Chapter 23 - Confession

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Supp, another long chapter, this time not background music, it's something else. Let's dive into it, shall we

 

 

Seulgi figured Seungwan's crush toward Joohyun from the interaction between the two.

 

Their interaction was something that Seulgi never saw before.

 

Joohyun would brighten up whenever she saw Seungwan. The two of them could talk about anything and everything. They took care of each other. During the trip, the dynamics between the two was even more distinct. Joohyun helped Seungwan to keep all the small items which Seungwan could easily lose and Seungwan helped Joohyun with her poor sense of direction.

 

The fondness when they talked to each other.

 

The inside joke only known by the two of them.

 

The relationship they shared was way more intimate than platonic friendship.

 

They were Seulgi's OTP.

 

Seulgi thrived to be like them.

 

It broke Seulgi's heart when Seungwan told her Joohyun rejected her. She wanted to know what went wrong between them. Though they weren't talking for two weeks, and then they went back to normal eventually, so Seulgi thought they were just fighting.

 

After Joohyun left to Japan, she wouldn't dare to bring up Joohyun's name because Seungwan was too wrecked.

 

It was as if Seungwan changed to a totally different person.

 

Always studying.

 

Busied her with more school activities.

 

And then, went back home right away.

 

They still talked but Seungwan acted so distant.

 

But never, once, told Seulgi about what happened.

 

Always excused herself from the outing.

 

Seungwan was so closed off.

 

Her friend who was so open chose to keep it all to herself.

 

Bottled it all up.

 

Seungwan built a wall around her, not wanting anyone to come close.

 

Not letting anyone in.

 

Seungwan locked her heart up.

 

Seungwan was there but wasn't.

 

Seulgi wanted to help but didn't know how.

 

Seulgi wouldn't rub salt into Seungwan's wound, and pretended not knowing anything happened between Joohyun and Seungwan. And then, Seungwan got into the accident. It was Yerim's idea to keep Joohyun in the dark, not letting her knew Seungwan's condition.

 

"Seulgi unnie." Before Seulgi walked into the ward, Yerim called out her, reaching out to hold her wrist.

 

Seulgi turned around with a confused expression.

 

"Don't tell Seungwan unnie about Irene. Don't tell Irene that Seungwan unnie lost her memory."

 

Seulgi wasn't sure if it was a good idea at all.

 

"She had suffered enough, don't you think?" Yeri sighed while saying that, though the anger in her eyes was overflowing.

 

Seulgi hesitantly nodded to Yerim's words, couldn't agree more.

 

But, was it the right thing to do?

 

Seulgi didn't know.

 

But, she was there to see Seungwan changed.

 

To someone whom Seulgi couldn't recognise.

 

Yerim was right.

 

Seungwan suffered enough.

 

If it was meant to mend Seungwan's broken heart.

 

Seulgi would do it.

 

Even if it was wrong in the first place.

 

Seulgi just wanted to hang the most radiant smile back on Seungwan's face.

 

To have Seungwan, coming back to Seulgi.

 

The happy go lucky Seungwan whom Seulgi loved.

 

 

Joohyun stood there, registering the question asked by Seulgi.

 

"Why didn't you accept Seungwan when she confessed?"

 

The very question which Joohyun hadn't stopped asking herself to.

 

For these past few years.

 

Mustering her courage to tell Seulgi the truth.

 

"When Seungwan confessed to me, I thought I never had feelings for her. But when she confessed the second time, I only realized my feelings toward Seungwan. But I was so scared, like you did when you realized your feelings toward Joy. I was so afraid of what others would think of me. How could I tell my mum that her elder daughter is having feeling toward another girl. So, I denied it. I thought it was a just a phase, it would eventually fade away."

 

But, it didn't.

 

Joohyun didn't need to say it out loud for Seulgi to hear it.

 

Seulgi was dense but not super oblivious.

 

Upon sharing all these buried feeling to someone, the burden Joohyun was carrying over the years was lightened.

 

Hearing Joohyun's confession, Seulgi heard nothing but regret, she could only nod as a response. Seulgi was never good with words, but she thought of the questions asked by Seungwan, curious about the answer given by Joohyun.

 

"Unnie, answer the following questions, will you?"

 

Joohyun ushered Seulgi to continue.

 

"When you are with Seungwan, do you feel this pure bliss, like you could never get enough of it?"

 

Joohyun nodded.

 

"When you look into Seungwan's eyes, do you feel like everything is gonna be fine, as long as she is there with you?

 

Another nod.

 

"And you would do anything for Seungwan because you think she deserves everything in the world?"

 

Joohyun nodded.

 

"Seulgi, answer my questions." Seungwan stood in front of her friend, starting to throw question.

 

"When you are with Joy, do you feel a pure bliss, like you could never get enough of it?"

 

Seulgi nodded without hesitance.

 

"When you look into Joy's eyes, do you feel like everything is gonna be fine, as long as she is here with you?"

 

Another nod.

 

"And you would do anything for Joy because you think she deserves everything in the world?"

 

Seulgi nodded nevertheless, though she still didn't know why her friend was asking her all these.

 

"It's hard to live alone in a harsh world like this, Seulgi. And obviously, you are lucky enough to find someone who make it bearable. So, why, on earth, do you care what others may think of you, when you know everything is gonna be alright with her by your side."

 

Seulgi widened her eyes at what her friend said to her.

 

"You are in love with her, not others. The others' opinion shouldn't be a factor between you two. Seulgi."

 

Seungwan was earnest.

 

Seulgi wondered did Seungwan feel this too when she was with Joohyun.

 

Seulgi still remembered Seungwan's words till now, she would never forget it actually.

 

Seungwan's questions were Seulgi's anchor.

 

Giving Seulgi courage to pursue her happiness.

 

Not to bother people's opinions on Joy and her.

 

Those people shouldn't come between Joy and her.

 

Now, she hoped it would help Joohyun and Seungwan too.

 

"Unnie, it doesn't matter what others will think of us. It's our love, anyway."

 

Joohyun widened her eyes at such wise words coming out from the crying baby.

 

Also impressed.

 

With Seulgi's words, Joohyun was more certain.

 

Seungwan would always worth it.

 

"Are you guys done? Let's go to Chloe's house." Joy sneaked from Seulgi's back, wrapping her hands around the bear, big-spooning Seulgi, wanted to prank her girlfriend.

 

Seulgi giggled while Joy's breath tickled her ears. She nestled her head against her girlfriend's crook of neck, slapping her girlfriend's arm resting on her stomach. "You scared me."

 

The cringey couple didn't really notice (or couldn't care less) Joohyun who stood beside them. They were just separated within 1 hour. (45 minutes top)

 

", just how many you bought?" Joy exclaimed at what she saw in the cart.

 

There were already 4 types of alcohol: tequila, beer, vodka and soju. They took several bottles for the other three, though the beer had the most bottles, of course.

 

"I'm not looking after you if you are going to be drunk again." Joy grunted, was absolutely horrified to take a drunken bear.

 

She loved Seulgi.

 

But drunken Seulgi was a different story.

 

Seulgi started to argue with her girlfriend.

 

Whining like a baby, to be exact.

 

Wendy was there to save Joohyun from the loving (disgusting) squabble from the love birds.

 

"Let's go, I don't wanna die from diabetes." Wendy grabbed Irene's hand and slowly dragged her girlfriend away from the bickering couple, pushing the other cart full of snacks.

 

"I think they're cute." Joohyun chuckled while being dragged away from the aisle.

 

Joohyun loosened their grip, entangled her arm around Seungwan's arm, plopping her head on Seungwan's shoulder, lazily said. "We should be like them."

 

It sounded like an aegyo to Wendy.

 

And, Wendy thought it was very cute.

 

Wendy's knee was going weak, mushy.

 

Who could resist a fluffy bunny? (Though Joohyun was a human, you get the reference.)

 

But, they were in the public. Wendy didn't want them to be those cringe-worthy couple.

 

Wendy was dazed by the sudden affection from Joohyun, went agape, not knowing how to react to her girlfriend.

 

Joohyun, then, brought her hand up to close her girlfriend's mouth while giggling at her girlfriend's shyness.

 

Knowing Seungwan wanted to keep certain part of their relationship private.

 

As it was too intimate to share it to the world.

 

But, Joohyun enjoyed the face on her girlfriend now.

 

A rare sight of muted Seungwan with her cheek painted in red.

 

Dragging her stunned girlfriend to the cashier and the other two finally resolved the arguement, came and joined them. The two couple settled the bill in the cashier and travelled to Chloe's house. 

 

The preparation went smoothly as there were so many of them. They prepared the food in the kitchen. Wendy was in charged of marinating the meat, as she was the most experienced cook in the team. Chloe was the Sous-chef, helping to chop the vegetable, making salad.

 

Saying Beca's house was modest was an understatement, it was magnificient. It was a penthouse, for god's sake.

 

It was a two-floor apartment and this indicated more space and room. The design in the penthouse was so modern. They could see the view in Seoul city from french window with white curtain. The living room was painted in black, while the furniture was all in white, causing the contrast to be more stood out.

 

Apparently, Beca's parents were university's lecturer. They were invited to America for a conference, hence Beca was alone for the weekend, not wanting to stay home doing nothing. She hosted a party, invited the whole volleyball team over.

 

As there were enough rooms for everyone, hence Beca declared no one was going home tonight. But, Joohyun didn't bring extra cloth and Seungwan was smart enough to bring extra for her. Now, she understood the small luggage Seungwan took out from the trunk while they arrived at Beca's apartment.

 

Beca, being a really nice host, was now giving a tour to Joohyun, showing her around. Joohyun found out Beca not only knew how to play several instruments, even producing her own song, doing gig in clubs and bar. This explained the expensive equipment in the room.

 

Which Beca insisted she bought it herself.

 

Not from her parents.

 

They were, now, at Beca's music room. Seulgi and Joy were busy playing Beca's instruments, more like creating sound pollution. Anyway, Beca revealed to Joohyun that Seungwan would collaborate with Beca. Sometimes, she played the guitar and Seungwan would sing or vice versa.

 

Joy and Seulgi being their top fans, couldn't stop gushing how good they were, they should probably debut as a group. Joohyun knew Seungwan's gifted talent in singing, but during highschool, Seungwan was too self-conscious to share with others her hobby. Joohyun was lucky once and she caught Seungwan belting out her favourite song in meeting room where everybody left.

 

Of course, Seungwan thought she was alone.

 

And, it was magnificent.

 

The powerful high note which Seungwan could sing without much effort.

 

And the silkiness of Seungwan's voice was even more prominent without the music.

 

Joohyun asked whether Beca could sing it later during the party.

 

"We all know you don't wanna hear my voice." Beca nudged Joohyun's arm, teasing the bunny with a smug smirk.

 

A splash of pink spread across Joohyun's face while hearing that.

 

Beca was wrong.

 

Okay, maybe half-correct, she wanted to hear Beca's voice too.

 

Though, her main interest was someone else.

 

"Dude, why are we doing the hard work here, while you all get to chill in the room." Wendy crossed her arm, leaning against the door, voicing out her frustration after finishing the marination.

 

"It's because you don't trust our cooking skill and shoo us away." Joy rolled her eyes, meanwhile still fixating her focus in the piano, while Seulgi was teaching her which the note symbol was representing the piano key.

 

"Beca! I didn't know how to use the oven." Chloe's voice screeched through.

 

"Coming." Beca shouted back and left the room.

 

"You done with the marinating?" Joohyun walked toward her girlfriend.

 

"We need to wait at least two hours to let meat absorb the flavour and also tenderize the meat."

 

"Beca told me you sing." Joohyun stretched out her hand to cradle Seungwan's face, beaming a proud smile toward her talented girlfriend.

 

"Occasionally." Wendy wanted to sound nonchalant, but apparently the love dripping from Irene's eyes was too much for Wendy to handle.

 

Wendy didn't know what came over Irene, continuously showering her with love.

 

Wendy loved it, of course.

 

But, Wendy should be the one who did the work, obviously.

 

Making Irene flustered.

 

Now, the role was reversed.

 

And it seemed like Wendy was losing...

 

"Holy, are you blushing?" Seulgi widened her eyes at what she saw.

 

Seeing the unfamiliar speck of red painted on Seungwan's face.

 

Seulgi found it cute to be honest, but apparently her girlfriend who was learning the piano wouldn't let it go.

 

"Aww, our Seungwan is shy when her girlfriend showers her with love." Joy smirked while continued her lesson.

 

But, she wasn't improving.

 

Damn, why was piano so hard.

 

Wendy rolled her eyes at the teasing, wanting to leave the room and got some fresh air.

 

"I need to pee." Wendy coughed into her hand, to keep her composure and excused herself to the toilet.

 

She just went to toilet before coming to the room, actually.

 

To find her girlfriend.

 

"Unnie, please do it more often. She deserved it." Joy laughed at the flustered Seungwan, waggling her eyebrows playfully to Joohyun.

 

Joohyun shook her head with a chuckle, then went after her sheepish girlfriend.

 

Now, they had just put the marinated meat into the oven which Joohyun insisted on helping Seungwan since Seungwan complained no one was helping just now.

 

And, Wendy wasn't complaining about her girlfriend.

 

She was complaining about the host and the other lazy bugs.

 

So, Joohyun helped Seungwan to put the marinated meat on the plate.

 

And got the plate into the oven.

 

Set the oven over 375°F for 1 hour.

 

Which could be easily done by one person.

 

With Seungwan standing beside her, teaching her.

 

 Step. by. step.

 

And the rest of the group couldn't dare to disturb the one-on-one personal lesson on how to precisely put meat on the plate.

 

"God, were they were like this, back in highschool?" Beca gestured toward the kitchen, as she just sneaked a bottle of beer out of her refrigerator, not to disrupt the couple's bubble.

 

Yes, in her own house. From her own refrigerator.

 

Joy who was plopping her head using her elbow, watching the movie on the tv, quickly put a hand up to emphasize her point. "Oh, it was even worse."

 

Beca scrunched up her face out of disgust, what she saw in the kitchen was the most cringiest she had ever seen, couldn't imagine back then.

 

And, didn't want to know.

 

"Be nice, I think they are cute." Chloe slapped her girlfriend's arm while snuggling into her girlfriend.

 

"When are the others arriving? the dinner should be done within 1 hour." The couple finally finished their class, coming out to the living room, joining the group.

 

"They are all coming now, should be arriving in any minute." Chloe just texted the group to ask the rest. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter