

 

Sometimes, he would go through the house for any of his mother information. But he found none. He wonder really why his father try so hard to hide her identity. One of reason he is not giving up, is for the small ripped apart family photo that he found. Even it is only half of the photograph, he could figure out the unidentified person on the ripped part is his mother.

 

 

"Really? Then you would you hate someone who broke their promise?" The boy place his pointer finger on his lips, deep in thought.

"But, daddy also said that not everybody broke promises on purpose.., so if they have a good reason, I would forgive them." For a moment you are dazed with your lilttle boy words. Very smart and thoughtful. In reality, its not that simple. When you broke your promise, you will hurt somebody. Even with apologies, the damage has been done. The bigger the promise is the harder it is to get over with.

 

.....

 

The rest of your day are haunted by memories and promises. Sweet memories that are said worth remembering. Now, you are sitting in the bus heading home after work. While your eyes are fixed on the road, your mind is elsewhere.

 

what if you and him are still a thing.

 

It's different now. Those sweet memories are more like a poison that will only destroy you when you start thinking about it.

 

"Sehun, can you promise me something?" 

"Anything for you my queen, what is it?" 

"Promise me you won't ever leave me, ever!" Sehun chuckles at his wife cute request. 

"No, babe. I can't live without you, so why would I kill myself when I can be with you?" 

 

You pull out your necklace from the collar and admire a diamond ring that come with it. When Sehun left, everything was put on end drastically. However, you still can't move on from the promises, which is why you still keep your wedding band. Everyday as you wake up, you wish he would come to mend all the promises back. You just want to wake up from this endless nightmare.
 

Such a delusional wish.

Are promises are meant to be broken?
 

It is.

 

.....

 

As Jongin step into his parents house, he could already hear the loud chatter of his sisters. Ladies, the usual. He quietly walked into the living room, don't want them to notice him. However, somehow his mother's instinct failed Jongin.
 

"Ah, Jonginnie my boy!" She rushed to hug him, smooching his cheek while he is tries to dogde it.

"Mom please! I'm turning 28 for god sake!" His older sisters laughed as they tackled him to a big hug too. Even with his tall height, both of them managed to ruffle his hair. If people see the No. 1 South Korea top model get trea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter