°CHAPTER 11°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 11[/CONTENTID1] 

[CONTENTID2]  4 April 2018 [/CONTENTID2] 

 

[CONTENTID3] "Any update?"
 

"He's still stopping by the woman's apartment today, miss."
 

"What is he doing there, again?" Irene said. More like mumbling to herself.
 

"I don't know, miss. He just stayed in his car. I don't see the woman nearby neither." Irene bit her lips deep in thought. To say she is jealous is an understatement, she is more of insecure. Since the day Irene met you at the hospital, she been keeping tabs on Sehun's activities and whereabouts. Call her possessive, she don't care. No one would let their lovers near their ex.

She's not afraid of Jaein. Not at all. But, just in case, she would be a step ahead from her at least. It seems like her verbal warning didn't shake her off Sehun. You are really asking for it to be honest.

"Can't you...Do something to her?" Irene ponder for a second whether it is a right decision. "Just to shake her off...Don't be too harsh." The guy hummed before ending the call.

 

Irene then try to call Sehun but it didn't get through. Furiously, she screeched annoyingly.

Sehun always ignore her calls. It started right after he returned to Korea. He even barely spent time for her. As his fiance, Irene feel really aggravated by his act. What if she's really in need of him and he didn't pick up the call? Grabbing her car keys, Irene decide to go meet him herself.
 

.....

 

You rarely out at night. Tonight is an exception, as you out of your toothpaste somehow. Being a particular person about hygiene, you drop by a 24 hours convinience store to buy one.

Something is feeling quite eerie today though, like the feeling someone's following you. You fasten your step as the uneasiness rises.

"Jae! Get in!" You just about to ran off. Seeing Jongin's car you immediately get in without hesitation. "Go! Go!" Your bestfriend give you a weird look.

"Are you okay? You look pale." He stepped on the gas nonetheless.

You catch your breath before answering him. "There's someone following me, I'm sure there's someone, I heard footsteps." You turn around, just in case he is still there. Jongin check his side mirror for any figure. There's none.

"Really? Thank god, I'm here. You shouldn't go out alone at night next time. It's quite dangerous, especially at this hour!" You just nod already accustomed to Jongin's nagging.

"Why you here anyways?"

"Me? I'm want to check up on you. Since, my best friend right here don't bother to message or call me..." He complained.
 

"It' s quite late though. You will bother my beauty sleep." Jongin snickered. Actually, he is quite suprised that you cracked a joke. "Celebrity life, what to do~ look I still have my makeup on." He points at his face. "My schedule ended late." The model poses his killing pose trying to impress you. You seem to loosen up more now and seems more carefree around him these days. It feels good to spent time with each other like back then.

"Hey, pay attention to the road ahead! You're driving!" You patted him softly and he just smile as he look to the front.

At least, there's progress. He believe that the old Jaein is still there. He just need to wake her up.

....

"Here, for you." Both of you arrived at your home and Jongin hand you a paperbag. You took it and sat on the couch.

"What's this?" You look at your friend for answer. It feels illegal to get presents all of sudden, its not even your birthday.

"Look inside, you will love it." At that, you look inside. At first, you thought it was bunch of books, until you see the covers.

It is set of albums from a K-pop group. You look at Jongin in confusion.

"What? It's EXO. You loved them right? You said you are their biggest fan." Ah right. EXO.

You stanned them since high school, bought albums, went to concerts and fansigns with the three guys. It's amusing that you once have something you are so passionate about and forget the entirety of it. From the point your life turned into a living hell, you have not check up on them at all and eventually forgot they exist. You don't even regonize their faces on the cover until you look properly. It's like opening a box of memories, you feel excited all of sudden.

"I worked with them a lot, so I am kind of close to them." Jongin pull one of the albums then turn to pages with Exo's autographs. "They been giving their albums to me every comeback. I told them that my bestfriend is a big fan too, so they been giving it me extra albums for you too since! With autographs and your name, you see?!" Jongin look so proud of himself, as he smiles like a kid who just won a contest. He been collecting those albums for years and wishing to give to you once the two of you meet again. Recently, the group released a new album and he got the new ones. Then he remembered you were a fanatic fan of them.

"T-thank you so much, Jongin!" You pull another album and gasped. "Oh my god, Hyunbaek look so hot in this jacket!" You gasped.

"Don't mess up my tempo? What an album name! What bad-boy biker concept is this?!" You continue go through the photobooks one by one, squealing everytime you turn to the next page. 

In Jongin eyes, you are shining right now. He sat by your side eyeing you quietly. Just as he expected, you never changed. You are just lost. In need of someone to help you get back up.

"Good that you still like them, I can get more if you want." If this little things would make you smile, then he will give more and more.

 

"Well, I didn't thought I would feel this happy seeing stuffs from them again....but, wow..." You out of words to say. Feeling too overwhelmed, you teared up.

What you been doing all these years? You really miss the joy of life.

Jongin gently embraces you, pulling you close, and starts to rub your back. The atmosphere was serene, with only the muffled sound of your sobbing, concealed within the comfort of his arms. You allow yourself the time to release your emotions, taking a moment to cry. As you finally pull away, Jongin gently wipes away your tears. He remains silent, which makes you feel somewhat embarrassed for showing such vulnerability.

"I thought I made you happy, why are you crying?" You look up to see Jongin pained face. It made you chuckled.

"I don't know. I-I am just too happy I guess?" you say, managing a smile, but new tears begin to stream down your cheeks once again. With that, Jongin cupped your face while clicking his tongue.

"Jaein, I don't like seeing you cry," he utters, using your full name, a rare occurrence that sends tingles through you. His voice is low and filled with concern as he gazes deeply into your eyes.

"But, please continue to smile like that, I love it."

 

...

 

Sehun just done showering. Pulling of a towel from the rack, he dry his body then proceed to wrap the towel around his waist. He exits the bathroom and came across his fiance who is sitting on the corner of his bed.

"What are you doing here?" Irene make a face at his statement. It sounded as she is not welcomed to be here.

"I'm your soon to be wife. Is it wrong for me to come and visit you?" Her fiance heave a sigh as he entered his closet. "It's not like that, Irene. I didn't expect you to come now." Eventhough his voice was soft, it still could be heard from outside the closet.

"Then tell me when do you expect me? I seriously d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter