°CHAPTER 17°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 17[/CONTENTID1] 

[CONTENTID2] 25 June 2018[/CONTENTID2] 

 

[CONTENTID3] Baekhyun entered the bar looking for his bestfriend. The bar is pack with people even on weekdays, so it took him a while to locate the guy.

"Hey." He sits next to not-in-the-mood-Jongin. Jongin just nod as acknowledgement. His head is slumped on the counter, staring into nothing particularly.

"Come on, you wouldn't invite me to drink unless you have problem. Talk." knowing him for more than half of his life, Baekhyun can read every Jongin's action. This boy is just so soft, he worries him sometimes if he got hurt badly.

Last time he cried when he could not attend Jihoon birthday party. Jihoon always joke about it how a crybaby this one uncle is and that will just make him cry harder.

"She's leaving." One shot.

"Whose her exactly?"

"Jae." Two shot.
 

Baekhyun actually chuckled at this. Jongin is a  playboy, undeniably. Girls are all around him, yet the only girl he set his eyes on is you. Even he goes around leaving his traces to countless woman, he made it clear that he is not seeking any romantic relationship with any of them. That really made him look like a jerk. Its not like he did something wrong though, Jongin respects woman and would only touch them with consent. If they catch feelings with him then it is their problem to deal because he made it clear no strings attached.

"Jongin let me tell you. Before, you guys fell for her, someone else already fall for her first. It's not like love at the first sight...More like love at the first talk." Well, this time Jongin eyes and attention are all on him. What bull does this guy have to offer this time?

"What's the point here?" Baekhyun clicked his tounge feinging the look of hurt, he knows Jongin is already annoyed as hell.

"There's no point just telling." The tan male then ask him to tell more. He seems to have a gist what this about.

"Well, he very much fell in love with her, but never got the balls to confess. Simply, because that guy knew he never stand a chance. Jae only think of him as a good friend."

"Why you never told us though you liked her?" For what? To fight each other for a girl? He might be the biggest jokester out of the three, but when it come to matureness, its totally him that tops. Sehun and Jongin is always too emotionally driven. So he back off early.

Baekhyun later on realize that his love for her more like a sister. His over protectiveness and adoration towards her is special only for her.

"I still love her will always do, a platonic one. She is like a little sister that I never had."

"Okay, but what is the point still?" 

"If you really care and love her, support her all you can." Baekhyun poured himself a drink and quickly gulp the alcohol.

"But what if she dissappear again..." Jongin could not bear the thought of not seeing you again. If you are moving out of Seoul, it will harder for him to see you, to check up on you. He barely had the time to go home himself.

"She won't! You are being overdramatic. If she wants to dissappear she won't even bother to tell you she is moving." The older could not help but chuckled which made Jongin scowl at him for not taking him seriously. It does feel a bit overdramatic that he is taking the piece of news like his life depended on it. You did say that you want to start a new life. These days you are much more positive and Jongin is more than happy for you. Still, he can't help feeling concerned when he can't be near you.

Don't get him wrong. He believes in you. He knows you can take care of yourself too. With everything he will support you, but what if something happened to you? He would not be able to forgive himself.

"Everything's going to be fine, stop being a worrywart. Jae is much stronger than you think. She managed to get through these past years alone, she will definitely be fine now."

 

.....

 

"I respect every decision you made Ms. Park. These 2 years, you been working brilliantly with us. Thank you for your service." You smile to the kindergarten headmaster.

You submitted your letter of resignation. You're one step away starting a new life. Working at the kindergarten is actually a therapy for you. Your psychiatrist recommend you to work here and it pretty much helping a bit in making your days less empty, and not occupied with depressive thoughts.
 

"I have had a good time here too. Thank you for treating me well."

"Jaein, if this doesn't bother you, can I ask, how's Jihoon? Did you tell him you are leaving Seoul?" Your employer knew that Jihoon is your son, you told her. You look down with a sad smile.

"Well, I don't know how to tell him yet." If you tell him, he will probably be upset. If you don't tell him, he will also hate you for leaving like that. The boy had grown attached to you so much. Afterall, he's your son, and you are his biological mother, the maternal bond pull you and Jihoon together.

.....

A knock on the Ceo's room resonates, revealing Baekhyun behind the door with a thick brown envelope.

"Someone dropped by for this earlier." Baek place it on the table. After a while he still standing there, so Sehun try to chase him out.

"Urgh, i'm curious what's that. Don't want to share?" Sehun sighed shooking his head slowly. "It's nothing. Just some documents about real estate. That's all." His secretary frown, not believing his boss words at all. What does Sehun think he is? Five? Whatever he is hiding, Baekhyun is really curious. Sehun never really keep secrets from him (aside from his divorce).

"Fine! I'll found out anyway you brat!" Somehow he manage to show a middle finger before exiting the room.

"Hey watch your mouth or i'll fire you!" Sehun makes a comeback. However, he guffaws when his bestfriend shout out 'Try me !' loudly from outside the room.

How can he have a peaceful life when Baekhyun is around.. Finally, he's all alone, opens the envelope. Its not that someone would just burst into his room though, he's the big boss.

He pulls out a stack of papers with bookmarks and clipped photos. The first few words read 'Seoul General Hospital Medical Record'.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter