Chapter 29 - Date

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun stubbornly kept her eyes close, wanting to stay in slumber. She turned around, wanting to snuggle her human pillow, only then to feel nothing beside her. She opened her eyes immediately, waking up to find she was, in fact, being left in the room.

 

Joohyun blearily opened the door as she stifled a yawn, rubbing her eyes while walking down the stairs and found her human pillow was sitting on the couch, drinking a glass of yellowish drink.

 

Joohyun was too sleepy to distinguish the TV programme via the sound.

 

She heard someone laughing, her peripheral vision blurly made out that the people's face was smashed with a plate full of white cream.

 

She settled beside her human pillow, wrapping her arm around the pillow, snuggling her head to Seungwan's crook of neck, whining.

 

"You left me in the bed." A yawn slipped out while she said that. "Alone."

 

Wendy chuckled as her girlfriend's lips jutted out, pressing against her neck.

 

Wendy, then, tilted her head, leaning forward, greeting her love. "Good morning."

 

Pressing her lips to the lips of grumpy bunny.

 

Kissing the pout away.

 

Joohyun smiled when her pillow's lips fell on hers.

 

Joohyun nipped at Seungwan's lips.

 

A tint of passion fruit.

 

A tint of carrot.

 

"..tasty" Joohyun smiled as she exclaimed the fruity taste on Seungwan's lips.

 

She tasted green apple.

 

And the sour taste from the orange.

 

Whatever juice Seungwan was drinking, she didn't mind to taste all of it.

 

"Ugh, get a room." Yeri grunted as she was welcomed by the disgusting sight at the moment she stepped onto living room.

 

"Morning, Yeri." Joohyun quickly opened her eyes and detached her lips, muttered her greeting.

 

Couldn't be more awake as the embarrassment finally chase the slumber away.

 

"I don't think I have appetite to eat after seeing you two lovebirds acting like this." Yeri settled down beside Wendy, snatching the remote from Wendy's hand, starting to switch the channel.

 

Wendy smirked at her sister's remark, saying. "It's fine. Joohyun and I can eat alone."

 

Joohyun asked Seungwan for the glass of juice, and then took a sip, finding it extremely tasty.

 

Wendy saw her girlfriend just gulped down the remaining of the juices she made, she girlfriend with a chuckle.

 

"Are you thirsty or it's just too tasty to resist?"

 

"The latter." Joohyun beamed.

 

Wendy saw a smear of the juice left on her girlfriend's lips. She used her finger to wipe it off, saying.

 

"Now, who's the clumsy one." Wendy was conscious enough to wipe her girlfriend's lips with tissue.

 

"Do you want another glass? I can make one for you." Wendy stood up, reusing the glass to make another cup for her princess.

 

Joohyun bopped her head excitedly, quickly followed suit, entering the kitchen together.

 

Joohyun took the fruit from the fridge, as ordered by Seungwan, standing aside, watching the fruits were being sliced by Seungwan.

 

Joohyun was correct about the fruit being used.

 

A passion fruit, a quarter stick of carrot, and a quarter of green apple, and half of an orange.

 

"Kim Yerim, come and finish the remaining orange." Wendy called out to Yeri.

 

Yeri, then, was summoned into the kitchen to take the orange, thanking her sister, asking Joohyun.

 

"Joohyun unnie, what do you want to eat?"

 

While Yeri took a bite from the orange.

 

Joohyun watched Seungwan sliced the fruits into small pieces, putting all into the blender, adding a little amount of the water and sprinkled a little salt into it, switching on the blender.

 

Watching the process of the fruit juice being made.

 

She shrugged, having no craving in minds. "Anything is fine."

 

"I'll go and change now." Yeri left to her room after she finished the orange.

 

Joohyun grabbed the chance, quickly wrapped her arm around Seungwan's waist, hugging her girlfriend from the back, resting her head on Seungwan's shoulder.

 

Letting out a sigh of content while feeling Seungwan's warmth.

 

The exact position triggered Wendy to remember something.

 

Apparently, near the end of the senior-junior night, Seungwan and Joohyun were waiting to take a photo in the photo booth as they were same group.

 

Which they weren't, initially.

 

The group was assorted by the suits of the poker card being drawn.

 

They picked a different suit.

 

But Seungwan helped Joohyun to switch her card with an acquaintance of hers, manipulating the result.

 

Just to stay at the same group.

 

As they were waiting their turn to take their 'group' photo.

 

It was getting late, Joohyun could feel her energy draining from the activity and they were about to go for karaoke after this.

 

Joohyun lazily wrapped her arm around Seungwan's back, leaning her head on Seungwan's shoulder, sighing contently at the comfort provided by Seungwan.

 

Feeling her energy being recharged by Seungwan.

 

Seungwan's body stiffed at the sudden contact, feeling Joohyun's sigh of content beside her ear.

 

She couldn't breathe, didn't know what to do.

 

She looked down at the resting hands of Joohyun on her stomach.

 

Her mind screaming incoherently.

 

At least Seungwan wouldn't initiate it.

 

With any friend.

 

Her heart escalated into a beating frenzy.

 

She hoped Joohyun wouldn't figure her hammering heart.

 

Her eyes darted around to observe any gaze threw by anyone at their intimacy.

 

But, people around them didn't seem to mind.

 

And, Joohyun apparently didn't care.

 

Seungwan sighed at herself, knowing Joohyun was just doing it because she felt comfortable with Seungwan.

 

Nothing more.

 

Seungwan was just Joohyun's best friend.

 

And, Joohyun would be the death of Seungwan.

 

They stayed like that until the photographer called for them.

 

"Why did you hug me like that in the senior-junior night?" Wendy asked, wanting to clear her doubt.

 

She had a rough idea of how their interaction was in the past.

 

Joohyun would always initiate skinship.

 

Holding hand, intertwining fingers, giving back hug.

 

She had to admit Joohyun's gesture was, in fact, really ambiguous at the time.

 

No wonder she would overthink their friendship.

 

And, all the affection showered by Joohyun didn't stop after Seungwan came out to her.

 

Of course, it was even more confusing to Seungwan.

 

But, recalling the timeline, Seungwan had yet to confess her feeling to Joohyun.

 

 

Joohyun of course heard the unspoken message in Wendy's question.

 

"When we were just friends."

"When we were supposed to be friends."

 

Joohyun startled at her girlfriend's recalling their night, receding back to look at her girlfriend. "You remembered?"

 

Also noticed the same tone used by Seungwan in the past.

 

Whenever she asked Joohyun the same question.

 

Over and over again.

 

"What are we, Joohyun?"

"Platonic friends don't do something like that."

 

Joohyun was thrown off by the change of composure, boring her eyes at her girlfriend, almost thinking Seungwan was back.

 

Wendy nodded at the question, waiting her girlfriend to answer question.

 

Joohyun figured it was time to tell Seungwan her thought at the time.

 

"That time, I was very fond of you..." Joohyun tried to find a better word to explain her feelings at the time, then quickly correc. 

 

Wendy heard the uneasiness in Joohyun's voice, the effort to calm herself.

 

The courage to tell Seungwan.

 

"I'm still very fond of you."

 

Wendy smiled at the correction, grabbing Joohyun's hand to usher her girlfriend to continue.

 

Joohyun continued. "I didn't know why. You were so nice to me."

 

Joohyun looked at Seungwan when she said that.

 

Wanting Seungwan to know.

 

Seungwan was important to her.

 

"All I know was that I always wanted to be close to you. I didn't overthink it, back then. But now, I guess that's my mind telling my body to express my affection to you?" Joohyun couldn't help to be shy at the confession.

 

Quickly tearing away her gaze, as the warmth spread across her cheek.

 

Wendy flashed a fond smile as she saw the blush on the shy bunny.

 

Wanting to savour the moment.

 

And also not to ruin the moment.


She quickly tilted her girlfriend's head back to facing her.

 

Thinking this was the best way to show her heart to Joohyun.

 

Like the first kiss they shared.

 

Wendy bit down Joohyun's startled squeal.

 

Joohyun was surprised at the kiss, with her eyes widening.

 

A beautiful surprise.

 

She quickly fluttered her eyes shut, feeling herself melting at the kiss.

 

Bringing her hand up to cup Seungwan's face.

 

Feeling Seungwan nibbling her lower lips.

 

Losing themselves in the kiss.

 

Letting each other to feel their heart.

 

Wendy firstly detached their lips, retreating back to look at her girlfriend.

 

She was lucky to find someone she loved.

 

Couldn't ask for more.

 

Joohyun opened her eyes and saw her girlfriend already gazing at her.

 

Her knee got weak at what she saw.

 

Wendy quickly gave a light peck on Joohyun's lips again, whispering.

 

"I'm very fond of you too. Let's go and change before Yeri catch us making out."

 

Wendy threw a wink to her girlfriend after saying that, handing the freshly blended fruit juice to her girlfriend, dragging her girlfriend to leave the kitchen.

 

 

The three were, now, eating at the diner. As the couple entered the diner with holding hands, the waitress wiggled her eyebrows while howling and threw a wink at Wendy and Joohyun.

 

Wendy winked back.

 

Joohyun blushed at the reference.

 

Yeri rolled her eyes at her sister's cheekiness, walking past the two to occupy a table for them.

 

And then, Wendy being the gentlewoman, ushering her girlfriend to enter the table first, sitting beside Yeri. Then, only she settled down.

 

They were sitting on a round table with couch attached with it.

 

Yeri ordered a bolognese pasta, Joohyun was still contemplating what to order as she couldn't take something so heavy in the early morning.

 

"Tomato soup?" Wendy suggested as it was the safest choice as mushroom soup contained too much heavy cream.

 

Knowing her girlfriend's problem in digestion.

 

And habit.

 

Wanting to drink something hot in the morning.

 

Joohyun nodded with a smile.

 

Her heart was warmed at the sweet gesture of her girlfriend.

 

The waitress came and got their order, as Wendy helped the two woman to order. And Wendy got chocolate frenzy herself.

 

How could she resist that?

 

Another favourite dishes in the diner.

 

"Don't you think it's too early to eat that?" Joohyun knitted her eyebrows at her girlfriend's choice.

 

Starting to screen through the menu, wanting to find a breakfast which is lighter.

 

"Right? Unnie. That's what I told her." Yeri chimed in, with her face full of scorn.

 

Obviously judging her sister's choice.

 

Wendy pouted at her girlfriend's comment, whining like a kid.

 

"But, Joohyun, it's been a long time since I ate it."

 

Joohyun was startled at the cuteness thrown at her, getting flustered by the pout, finding her hamster irresistible.

 

Wendy wad surprised at herself too.

 

She didn't know what came over her.

 

Normally, she wouldn't do that since the devil was there.

 

But, the expression on her girlfriend's face was priceless.

 

She needed to get back on the bunny's doing lately.

 

Joohyun's mind went blank, and letting her girlfriend to order whatever she wanted.

 

"Uhh, o-okay."

 

"Yeah." Wendy threw up her hand as celebration, like a kid got the praise from the adult.

 

Yeri glanced at the bunny, smirked and shook her head.

 

"Whipped."

 

 

"How long till your next competition?" Yeri asked as she slurped the pasta into .

 

"Two weeks after Joy's play." Wendy thought while cutting her breakfast.

 

It was a piece of waffle, dripping with chocolate syrup with whipped cream.

 

Other would think there was too much sugar intake in the early morning.

 

But for Wendy, it was heaven.

 

Yeri nodded, diverting the attention to Joohyun unnie.

 

"Unnie, when will you know the result of the competition?"

 

"Seungwan told you?"

 

Joohyun wasn't surprised at Seungwan shared her stuff to Yeri.

 

But, Joohyun was surprised that Yeri asked her about it.

 

This meant Yeri cared.

 

The sisters really knew how to sweep Joohyun off her feet.

 

Two cheesy balls.

 

Melting Joohyun into puddle.

 

Wendy was there to see her girlfriend's expression change, her eyes brightening up at Yeri's question.

 

Knowing what her girlfriend was thinking.

 

She smiled at the exchange between the two women whom she loved the most.

 

Thinking that it couldn't be more perfect like this.

 

All she ever wanted was just to be drown in these simple moments like this.

 

Surrounded by the people whom she loved and the people who loved her.

 

She just sat there and watched her two most favourite women, interacting with each other.

 

Not forgetting her mum, of course.

 

Proding herself with the elbow.

 

Couldn't wait to introduce Joohyun to her mom.

 

Though, she wasn't sure about h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter