°MEMORY 6°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] MEMORY 6 [/CONTENTID1] 
 

[CONTENTID2] I Hate You [/CONTENTID2] 

[CONTENTID3]

6 years old

He is Oh Sehun, the only child. His family consist of my father, mother and him. Sehun is a very happy child because his parents spoiled him in so many ways. They spent a lot of time together going to places, watching movies, playing games, everything was perfect for a life of a 6 years old. Every night, his parents would sent him to sleep after reading storybooks together. At one point, he can't fall asleep without at least one bedtime story. When he wake up the next day, his parents will happily greet good morning to each other and then have a breakfast together before his father head to work and Sehun go to school.

It is a perfect life.

7 years old

It was the first time he saw them fight, his parents. As a child, Sehun is scared seeing parents screaming at each other face. It was so loud, he can still hear even after he closed my ears and hide in a closet. What will happen after this? Will they reconcile and read him a bedtime story or sing him a lullaby tonight? Even it is dark and hot inside the closet, Sehun did not dare to go out that. It feels like forever, and he somehow fell asleep. Later, he was awake when his mom carried him in her arms, putting him to bed.

"Mummy?" He rubbed his eyes to see clearly. She replied with a hum, looking at him affectionately. The boy were put on the bed and his mom pulled the blanket over him. She then hum him a lullaby to lul him to sleep, but he can't fall asleep now as he still worried about the fight.

"Where is daddy? Isn't he going to read me a storybook tonight?" His mother smile at him. Thank god, she smiled. This means the fight is not that bad.

"Ah, he got things to do at the office. It's urgent so he can't be home now."

"Really? Is it not because of the fight?" His mother scoots closer, pulling him into her arms.

"Yes. It's fine now."

"Why did mummy and daddy fight?" He blurted out, she is not seem to be affected by it though.

"Well, adults fight sometimes when we have different opinions." Life as an adult is definitely complicated. It's scary they can say hurtful words to each other then pretend its nothing. He could not believe that it really end there.

The next day though, dad really do come home and interact with mom like usual. Then, he read stories before putting him to sleep. Sehun felt relieved that his worries are proven false. When he wake up the next day his parents still greet him cheerfully. There is really nothing to worry about. Everything is fine.

 

9 years old

He believed he had a happy family till he learn to see the crack in my parents' marriage.

Sometimes they ignore each other presence. He acts as an intermediary between the two because neither them want to talk directly. It was frustrating at first, but he become way used at it that it didn't matter to him. As long as his parents are here its fine. He believe they are going to reconcile anyways.

Still,

The fight never ends. Neither of them can stand each other presence. Until one time they did not bother to pretend in front of him anymore. They lashed harsh words at each other like they really mean it. Sehun just shrunk into his seat, have no more apetite to continue his dinner when his parents is fighting right in front of him. One argument after another and it keeps going as if he did not exist in the room. He didn't dare to say anything. What would he say anyways? He just sat there until one of his parents strucked a bowl on the table out of anger that it broke. The shards went everywhere and one even land a slit on his left cheek.

A warm liquid trickles down his face, left him frozen in his seat. He thought that his parents would finally turn to check on him. Instead, they continue to fight.

From that day, fighting is a common occurence between his parents. 

From that day too Oh Sehun becomes a quiet child. He would stay in his room reading and studying so he could ignore the outer world and be peaceful by himself.

It is the best as he would not be hurt if he is all alone.

11 years old

"You are the only one who thinks he likes doing it! Stop forcing our child!" Sehun just arrived home from his piano class. The fact that he has no interest in piano causes that 2 hour lesson become an extreme toture. He is already exhausted as it is and now he has to face another fruitless banter from his parents.

 

"When did I force him?! He willingly go to the class! He had never once complaint to me." The boy stops in front of his parents' room, he just listen to them mindlessly. The other day he did complained to his father about the piano lesson. He did not like it one bit, but since his mother insist that it is necessary for his development he obliged without rumble. Mother can get scary when she's mad.

"Of course he won't, you always set everything according to your preference. You never asked his opinion and always said that that is the best for him!" Mrs. Oh scoffed, he could not believe what her husband just said.

"Oh so I am not doing the best for him then?!"

"No, not until you realize how much of a control freak you are! You can force me into this marriage, but you can't keep forcing my son to do things he don't want!"

"When did I force you? You willingly signed the contract? Or did I dreamed that?!" The woman laugh almost sinister

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter