Chapter 43 - Younger, the wiser

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy wiped her sweaty forehead while the other hand pushing the door. She should be alone as it was her new routine, going for a run after the volleyball competition. Mostly, she was alone as she came back to their waiting room.

 

Today, she wasn't.

 

Her eyes glanced toward the uninvited guest sitting on the bench, playing her phone.

 

Might be a little but surprised, Wendy made sure her expression didn't show, speaking up as showing the manner when someone purposely visited her.

 

"Why do I own this honour to welcome the princess's arrival?"

 

Her body moved past her ex's sister, her hand pulling open her locker, grabbing the towel to tapping the sweat off her body. Turning around to maintain eye contact, as the manner protocol said.

 

"She fainted, last night." The princess stood up as she addressed the reason of her arrival.

 

That caught Wendy's attention, though her non-chalance came back within seconds.

 

"I'm sure she has people to take care of her."

 

Jooyeon gauged the reaction, seeing the emotions flashed then it disappeared, her eyebrows frowned at the distant, sheer coldness from the usually warm, bubbly person.

 

"I don't know what happened to you two, I don't wanna know, but you should check her out."

 

"Oh, now care whether your sister is happy or not?" Wendy was scorning at the sudden "affection".

 

"Just go and check her out." Jooyeon was thrown off at the change of composure, feeling confused at the unexplained ruffle, yet still prideful to not back down to it, wanting to leave the place.

 

"No. I have no place to check her out anymore."

 

"What do you mean by that?" Jooyeon turned around with frown on her face, questions popping out, ranging from the possibility of them breaking up, the reason causing the break up.

 

"Why don't you ask her yourself, you're good at making people listen to you, am I right?" Wendy shrugged as she turned away to grab her necessity for showering.

 

"As much as I hate you two being together, but you're the only one will cheer her up."

 

"Pang!"

 

Wendy pushed the locker to close in a loud thud, causing the other to flinch in startle.

 

The other calmed herself by trying to hold her fallen heart in place, her eyes glaring at the culprit.

 

Wendy turned around with anger flaring in her eyes, spilling with spite as she couldn't tolerate any of this nonsense.

 

"You want us to break up, and I did as you said. Now you come and tell me to fix her?"

 

"If I knew she will be this wrecked without you, I will not get in the way."

 

"You're really the most self-centred person I'd ever seen."

 

Just when Jooyeon opened , about to retort back.

 

"You're so damn ignorant, can't even try to accept your sister being together with me, despite she was happy with me. And now, I do as you wish, leave her for good." Wendy had to compose herself for choking up, gulped down the emotion which almost spilled out.

 

"And then, you see how wrecked she is without me, only then you want me to cheer her up?"

 

Drawling closer to Jooyeon as she asked, yet pulling away immediately while throwing her hand up frustratedly, exasperatedly.

 

"You don't even try to understand anyone, just want everyone to do as you said, to follow whatever you have in mind."

 

Wendy clenched her jaw, releasing her tightened fist, pointing to herself. "Does it ever cross your mind, maybe"

 

Her eyes squinted as she said, "just maybe, I'm hurting too?"

 

Jooyeon gulped at the outburst as she just observed such scary demeanour change and the bluntly honest slap in her face. She didn't know what to say.

 

"Seungwan.."

 

"Don't.." Wendy grunted, taking deep breaths to calm herself, not wanting to losing control though people kept pushing on her. "..call me that."

 

Slowly unclenching her knuckle, her hand pointed at the exit, ushering the other to leave.

 

"I.."

 

"Leave. Don't make me say it twice."

 

Jooyeon gulped at the glare throwing at her, then quickly scrambled her feet, did as Wendy told, finally left her alone.

 

Wendy sighed as the door clicked, throwing her towel on the bench, settling down on he bench herself, ruffled her sweat hair. She just finished up jogging, for god's sake.

 

As she lost to suppress her pent-up frustration, letting it controling her instead.

 

And now, she wanted to run again.

 

But she had plan with Yeri.

 

She charged toward the bathroom, turning off the heater setting, letting the cold water to wash off all of her anger, despite the risk of her getting cold because of it.

 

To be honest, it wasn't much help. As she stepped out from the shower, grabbing all her bags, leaving her university with her car.

 

As she arrived her house, the door was still locked, indicating the younger wasn't home yet. Though, it was expected her sister to be late as she was never on time. Normally, Wendy might be pissed at it, today Wendy couldn't be more grateful, cause she needed some time to calm herself anyway.

 

When she entered the house, first thing she did was to take all her sweaty cloth to laundry room. She was too engrossed in it, the ringtone from her phone left in the living room, went deaf on her.

 

Even after she settled her bag back to her room, the Kim Yerim was nowhere to be seen. and oh boy, Kim Yerim wouldn't want to test Wendy's patience. Not now.

 

As she finally thought of calling the younger, her hand patted the pockets, to feel nothing. Then only she realized her phone was not with her. She strolled down the stair, only to catch the glance of her handphone.

 

She grumbled at herself, for leaving the handphone there, picking it up, rather forcefully.

 

Her impatience was slightly controlled as she saw the missed call.

 

At least, the bastard remembered to call and explained.

 

Wendy wasted no time to call back her sister, crossing her arm, waiting the other to pick up.

 

"Unnie, you pick up! You're at home, right?"

 

"Where are you?"

 

"Are you at home?"

 

"Of course, I am. Where the hell are you? The movie is starting in 30 mins, you better at the corner now. Or else, We're gonna miss the opening."

 

"Please don't be mad.."

 

Wendy frowned at the timidness from the voice, Yeri would never behave like this.

 

At least, she was in deep .

 

"What did you do, Yeri?"

 

"Just promise me you will not flip."

 

Wendy knew she was going to, anyway. What was wrong with people today?!

 

A deep sigh left as she took a deep breath, not wanting to lose the fight against the anger again.

 

"You know I don't give empty promise."

 

The opening of the lock, following the the twisting of the knob, was heard. As she was sitting on the dining table, her back was facing the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter