°CHAPTER 16°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 16[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 19 June 2018[/CONTENTID2]




 

[CONTENTID3] Almost two month since Sehun last met you. He still wonder why you came to his office that day. Nevertheless, he didn't do anything to find out. Its weird for him to go out of his way like that. Your reaction was visibly heartbroken though. That made him push Irene out of the way to chase you. She was really upset at him for doing that and has not replied to his messages. Maybe its better to let her be right now. Sehun himself having a hard time.

The point is,

do you still love him that much?

He kind of want to see if you are doing well. Jihoon didn't talk much about his teacher either, wonder how he is feeling about it. The father didn't dare to ask even he and his son are in good term now.

 

However, that night Jihoon had a random request.

"Daddy..." They are in the living room, Sehun sitting on the couch scrolling through his tab while Jihoon watching tv laying his head on his father's lap.

The tone the boy used tells Sehun Jihoon wants something from him, so he hums in return. The boy contemplating whether if his father would grant his request. Anxiously, he play with his fingers. "The other day... You said you want to bring me to meet teacher..." He slowly peeked on his father's face, but he seems unreactive at all.

"And?"

"Um-um can we have a picnic with teacher tomorrow?"


"Can we daddy? Pleaseee?" He don't know why Jihoon suddenly got the idea of picnic. "Did you ask her yet?" The boy giggled.

Maybe this is a way he could meet you.

"Not yet.. If she say yes can we go? " The single father nods approvingly.
 

One of Jihoon's friend told him that his family gone on a picnic and it sounds pretty fun. He want to try it too. Maybe, daddy and teacher can get to know better? He smile as he imagine a perfect family he dreamt of comes true.

His daddy and Aunty Irene will get married soon. Who knows he can make the difference?
 

.....
 

The last person you expected to show up at your doorstep. 

Instantly, you kneel down to his height hugging your son tightly. Finally, you got to meet Jihoon again. Nothing can distract you anymore as you cradle your son lovingly.

"I miss you so much Jihoonie..." With hands circling around your neck, the little boy peck your cheek then shyly smile.

"Me too. I miss you soooo much, teacher!" The mother and son continue to stare at each other eyes for a while.

"Ohok!" Someone happen to fake a cough.

You look up to an awkward Sehun, with his hands in his pockets and eyes trying to avoid any eye contact.

"Oh right! Teacher, let's go to picnic with us?"

.....
 

Jihoon, for the first time ever got to know how's a perfect family means. Sitting by the beach, having his daddy and teacher together for the picnic is a best thing ever. Sandwich, banana milk, chocolate cake, kimbap, he's eyes shines seeing all his favourite food at one place.

"Isn't it fun having picnic like this? Hm, teacher? Daddy?" He had to make you and Sehun talk because apparently they are too awkward.

"Y-yes, of course."

"Then, we should do this often!" Both you and Sehun look at Jihoon in suprise. Sehun didn't say anything but you can tell he didn't like the idea at all.

Don't want to let Jihoon down, Sehun and you just play along. Today, you pamper your only baby boy as much as you can. You wouldn't be able to meet him everyday anymore. Jihoon really have one of the best day. He wishes the day never ends.

Seeing you for the first time in two month, Sehun notice that you seem brighter than always. You're not holding yourself back from laughing and smiling.
He stares at you and Jihoon flying the kite.

Your smile today, is the same smile that made his heart fluttered.

His heart skipped a beat making him turn his gaze away from you as he rubs his face. This is not right.

"Daddy, can I play with those kids?" With his right hand pointing towards a group of children, Jihoon wait for his father approval with a giddy smile.

"Alright. Be nice okay!?" As soon as Sehun grant him the permission, the boy already sprinting towards the kids. Sehun could only chuckle.

Now that he is alone with you, it felt weird. Neither of you talk. Sehun take a bold move to turn and set his eyes directly at you. You are just sitting near him staring at the blue ocean without any visible emotion.

"You know, your eyes always making me fall for you everytime."

He blinked his eyes, suprised that a random memory popped out of nowhere. Undeniably, you do have a set of eyes that seems to hold all the courage and hope you always present to everybody. Her eyes could make him weak with just glance. However, the current set of eyes didn't quite have the same feeling it used to be. This time it is filled in with...

Sadness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter