Chapter 6 - Avoidance

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy took the seat near the window, waving her hand to Irene while the bus drove away.

 

Seungwan waited at the side while Joohyun was queueing to buy her train ticket back to Daegu. She walked toward Joohyun after buying ticket. "You bought the ticket?" 

 

They went to Jeonju together for a trip with Seulgi and Joy, and then they went in separating ways, as three of them went back to Seoul and Joohyun went to Daegu.

 

Joohyun just nodded.

 

Seungwan asked again, "When is the train?"

 

"I missed the previous train, the next train will be arriving at 2.30pm."

 

"We should have woke up earlier."  Seungwan was worried about Joohyun waiting alone with her huge luggage in the busy train station.

 

"It's ok, I used to wait like this." Joohyun assured Seungwan.

 

Before Seungwan could say anything, Joohyun shooed her away, saying: "I'll be fine, you have to catch up your train too, they are waiting in the car."

 

Wendy reluctantly walked away. Before she left, she turned around and saw Joohyun was already seated with her luggage beside her, scrolling her phone.

 

"Is she on the train now?" Joy asked when Seungwan entered the car.

 

"She missed the previous train, the next one is at 2.30pm."

 

"It is two hours away!" Seulgi exclaimed.

 

"Ya, we should had woke up earlier." Seungwan pulled her phone and texted Joohyun.

 

"Seungwan: I will keep you company for these two hours. :D"

 

Joohyun chuckled when she saw the message:

 

"Joohyunnie: Can you stop worrying? I am older than you."

 

Seungwan: why couldn't I be? :(

 

Another flashbacks today, all related to Irene.

 

Wendy received a message from her devil:

 

"4:34pm

Devil Yerm: Where are you?"

 

"4:35pm

Son of a : Coming back home, why?"

 

"4:36pm

Devil Yerm: I want ice cream."

 

Of course, the devil would ask Wendy for something. Wendy always acted like she hated it when Yerim need a favour from her, but she would do anything for Yerim. Those plushies she bought for Yerim, countless presents bought by Wendy using her salary from the part time jobs just because Yerim liked it. She knew she was spoiling Yerim, but she couldn't help it.

 

"She is coming home now," Yerim put her phone on the table. Sitting opposite Yerim were Seulgi and Joy.

 

Joy knitted eyebrow, "I didn't even want to be here." She, then glared at her girlfriend, her girlfriend avoided the glare timidly.

 

"I don't want you to be here either, it complicated stuffs." Yerim spat back.

 

Joy rolled her eyes at Yerim's hypocrisy, choosing not to start any fight.

 

Stucking between her girlfriend and Wendy's sister, Seulgi couldn't help but sighed, "Can you two please stop?"

 

Yerim continued, "Why is she back? I thought she would stay there forever."

 

"Why are we meeting behind Wendy's back actually?" Joy didn't like sneaking behind Wendy's back, this created drama. Drama was the least Joy wanted and she knew Wendy didn't want that for sure.

 

"Because Irene doesn't deserve my sister and my sister deserves a better one."

 

"Yerim ya, at least she is trying to make things right." Seulgi understood the reason of Yerim being biased, but Seulgi wanted to give Joohyun unnie a chance.

 

Yerim rolled her eyes at Seulgi's softness.

 

 

Wendy got off the bus and walked to diner.

 

"Yo, Wendy." The waitress greeted Wendy with a smile. Wendy was grateful that she didn't ask about the incident in the morning.

 

"Two chocolate sundae, takeaway." Wendy gave the order.

 

"For Yerim?"

 

Wendy nodded.

 

"Who was the girl from yesterday?" The waitress smirked.

 

Wendy laughed, "take a wild guess, will you?" Wendy decided to play along.

 

"You two look good together."

 

"We sure did."

 

Joohyun was standing outside the exam hall, waiting Seungwan to finish her exam. She knew Seungwan was really stressed out due to the exam. The moment the door of exam hall was opened, all of the students started to walk out, couldn't wait to leave the living hell. She quickly scanned around to search for Seungwan.

 

She, then, saw Seungwan was standing beside the wall where they put their bags and discussing with Joy and Seulgi. She walked toward them.

 

"No, don't you dare to say the answer!" Seungwan covered her ear with her fingers, shaking her head vigorously.

 

Joy rolled her eyes at Seungwan's dramatic response and met eyes with Joohyun who was walking toward them.

 

Joohyun mouthed, "What happened?"

 

"Exam."

 

Seungwan saw Joy mouthing to someone behind her. She, then, turned around to follow Joy's gaze and saw Joohyun.

 

She quickly released her fingers from her ears, "Why are you here? I thought you guys were having break because of our exam."

 

"Just wanted to find someone to eat lunch."  Joohyun shrugged.

 

"Oh, let's go." Seungwan acted naturally as if Joohyun was asking her for lunch. She picked up her bag and bid her goodbye to Seulgi and Joy, turning her attention to Joohyun. "Where do you want to go?"

 

"Just cafeteria."

 

They reached the cafeteria, settling themselves in the back of the cafeteria. When Joohyun settled down, she only realized herself leaving her wallet on the table before she left her house. She missed the alarm, so she had to rush to school before Seungwan's exam ended.

 

"Do you have any money? I left my wallet on the table."

 

"Sure." Seungwan searched her bag and only then she realized something, sticking her tongue out, "oops, I have no cash."

 

"Oh my god, what are we gonna do? Why do this kind of stuff always happen to me when I am with you?" Joohyun went panicked for a second.

 

"There is Yoona sunbae, borrow it from her?" Seungwan pointed to Yoona who was eating with Yuri sunbae.

 

Joohyun, then approached Yoona to borrow some money. Yoona laughed after hearing Joohyun's explanation. Joohyun stood there with a blushed face and then thanked Yoona profusely after Yoona passed her the money. She, then, went to make her order.

 

"This is the rest of the money, you go and order your lunch." Joohyun passed the money to Seungwan.

 

"My mum already cooked lunch for me."

 

Joohyun, then shrugged and retrieved the money back into the pocket.

 

"How's exam?"

 

"Don't you start that?" There goes Seungwan's ranting.

 

Yoona was putting her finished plate to the tray, she saw Joohyun and Seungwan were in their own world.

 

Later then, when Seungwan sent Joohyun back to her house, and went home to study for the upcoming exam, she received a message:

 

"Yoona sunbae: "Do you not tell me that you guys already got together?"

 

"Wendy: No, sunbae. As far as I want us to be, we aren't a thing. You will be the first one to know if we do get together."

 

"Yoona sunbae: Don't you dare to lie to me?!"

 

"Wendy: I'm not lying, sunbae. Why did you say that?"

 

"Yoona sunbae: I saw you guys eating together, you two act like a couple, in your own bubble."

 

Wendy widened her eyes at another flashback. The waitress passed the chocolate sundae to Wendy, Wendy quickly thanked her. Wendy used her body to push the door, walked out the diner as her hands were carrying the chocolate sundae. While walking back, she saw Seulgi and Joy were walking back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter