°MEMORY 9°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] MEMORY 9 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Hope [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] Sehun stared at the invitation card in his hand, a sense of tension and unease washing over him. It had been a long time since he took a break from work, and this was the first social gathering invitation he had received in a while. He had initially accepted it out of respect, given that he was doing business with the person hosting the event. However, now he found himself feeling apprehensive.

The idea of being surrounded by a crowd of people didn't sit well with him. He lacked the confidence to face them, especially after the recent turmoil in his personal life. Sehun was torn between fulfilling his commitment and the anxiety that was building up inside him.

"Are you okay?" Irene asked as she took a seat in front of Sehun, placing a mug of coffee on the table. She could clearly see the anxiety in his demeanor, how he was breaking into a cold sweat over a simple invitation. Sehun looked up from the card, not saying a word, but his expression spoke volumes.

"I can accompany you, if you'd like," Irene offered, a hint of concern in her voice.

"Can you?" Sehun practically burst out in desperation. He was grateful for any help he could get at this point. Until when he is going to stay coop up in the house, avoiding people. He is a businessman, the job needs him to constantly meet people.

"Sure, if you want me to." Irene giggles, she would be more than happy to help Sehun.

....

Sehun sat in the car, nervously heading to the ceremony. His anxiety was palpable, and he couldn't stop himself from biting his nails in a futile attempt to calm his nerves. He had been rehearsing what to say in his head repeatedly, but it seemed like nothing could ease his fear.

Suddenly, Irene gently pulled his hand away from his mouth, drawing his attention to her. Her reassuring words finally broke through his anxiety. "You don't need to worry. Just go and talk like we practiced," she said with a warm smile.

"But—" Sehun began to protest, but Irene quickly extended her hand for a handshake, redirecting his focus. "Hello, Mr. Oh. How are you today?" she asked.

Sehun hesitated for a moment before shaking her hand and stammering, "H-hello. I'm good!"

Irene chuckled at his response, which left him slightly offended, and then she patted his tense shoulders and gently lifted the corners of his lips. Her face was now just inches away from his.

"Relax a bit. Don't forget to smile. I know you can do it," she whispered, leaving him breathless and a little more at ease.

....

"Mr. Oh, I have a question, although it might be a bit off-topic," Mr. Smith began, causing Sehun to tense up in anticipation. What was he going to ask? Sehun continued to fiddle with his fingers under the table, his anxiety mounting.

"What is it, Mr. Smith? Feel free to ask; I don't mind," Sehun replied, trying his best to maintain a calm exterior even though he was clearly flustered.

"I heard that you haven't been doing well since your divorce, and that's why you've been on an extended break. Is that true?" Mr. Smith inquired. Sehun's heart sank at the question, and he struggled to find the right words.

Before Sehun could respond, Irene stepped in, answering for him. "Where did you hear that from, Mr. Smith? Sehun has been doing quite well. He took a break to look after his toddler," she stated firmly, placing her hand over Sehun's as a sign of support.

Mr. Smith seemed apologetic as he said, "I'm sorry if I've touched on a sensitive topic. Well, we are in business together, and I felt it was important to clarify this matter since there have been rumors circulating."

Sehun managed to assure Mr. Smith that his personal matters wouldn't affect his professional performance, and the conversation eventually moved on to other topics.

Sehun's journey through depression and his recovery, with Irene's unwavering support, had indeed been a transformative experience. With her by his side, he found the strength to overcome his personal struggles and regain his confidence. Irene became his guiding star, illuminating his path and helping him navigate through the darkest times.

As a result of their shared experiences and the love they had for each other, Sehun was not only able to recover from depression but also regain his footing in managing his business. He learned to trust someone wholeheartedly and allow Irene to lead him when needed. Their bond had grown stronger through adversity, and Sehun swear he would not let this woman go. He want to give her the best.

 

"Marry me?" Sehun's unexpected proposal left Irene momentarily speechless. She didn't know how to react to this sudden and heartfelt declaration.

"What?" Her initial response seemed to catch Sehun off guard, making him hesitate. He wondered if he had misread the situation or if his proposal was too much for her to handle.

"No, I mean..." Irene quickly tried to clarify her response. "If it's okay with you? Are you really ready?" She knew better than anyone the challenges and complexities of their past year together. She had her own share of difficult past relationships, and the idea of rushing their two-year relationship to the next level left her feeling a bit anxious.

Sehun's eyes shone with sincerity as he responded, "Yes! I am serious. I know you're the perfect one for me. I appreciate everything you've done for me in the past year. You've made me incredibly happy, and I want to do the same for you. So, I'm asking for a chance to be with you for the rest of my life. Can I?" His heartfelt words hung in the air, waiting for Irene's response.

"You like me that much do you?" The female couldn't co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter