Chapter 19 - Momentum

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Supp, guys, and don't say I don't warn you beforehand.

This is what you guys ask for, and I'm not sure will it cause cavity, cause it's not even close to the thing I will write in the upcoming chapters.

ALERT! DIABETES, CAVITY ALERT after reading this chapter. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ;)

Anyway, let's get to it, shall we?

Song- Taeyeon – Circus 

(you guys have to listen to this masterpiece while reading this chpater, I swear it willn't disappoint, and more feels you will feel.)

 

 

It was 11 vs 5, of course, it was Wendy's team with the 6 points's lead. Beca served the ball successfully, and the opposite team handled it pretty well, and then they set up for a spike to Wendy's team, desperately wanted to lessen the wide gap between the mark. Though Joy saved it just in time, and then Audrey pushed the ball up high, giving a chance for Wendy to spike.

 

Wendy could just easily jump up high, and then smacked it hard to the opposite court like usual. But, she thought it would be too predictable as the opposite team already prepared themselves for the spike. Hence, she got a better idea.

 

Might ot might not to be due to a certain cheerleader was in the court, watching her competing.

 

She definitely didn't want to impress someone.

 

Pfft. Wendy wouldn't do that.

 

That's arrogantly cocky.

 

And, Wendy was humbly grounded.

 

So, Wendy still jumped up, faking her hand movement as if she was smacking it hard, noticing there was nobody standing at the front court, all of the players ran to the back court to receive the smack.

 

In the end, she just hit the ball with a normal force. The ball ended up not flying toward the back court. Instead, it was sent to the front court, with nobody able to save the ball.

 

The gap was widened to 6 point difference. Then, Wendy figured it was her time to rest, knowing her team would still pull it off easily, winning the preliminary match. As, the opposite team quickly pull a technical timeout to reconstruct their game plan.

 

"Dude, you really are the MVP of the day" Beca came tackling Wendy from behind, wrapping her hand around Wendy's shoulder.

 

The duo walked toward the coach. She just accepted the praise with a smug smirk.

 

"That was wonderful tactic, Wendy. Great job. Now, we have 13 marks to go. I know it's a pretty wide gap. We still have to be vigilant." The coach walked toward them.

 

"Coach, I think I'm done, I'm sure others can pull it off." Wendy gathered her towel and wiped the sweats while receiving the isotonic drink from her other members.

 

She twisted the opening of the bottle, chucking down to , wiping away the droplets dripping off her lips.

 

Seulgi spoke up while wiping her sweats on her shoulder after she drank her sport drink. "We can finally shine, without her keep showing off her skill."

 

After the statement, the devilish smirk came back plastering on the face of those three musketeers, glancing at each other and then waggled their eyebrows at the MVP with the same disgusted expression.

 

Wendy kept quiet, knowing she had no chance of winning the three musketeers. She just walked toward the resting area, as the coach informed the referee about the change of player.

 

"What happen to Seungwan? Why is she walking toward other bench?" Joohyun pointed toward Seungwan whose head was covered with towel.

 

"I guess she wanted to rest and asked the coach to replace her." Yeri shrugged.

 

Joohyun nodded her head, and then stood up.

 

"God, can't you guys wait until the match is over? Just how much you guys miss each other?" Yeri rolled her eyes, finding the couple extremely disgusting.

 

Too clingy.

 

"I-I w-wasn't gonna find her. I j-just wanna go to the bathroom." Joohyun could feel her face fuming, stuttered out her explanation.

 

She had been holding up her bladder for one and half round.

 

She didn't want to miss any of Seungwan's performance.

 

And now, with Seungwan resting, she might, as well, go to the toilet.

 

She wasn't really thinking to find Seungwan.

 

Now Yeri mentioned it, maybe she could?

 

Yeri shook her head at the flustered bunny, and deadpanned. "Okay, okay. Please go now. My sister would kill me if I bully you."

 

Joohyun, then, left the seat and walked toward the toilet. She stole a glance toward Seungwan who was still seating on the bench, bending forward her body, resting her elbow on the thigh, meanwhile watching her team members playing the match .

 

The knitted eyebrow and the focus was charmingly attractive.

 

Joohyun just stared (okay, maybe she was gaping) at Seungwan who was so focused on the match, she remembered that one time Seungwan taught her on chemistry.

 

Oh, ya. Seungwan was three years younger than Joohyun.

 

And, Seungwan was teaching her chemistry.

 

"Joohyun, chemistry isn't as hard as you think." Seungwan chuckled at the whining bunny.

 

"It is, I have been studying for 6 years, I still don't understand the most of it." Joohyun had been sitting on the chair for half an hour, flipping the textbook numerous times, reading the same paragraph over and over again, looking at the illustration of two electrode attaching with one Zinc electrode and one Copper electrode.

 

"Said by a first class honour."

 

"Seungwan!"

 

"Okay, there isn't much difference between galvanic cell and electrolytic cell."

 

"They look the same to me!"

 

Seungwan let out a sigh and snatched the pencil from Joohyun's hand, using an example from the textbook, starting to explain.

 

"I can't believe I am teaching a first-class honour senior about electrolysis."

 

Before Joohyun could protest the title, Seungwan already started to explain.

 

"See, look at this. There is a battery attached to it, hence, this is electrolysis. Electrolyis requires electrical energy to cause the oxidation-reduction reaction....."

 

The intense focus from Seungwan's eyes flickering back and forth between the textbook and Joohyun, the pencil held by Seungwan writing down some of key points, the gentle tone while explaining.

 

Seungwan was a fast-learner, able to understand the lecture easily if she paid attention. Though, she always ended up falling asleep in the lecture. But, the lesson stayed in her brain once she understood the theory behind it.

 

Joohyun was a hardworking student from the first class, the perfect student whom the teachers loved and adored. Straight A, polite, quiet, always respectful to the teachers. She worked hard to get the grade she aimed.

 

Unlike Seungwan, too noisy, too rebellious, too many opinions, she stood out in class in her own ways (apparently in the ways teachers hated). But, Seungwan was from the second class, hence her results weren't that bad, just not as good as Joohyun, at least not first-class honour.

 

They were the total opposite.

 

After Seungwan's explanation, Joohyun no longer faced any difficulties in electrolysis or galvanic cell.

 

Joohyun thought it was because she understood better when people explained to her.

 

Maybe it's because Seungwan was her tutor.

 

Her very own tutor.

 

The tutor who only tutored Joohyun, and nobody else.

 

Joohyun was, finally, conscious of herself. She was, indeed, staring at Seungwan. Luckily, the crowd was too engrossed in the match, no one paid attention to a standing brunette who was creepily checking out one player who sat on the resting bench.

 

She, then, walked down the stairs to empty her bladder.

 

 

It was 24 vs 20. It was inevitable that Wendy's team got this set in their bucket. It was Chloe's serve, the ball was sent flying toward the opposite court. The rival team handled it with ease, passing it back to their own member, the attacker jumped high and smacked it hard back.

 

Seulgi was quick to react, digging the ball toward Joy. Joy passed the ball by pushing toward Aubrey who was near the net. Then, Aubrey hit and sent the ball flying toward the opposite court.

 

Though, it was still saved by the rival team, and using the same technique, sending the ball back to them. Joy quickly passed the ball toward Chloe, Chloe thought of setting up for Beca, as her force was much stronger than the rest of them. Chloe pushed the ball up high, then Beca rushed toward the ball.

 

Wendy noticed Chloe's intention, she quickly stood up as Beca was rushing toward the ball.

 

Holding her breath, extremely focused at the last attack.

 

Beca jumped high, finding an empty spot, hit it hard toward the spot she discovered.

 

The ball was sent flying, the rival team member dived toward the spot, wishing to save the match point.

 

And, the ball was saved.

 

Though, it was shot upward.

 

Out of bound.

 

Then, the crowd roared at the match point being set.

 

Wendy's team proceeded to the next round.

 

Wendy and the rest of the members who were sitting at the bench quickly bolted toward the six other members, and the latter was doing the same, also running toward them.

 

They engulfed each other into a team hug. They didn't care the six members were, indeed, bathed with sweats.

 

Joohyun smiled proudly while seeing Seungwan bolted toward her members. The cheers beside her came striking, even louder than the opening.

 

Shouting, "Wendy-chan JJANG!!!!!"

 

아주 찬란했고 빛이 가득해 늘 가득해 Baby

aju challanhaetgo bichi gadeukhae neul gadeukhae Baby

It was very radiant, filled with light, always filled, baby

 

모두 환호하고 다시 환호해 우릴 향해 Yeah

modu hwanohago dashi hwanohae uril hyanghae Yeah

Everyone cheers, they cheer again, toward us, yeah

 

Joohyun chuckled at the enthusiasm of Wendy's parent.

 

Yeri, then, nudged Joohyun's elbow.

 

"Unnie, you should shout too. We don't have much chance to embarrass her, you know."

 

"I'll only join if you are shouting too." A teasing smile crept onto Joohyun's face while glancing toward the devil, actually considering the devil's invitation.

 

"Oh, let's do it, shall we?" The devil broadened her smile into a sneer.

 

"WENDY-CHAN JJANG!!!"

 

Wendy winced at the sudden chanting of her name. It was the loudest during the whole match.

 

She grimaced while turning around to the source, seeing the devil and her cheerleader were, in fact, cheering together with her parents.

 

Wendy widened her eyes at what she saw, seeing her cheerleader shouting her name like that.

 

Cause you yeah you

 

너의 모습이 너의 웃음이 Yeah

neoye moseubi neoye useumi Yeah

Your appearance, your smile, yeah

 

온 밤 Oh 날 단 꿈에 젖게 할

on bam Oh nal dan kkume jeotge hal

Night that has come, oh, that will soak me with a dream

 

눈부신 무대로 이끌어내

nunbushin mudaero ikkeureonae

Pulled on to a bright stage that shines in my eyes

 

The enthusiasm of Joohyun while screaming Wendy's name out loud from the tops of her lung.

 

The brightened expression showed on her cheerleader that she had so much fun while embarrassing Wendy.

 

The matching chuckles on Wendy's the most two favourite persons.

 

Suddenly, she wasn't embarrassed anymore.

 

This foam of pride, this dizzying ecstasy.

 

Too surreal for Wendy to forget.

 

And, it was just a preliminary match.

 

 

The team, of course, wouldn't dismiss like that. They would party like they won a championship. Though first, they still needed to take a shower and then, talked to their family respectively. Seulgi and Joy already disappeared to clean the sweats off their body, then went to talk to Joy's parents.

 

After Wendy freshened herself up, she walked out of the changing room, and then toward the court.

 

Of course, Wendy's cheerleadering team came rushing across the crowd, tackled Wendy for a hug. Wendy, was quick to notice the absence of her favourite cheerleader tagging along.

 

Keeping the question of where her cheerleading went to herself, Wendy returned the hug to her beloved family regardless.

 

"Do you like the banner we made?" Mr Kim asked with a beaming smile, flashing the banner, absolutely proud of his handcraft.

 

"I love it, though I know it must be someone's idea." Wendy chuckled at her dad, turning her face toward the devil.

 

"You're very welcome." Yeri shrugged nonchalantly. "You did great. Like really kill it."

 

"It's because you guys are here." Wendy smiled at the rare applaud from the devil.

 

"We all know it's not because of us."

 

Of course, the devil wouldn't miss a chance to sister.

 

Wendy ignored the teasing, turning to her parents. "So, we are going to party later. "

 

"Expected. Go and have fun. Don't get too drunk." Her mum nodded and warned. "The dinner is starting at 6pm, we should go now."

 

"How about you, Yeri? Wanna join us?" Wendy asked, knowing her sister repulsed these kinds of family gathering.

 

"Oh, I have plans actually. Mum and dad are gonna drop me at the mall, I already wasted 15 minutes for the karaoke. Can we please go now?"

 

Mrs Kim rolled her eyes at her bugging younger daughter, turned to her elder daughter, hugged her daughter while patting the head, an occasional display of affection.

 

"Well done, today." Mrs Kim loosened the hug and smiled lovingly toward her elder daughter, couldn't be more proud.

 

"Come on, let's take a family photo." Mr Kim already found some stranger for help them to take the photo.

 

Wendy knew there was no use to protest, so she complied the instructions. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter