°CHAPTER 27°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER 27[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]15 AUGUST 2018[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Jongin has started working at his family's company, learning everything from scratch. Busy with his responsibilities, he often finds himself staring at Oh Corp across the street. It's been a while since he met Sehun, and their friendship has become a bit strained. Jongin doesn't want to lose his precious friend, but he also can't accept the way Sehun treats you, which makes him really angry.

One afternoon, he decides to pay a visit to Oh Corp, only to find out that Sehun hasn't been there for about a week. His friend is acting weird, cooped up in his house and ignoring all company matters. Jongin starts to feel bothered, recalling how Sehun behaved similarly five years ago. If it weren't for Baekhyun and him forcing Sehun, the guy would have rotted away in his house.

"Have you checked on him?" Baekhyun clicked his tongue and sighed. "I did," he continued, going through documents on the table. "He was like the usual, didn't talk much, no expressions. I really don't know what's wrong. What's getting me worried is he looks quite haggard." He recalled how the youngest of the three looked so pale and lifeless. All his words of advice were ignored, so he let him be, as nothing seemed really serious for now, according to the doctor.

Jihoon didn't even have a comment about his father; the boy remained obedient all the time.

Jongin later went to check up on Sehun, only to find the guy still sleeping in his bed. Jihoon came to peek into the room with him, wearing a pouty look.

"Uncle... Daddy has changed since he's back from the hospital. Why won't he play with me anymore? He keeps getting distracted whenever I talk to him. And he's always out at night too." Jongin wondered what Sehun was doing. He didn't attend the office but went out at night. He just hoped Sehun wouldn't go drinking every day. He was still recovering from the injuries; alcohol would not be beneficial.

"Can you help Daddy, Uncle? He's been missing Mommy so much; he calls her name in his sleep every night." Jihoon looked so sad, then he looked down and slowly whispered how he missed his mother too.

Sehun might be at fault for leaving you. Nevertheless, it would be cruel for Jongin to seize the chance for Jihoon to have a perfect family. He's just a child.

..... 

Day 33

"A bouquet of violets lies on your doorstep, a daily ritual. Retrieving the card, you ponder the daily message.

"I couldn't tell you if I loved you the first time I saw you, or if it was the second, third, or fourth. Yet, every moment with you makes the rest of the world vanish. I hate myself for forgetting, for I can only love you."

You remain motionless, lost in words. Why does he write this every day?

"Jae?" Jongin arrives, noticing the flowers in your hands. Without a word, you discard them.

"Let's go," he suggests, but your actions suggest a reluctance to discuss it. Jaein adores flowers, yet the giver is always Sehun. Is this where he spends every night? Jongin scans the surroundings for a glimpse of his friend.

"You mentioned taking me somewhere. Where is it?" You sound excited, while Jongin, feeling an unexpected unease, becomes awkward.

Throughout their journey to the restaurant, Jongin remains silent, distracted while you excitedly browse the menu, chatting animatedly.

"Jae, have you talked to Sehun?" he inquires, causing you to halt, annoyance evident in your gaze.

"Please don't bring him up."

"I just—"

You slam the table, drawing attention. "No! Don't mention him, or I'll disappear. I'm giving you a chance, but I can't confirm my feelings yet." The confession stuns Jongin; the opportunity he thought impossible is now within reach. He wishes he could be selfish, but guilt eats at him.

You grin, oblivious to his inner turmoil.


......... 

After he got discharge, Sehun is taking his rest as advised. He did go went out to see you and stuffs but its not as if he did it to the point of exhaustion. What concerns him now that he started to get headaches everyday. Today, he took painkiller again and lay down because he is on tip of his conciousness. It is in the matter of time he has to pick up Jihoon from school though.

 

Jihoon. He knows he been unattenti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter