Chapter 21 - Pivot

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

supp, guys, sorry for the delay. without further ado, let's get into the story, shall we? ;)

 

 

The blazing rays of sunlight scattered through the blind and landed on Joohyun's face. The sudden brightness irritated Joohyun's eyes, she grunted and lifted up her blanket to shield herself from the sunlight.

 

Joohyun was, undoubtedly, a morning person. And, she loved the sun.

 

But, she just reached her dorm few hours ago.

 

She could really use a nice 8 hours sleep after last night.

 

It has been so long time since she stayed up this late.

 

Not once in Japan, she agreed any invitation to any pub or club.

 

Even back in korea too.

 

But, she had fun last night.

 

The most fun she ever had.

 

Might or might not be because her impulse of wanting to shower her love to her girlfriend in the public.

 

Now, she couldn't even muster a slight of energy to check the time.

 

Her body was really aging.

 

She, then, turned her body around, using her pillow to cover her face, drifted back to the slumber.

 

 

"What time did your sister come back, last night?" Mrs Kim poured herself a glass of water, settling herself on the couch.

 

It was almost noon, and her elder daughter was still snoring peacefully in her bed. She knew her daughter deserved to enjoy her time with her friend after the hard work.

 

But, Wendy just fainted few weeks back.

 

And, her daughter still worn her body out like that.

 

These youths always partied like there was no tomorrow.

 

"How would I know, I was already dead asleep." Yeri shrugged while finding the channel which interested her. She gave up and passed the remote to her mother. "You know she always parties hard whenever she gets the chance."

 

"I know, but she just fainted recently. And, when's she gonna take her medical report?" Her mother mindlessly switched to her favourite drama channel, and put the remote on the coffee table.

 

"I don't know, I almost forgot the report if you don't bring it up." It only dawned at Yeri about the report. Yeri was too busy this week.

 

Getting to meet Irene.

 

The 'confrontation' with her sister.

 

Then, the preliminary match of her sister.

 

And, her upcoming Chemistry test.

 

Yeri widened her eyes at the test, as she had done absolutely nothing to prepare herself and she didn't understand a single thing about the chemistry note.

 

Despite her sister aced in Chemistry and eventually pursuing her degree related to health science, Yeri had zero interest and made zero effort to at least try to understand the theory behind Chemistry. Yeri's grade was optimal. (She had to emphasize it several time, because it was lacking as compared to her sister's grade.)

 

Her sister loved to read, mostly novel. She was amazed by the magic of words.

 

Saying that without words, they couldn't express their mind to others.

 

Words were like a bridge, connecting people together.

 

The bookworm liked to analyze the reason behind the author using certain word and linking one word to another. Mostly, Seungwan unnie wanted to understand the author's story, the reason of the author chose to write the story.

 

Giving her a temporary experience of becoming the character in the story, living the character's life, exploring the character's conflict and decision.

 

Detached herself from the real life.

 

A 'second chance' in an alternate universe.

 

However, Yeri couldn't stand one minute to read the words, let alone using her mind to dwell in some sorts boredom, abstract fact. She wanted to try reading novel (much to her sister's influence), but the endless pages of novel scared her away.

 

And, the thousands of words.

 

She felt lethargic even thought of that.

 

She loved the arts, picking up her pencil to sketch, her Insta following were all those talented artists. She loved the music, she could memorise the dance move by watching the dance video several times.

 

She even knew she need to learn the correct dance move from the mirrored version.

 

They differed in so many ways.

 

But, they respected each other's difference.

 

"W-what time is it?" The party girl was rubbing her eyes, coming from the upstairs and her hair was definitely a bird nest, completely dishevelled, the fringe was too long and it covered Wendy's eyes.

 

Not to mention coarse voice.

 

Must be due to the drinking.

 

"Way past 12pm." Yeri was completely unaffected by the horrifying state of her sister.

 

She had seen worse.

 

Mrs Kim gulped at what she saw, sighing and stood up, deciding to heat up the breakfast for her elder daughter. "Do you want to eat the breakfast now? Or should I say lunch?"

 

"It's okay, I can heat it up myself." Wendy, then, turned to kitchen and put the breakfast into the oven.

 

"I made juices, it's in the fridge." Her mum's voice came from the living room.

 

"Okay." Wendy replied.

 

She checked her phone, the members uploaded the photos they took last night into the group chat, most of them also just woke up, some was having hangover, some made a mess in their room as they puked all the alcohol out.

 

No messages from her girlfriend.

 

The cheerleader must be exhausted from last night.

 

"What a nice way to impress us in the first meeting, Irene." Stacie nodded her approvement, patted her acknowledgement on Joohyun's shoulder.

 

Joohyun, was now, entangling her arm around her girlfriend's arm, buring her face deep into Seungwan's shoulder, luckily her hair was long enough to cover her cheek.

 

Her cheek was shining bright like ruby diamond.

 

Wendy could feel the heat was irradiating from her adorable girlfriend's face to her shoulder. She patted her girlfriend's head affectionately.

 

"Okay, leave her alone. I think she might faint at some point." She smiled to stop Stacie from teasing her daring girlfriend.

 

While others laughed and watching the pairs lovingly, Wendy stood up and wanted to go to the toilet.

 

Joohyun didn't want to be left alone with Seungwan's friends after her bold announcement. She couldn't deal with the second hand embarrassment. She still didn't want to lift her face up, as the blush on her cheek never really disappeared. She murmured her reluctance out while tightening the tangle between their arms.

 

"Excuse us, we wanted to go the toilet." Wendy got the message and dragged the embarrassed girlfriend along with her.

 

She chuckled herself at the memory of it. She didn't realize her sister was standing beside the counter, refilling her mum's glass with water.

 

"So, you two are dating now."

 

Wendy yelped in surprise, jolting up, clutching her chest to ease her sudden heart attack given by her sister, almost spilling the refilled glass.

 

"What the , Kim Yerim. You scared the hell out of me."

 

"You were too engrossed in your own world." Yeri smirked and nudged her sister, staying a little while to have a chat with her sister. "So, are you two dating now?"

 

Wendy glanced toward her sister, sensing no irritation in her younger sister's tone. She was glad that her sister was more reasonable than she thought, willing to accept Irene into her life.

 

She wouldn't want to choose either one.

 

Both of the women were equally important to Wendy.

 

Wendy wanted both of them in her life.

 

Wendy, then, nodded without a word, directing back her attention to the oven, her breakfast (lunch) was reheated. Wendy wore the glove to take her lunch out of the oven, unusually quiet.

 

Yeri rolled her eyes at her sister. "You know before the accident, whenever Irene unnie was brought out, you would be like this, suddenly went quiet. Pretending that you are all cool, she doesn't have the effect on you. You are pretty whipped."

 

"I am cool." Wendy shrugged, still priding herself.

 

Because if Yeri knew what happened last night, Wendy would be doomed.

 

Yeri would never stop chaffing about it.

 

Yeri would never leave them alone.

 

The non-stop chortle.

 

Wendy wouldn't want to risk it.

 

Having Joy was enough at the plate.

 

Not another devil.

 

"I really think Joohyun unnie already out-performed us. Don't you think, Seulgi?" Joy patted her girlfriend. Seulgi was sitting beside Joy in the back seat, struggling to find a proper position to lean her head on the headrest.

 

Seulgi turned around to the pat, though was too tired to answer. She, then, scooted over to Joy, finding a perfect spot, sighing contently while lying her head against Joy's shoulder, drifting into dreamland.

 

It was already 3.37am. The most of the city was sleeping and these young adults were still on their way to the dorm, though the other ladies were already down.

 

Left Joy and Wendy.

 

Wendy was the driver, she had no choice.

 

But, Joy didn't drink much this time, knowing her girlfriend would probably be drunk. She needed to be the sober one to take care the bear.

 

"So, how does it feel? Your girlfriend kissed you in the public like that." Joy asked, looking into the rear view mirror, waiting the prey to meet gaze with her. A teasing smirk on her face.

 

"Now, who is the cringey couple."

 

Wendy glanced toward the rear view, knowing the hidden message of the unsaid word, rolling her eyes.

 

"I don't know, maybe you guys should try it sometime. Then, you will know how it feels like." Wendy glared back, though she hoped Joy was too tired to notice the blush on her cheeks.

 

As much as Wendy's feet was swept off by Joohyun's kiss. Their kiss still happened in the public. She thought these were the intimate moments and they should be only shared when they were alone.

 

Wendy couldn't help but to coy at Joohyun's boldness.

 

In the past, Seungwan was already certain about her feeling toward Joohyun. So, she tended to treat Joohyun differently when other people was around.

 

Even though her expression appeared to be, somehow, stoic.

 

She was just trying to keep her composure.

 

And, her tone was more gentle and tender.

 

As Seungwan couldn't really hide her affection toward Joohyun.

 

Joy, of course noticed the change in Wendy, dropping the topic immediately, decided not to spoil her friend's reputation.

 

As much as Wendy wanted to hide, Seungwan was still there to be found.

 

"Mum wanna know when are you going to get report?" Yeri asked, sitting beside her sister, stealing the bun from her sister's plate, straightaway put it into .

 

"Halo, that's mine." Wendy wanted to stop, but it happened too quickly.

 

Yeri shrugged, taking a bite at the bun she snatched.

 

Wendy, then, answered. "They called me last wednesday, calling to collect the report next thursday."

 

"Kim Yerim, you have to accompany your sister." Mrs Kim said while fixating her gaze on the drama.

 

"Why?" Yeri grumbled in frustration. "She is a full-grown woman. She can take it herself." She gestured her sister exasperatedly.

 

"Because your sister wouldn't tell us if there's any wrong in her report. That's what she does best, hiding things from her mother. And, you are the someone I can trust." Mrs Kim just roasted her elder daughter.

 

In front of her elder daughter.

 

"Ouch, mum." Wendy winced at the attack, wanting to defend herself. "I would ne..

 

Er, some cute bunny hopped across her mind.

 

S-she did hide something from her mum....

 

n-never h-hide things from you." She was too nervous and she gulped down the piece of bacon without chewing. She hissed in pain while the large chunk of food passed through .

 

Luckily, she wasn't drinking the juice, or not she might spill it out.

 

Yeri laughed at her mum's wittiness, totally pleased at her sister's unusual stuttering, totally getting the reference.

 

Seungwan unnie deserved it.

 

 

"What happened to you?" Sooyoung asked, with a total horrific expression.

 

Who would have thought Joohyun would go to party till late night.

 

Joohyun's condition didn't improve a bit after one day's rest. Now, her body still ached from the dance and her head still didn't recover from the alcohol. She couldn't even say a word now, because of her sore throat.

 

She didn't know how to get through the endless lecture today.

 

From 9am to 5pm. One hour lecture with 15 minutes break in the middle.

 

And, apparently the culprit who caused all these was mocking her for being this weak.

 

"You really need to go out with me more often." Seungwan nudged Joohyun's wrist while Joohyun slapped Seungwan's arm hard. Though, her palm suffered itself after the slap, she shook her hand to relieve the pain radiating her whole palm.

 

And, apparently Seungwan wasn't affected at all.

 

She really should start working out.

 

Last night, Seungwan came to find Joohyun have a walk near Joohyun's dorm, using the same excuse.

 

"We didn't meet today."

 

It was like their new routine, holding hand and walked under the moon, talking to each other.

 

Though Joohyun's voice was muted, she still tried to engage the conversation by giving response via eye contact, smile, mostly through their grip.

 

Joohyun still needed some time to adjust herself.

 

Seungwan was here, holding her hand, walking her back to her dorm.

 

Like a date.

 

Wait.

 

In fact, they were dating now.

 

They were girlfriends.

 

Then, Seungwan walked her back to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter