°CHAPTER 29°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER 29[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]19 AUGUST 2018[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

"I-I love you too, Oh Sehun..."

 

Sehun eyes widened with hope.

"You expected me to say this..." The moment he hold you, you knew you have definitely moved on. All this time you were gallavanting the past were because that was the only warmth and happiness you know of. You forgot what freedom is, to live without worries.

You forgot to be happy.

You lost yourself in all this.

"But why? You said you still love me. I know I didn't hear it wrong. What made you change your heart?" Sehun could not hide his desperation, even he knew its his fault he needs to make this work again. He has to.

"We both know its impossible for us to go back as what we used to be." A relationship built of guilt and shame is useless. You can't fit his standards and he will not stop putting blame on himself. This is the moment you been simulating in your mind over and over. You can't explain the relief when you finally said it, make your stance clear. For the first time, there is no lingering question in your head, you know this is the right thing to do.

"Let's just be friends again, for Jihoon, for us."

"Friends?! But I don't want us to just be friends. Please. I would do any-"

"I want us to be friends. That's it. I hope you respect my decision. I want to live happily, free of my past. You should let it go too, have a good life." You breath in. "And don't let your mother control you. You are you, Oh Sehun." Your ex-husband could not deny your words. 

"We can talk again when you get better. Now come in, I'll call Jongin or Baekhyun to pick you up." Sehun shook his head in disagreement as he tries to convince you again. As if his face is not pale enough, it turns whiter after your rejection. 

A decision has been made, there is no turning back from this.

You left Sehun alone in the living room and shut yourself in the room.

 

....

Sehun found himself back in the hospital, relieved that the surgery had been successful. Despite occasional headaches and slight amnesia, the doctors assured him that nothing serious was amiss. However, frustration gnawed at him—Jaein's rejection weighed heavily on his mind. She didn't even once visited him. What had gone wrong? What did she want?

"You should rest instead of stressing yourself out," Jongin's voice interrupted his thoughts, dripping with sarcasm. Sehun couldn't stand his best friend's remarks lately. Jongin knew what had happened, yet he couldn't seem to keep his mouth shut.

Jongin was not only Sehun's best friend but also Jaein's.

"If you hurt her in any way, I'll take her from you," 

He was true to his word, he didn't let Sehun slack one bit.

But Sehun is not going to back down. He would win Jaein back, no matter what it took.

 

Jongin sat in front of Sehun, his expression conflicted. To Sehun, it seemed like Jongin was intentionally stirring up trouble, refusing to let him off the hook and acting overly protective of Jaein, as if she belonged to him. After all, she had chosen Sehun over Jongin, and now that Sehun was divorced, Jongin might see an opportunity to swoop in.

"Tch, whether she's mine or not, I won't let you near her," Jongin asserted, his tone firm.

"You don't get to decide for her!" Sehun shot back, his frustration boiling over.

"And who are you to decide for her?!" Jongin retaliated angrily. There were plenty of reasons for Jongin to be upset with Sehun, and while he had been patient with his friend in the past, this time he couldn't tolerate it any longer. He was still bothered by Irene's pregnancy and felt guilty for her situation. If he could knock some sense into Sehun's head by kicking him in the face, he would have done it. But Sehun was stubborn, refusing to listen to reason.

Just why would he always impregnate his girlfriends, it feels like when Jae got pregnant all over again. Jongin was angry at first, how could he get her pregnant when she was studying? They are not even engaged, and suddenly boom a baby. He still loves Jihoon very much, but he couldn't deny it was a bad timing. Jae has to submit to being a housewife, got divorced and left with nothing. All would have been better if Sehun didn't think with his .

"Just...get the out." Sehun growled.

"Gladly." He huffed in annoyance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter