Epilogue - Second Chance

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Days, weeks flied in a blink of an eye, for the two. With Joohyun completing her final project, remember her work being sent by Professor Park? It got into the the top 5, however there were other works who were more talented, well-written. No doubt, it was an honour for Joohyun to be part of it, and even being published in the national paper.

 

Oh, there was a section to publish the story from the top 5! Joohyun didn't know who, on earth, read the newspapers nowadays. Well, at least her girlfriend would religiously read it like a bible, no joke, she could quote any dialog in anytime, even cut it down, frame it (right, Seungwan was this extra and Joohyun would never admit she loved it about that hamster.)

 

As for Seungwan, they lost the champion. Seungwan didn't know it was the nerve of her future family-in-law was there to watch, along with her whole family. She blamed it to the banner which was reused, and had a significant moment on previous chapter.

 

Imagine the horror in her face when the stadium was the chanting of the disgusting tagline they made. And also, Fat Amy was there to join in the force with the devilsss, also including Bae Family this time..

 

(I forgot which chapter, so pop quiz for you all, no cheating! which chapter did the banner lastly appear, and what was written on the banner? The one who gets it correct, have nothing in return. ;) )

 

Come on. It was no brainer, cause they barely survived the last match. The only reason they won was because reckless Wendy. And for Seungwan, life would be too perfect if she did win the championship. (That's me being the god of the story, I am fair enough for her to have balance in her life, having BaeJooHyun as a girlfriend is perfect enough.)

 

So, should the team blame on Seungwan falling in back in love with Joohyun? That was some philosophical question to ponder about.

 

Skipping the whole match scene, which Joohyun found herself drooling over sweaty Seungwan, Yeri teasing her favourite unnie of all time. Mrs Kim and Mrs Bae didn't shut up about Seungwan's volleyball skill.

 

Mr Kim and Mr Bae enthusiastically talked about the process of making the banner??? Like what? which Jooyeon barely understood and was bored because of it.

 

The ? oops typo, Jooyeon was different than before. Maybe it was the harsh scolding from Wendy awakened something inside her. She was meek, not as self-centred as before. Did I mention she went home, crying to her boyfriend because of Wendy's outburst?

 

 

"Eric!" Jooyeon bursting through the door, with her make up smearing all over her face.

 

"Honey, what happened?" Eric's eyes horrifically bulged, yet his body quickly moved forward, his arms stretching out to engulf his girlfriend.

 

Then, the poor girl (which I still think she deserves the title) cried hysterically, reciting the whole incident happened in that changing room.

 

 

Anyway, the dinner was fine. With Seungwan was being more nervous than her lost championship, her family meeting Joohyun's family, however it was even more nerve-wracking to meet Jooyeon again.

 

If Jooyeon was someone insignificant, of course Seungwan wouldn't give a . However, as much as she wanted to, that was her future sister-in-law, for god's sake.

 

So, Seungwan it all up and apologized. (That's the character growth I am talking about, which Seungwan has been showing throughout the chapters.)

 

"Jooyeon." Seungwan gulped, her hand sweaty as she approached the same-age friend? were they friends? Her eyes darting anywhere but to address the girl in front of her.

 

"Seungwan?" Jooyeon was as frantic as her, quickly noticing her mistake as she recalled the harsh, loud tone.

 

"Don't call me that!"

 

"Wendy."

 

Seungwan quickly spoke up, her voice full of apology, also grimace all over her face when she saw Jooyeon corrected herself.

 

"Please, call me Seungwan. I came here to say sorry." The breath Seungwan had been holding finally escaped, the guilt she was carrying was slightly relieved, and she didn't wait for any reply.

 

And, the ramble began.

 

"I wasn't myself, I had all the emotions bottled up in me, thinking it was best for me to digest myself which I clearly couldn't and didn't know how. And, you were there. So, I kinda threw it all to you?"

 

Taking a deep breath as she looked into Jooyeon in the eyes.

 

"I'm sorry for the things I said. And, I understand if you want us to only stay acquainted--"

 

"I'm sorry, too." Jooyeon cut off the ramble, glancing up to meet the same-age buddy in the eyes. "For being a . And, I want to get to know you better if the suggestion of our double date is still available?"

 

"Of course, it is. When are you free?"

 

"News flash: Bae Joo Yeon admitted herself as a ." Joohyun who overheard everything came at the right time.

 

To which Jooyeon rolled her eyes, ignoring her elder sister, addressing the question from Seungwan earlier. "I was just finished with my assignment this Wednesday."

 

Oh yes, the dinner. It was heart-warming as you guys pictured, not like Yui and Erza's dinner scene, the false serenity behind the peaceful dinner. No one in the dinner was hiding anything, at least most of them knew the purpose of "getting-to-know-each-other". Only Mr Bae was kept in the dark that it was an official dinner between the girlfriends' family.

 

As in the meantime, Mrs Bae was still working on enlightening her husband to accept same- relationships. It was a working progress which required dedicated education and relentless explanation.

 

With Seungwan sending back Bae family to their car, dying to kiss her bride? girlfriend (your choice to choose), only to muster her courage to hold her girlfriend in the hand. Though their hand been glued together under the table, the whole time.

 

Seungwan couldn't help but blushed as she looked her ethereally beautiful girlfriend. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

 

The doe eyes from the couple, once again, forgot the family was beside them to watch. Mrs Bae and Mrs Kim cooed at the scene, Yeri wanted to throw up the dinner she just had, suppressing the urge to shout at them.

 

"Get a room!"

 

Joohyun nodded meekly, squeezed back the hand, reluctantly letting it go and entered the car.

 

The Romeo and Juliet didn't forget to wave each other goodbye, their eyes didn't want to lose each other, keeping the window opened before their carriage carried them away. 

 

 

"Why do I let you drive my car again?" Seungwan exhaled, her hands clutching the seatbelt, her body stuck to the seat, her eyes couldn't stop checking the side-mirror in every split seconds.

 

She didn't know why she agreed to the suggestion from her girlfriend to celebrate her birthday somewhere else, like a mini get-away. Since the two had been busy with their hectic study and Seungwan had been training for volleyball match again.

 

Joohyun, rolled her eyes, for the hundred time, grumpily mumbled her curse at her overthinking girlfriend.

 

"You said you trust me." She was doing her best to disguise her annoyance.

 

"I trust you, Joohyun but not your driving skill. Remember how you scratch---"

 

muted from spilling the rest of the sentence due to The One glare from her girlfriend.

 

Her hand reaching out, caressing the grip on the steering wheel, knowing the bunny was as nervous as she was, of course even more anxious about this whole idea of driving.

 

"Okay, I'm sorry. You're doing fine."

 

Her magical voice worked as always, diffusing the agitation, adding the formality which her girlfriend loved and always fell for it.

 

"Unnie."

 

Finding that addicting pride fizzling at her stomach, as she watched the unnie blushed and become coy because of the calling.

 

"Judging by how there's no car driving past us, and no honk is heard since we have been on the road."

 

"Shut up. Son Seungwan." Joohyun rolled her eyes at her teasing girlfriend.

 

It was in the middle of nowhere, not far from the fancy, busy Seoul but was quite a rare suburban existed in distinct.

 

When they finally "arrived at the destination", for the first time Seungwan was blessed to hear the sentences from the Waze, hallelujah.

 

Less car, more tree, which mean more refreshing air. Seungwan found herself to take a deep breath at the air, a wide smile curved up as she closed her eyes.

 

Loving any minutes of it, savouring every second of it.

 

God, she felt like going for a jog now. Her calf screaming to relieve the ache to run.

 

"Please don't tell me, you bought a house for me as a present."

 

Joohyun chuckled at her dramatic girlfriend, shaking her head, assuring the overthinking girlfriend, her hand reaching out, wrapping the tiny hand of the hamster.

 

Their hand which had now molded perfectly.

 

"As much as I wish I have the money, but no. Let's go in, shall we?"

 

It was too big for them to explore the whole place first, and Joohyun didn't let her to wander off to the back side, saying they have plenty time to doing that later.

 

"What is this about, Joohyun?"

 

Before Seungwan pushed the door, Seungwan stayed put, turning around to ask her mysterious girlfriend.

 

"You'll know when you open the door."

 

The rare toothy smile hanging on the bunny, mischief all over the eyes, yet with a glimpse of excitement sprinkled on the top of it.

 

The moment Seungwan pushed the door, there were too many things to focus, her jaw dropped to the floor which she almost forgot to pick her jaw up.

 

The mansion was surreal with such huge open area, the expensive chandelier hanging high at the ceiling which Seungwan could never reach no matter how hard she tried.

 

And, the decoration all over the place, helium balloon, the ing banner made its appearance on the wall again. With "Happy 21st Birthday!" below it.

 

A full feast table, ranging from cupcake to finger food.

 

And then, it was the guests threw Seungwan by surprise.

 

It was a full house, with all the ones whom she loved.

 

The 9 highschool seniors whom she started to love.

 

The college volleyball team who had been through every match with her.

 

Kang Seulgi and Park Sooyoung who stayed to know the new her after she lost her memory, putting up to her after getting her memory back, staying when the old her pushed them away.

 

And then, there was her favourite kids of all time, Kim Yerim, holding her favourite cake, looking up at her with the same wide grin she had seen and loved throughout the years.

 

Everyone of them wearing their best outfit, nothing grand but smart. With a similar birthday hat on their head, shouting from the top of their lungs.

 

It was a right choice to have this in a middle of nowhere.

 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

 

With emotion full on her eyes, her face was spilt into the same smile, mirroring all the smiles on each of them.

 

She turned around to her girlfriend, the girl was already wearing the same hat. As her girlfriend helped her with the birthday hat, her heart dropped at the soft, serene smile hanging out on her girlfriend.

 

Shining, beaming at her.

 

"Happy 21st birthday, Seungwan."

 

 

The group ushered the main character to make a wish, blowing the candles. Fat Amy screaming at the back. "I'm starving!" It earned laughter from the group.

 

"How do you guys get this place?" Seungwan asked as the group dispersed for dinner.

 

"A perk of being a music producer." Taeyeon raised up her glass of champagne to the birthday.

 

"You need to thank me for the chocolate cake." Jessica sunbae nudged the birthday girl on the shoulder.

 

"Why are you here? We aren't that close in highschool." Seungwan rolled her eyes, as if she was so done with the senior.

 

"You ruined my party, remember?" The senior sipped her champagne, as she spoke, her eyebrows arched to remind the scene Seungwan caused in the party.

 

Seungwan grimaced at the reminder, painfully smiled as she brought her head to a nod.

 

Jessica smirked at her winning, didn't forget to wish the junior. "Happy birthday, Seungwan."

 

"Thanks, Jessica unnie."

 

 

The party went by smoothly, Seungwan being the host, attending to each guest, thanking them for giving her a surprise.

 

She didn't have much time to check on her girlfriend, mostly thankful for her girlfriend for organising this party. Also, since they were all m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter