Chapter 38 - Inevitable  

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys, this is important, please please listen to the song while you read this chapter. 

Stay Here by Gaho

 

 

Joohyun was always focusing in work, it never happened before. And it happened a bit late as compared to others if she was being honest. People experienced all these in the high school, yet here Joohyun was, only experiencing all these on the age of 23.

 

Her first time falling in love, yet it wasn't some sorts of puppy love. Though, she never understood what love was. She looked up to her mum and dad for that, still being in love after 30 years of marriage. They bickered sometimes, also fought.

 

 But, they fought their way back.

 

And now, it was Seungwan and her in that picture. Yes, she visualized (not sure if it was the right word, but Joohyun surely did that) Seungwan and her in future.

 

But, they never fought before, just bickering each other, all the time. She hoped they won't ever fight and she was dreadful of them fighting each other. Not sure how to navigate her feelings or thoughts or daydreaming, she was sure of one thing, she didn't and couldn't present herself as the clingy girlfriend.

 

In which she failed in disguising herself.

 

"But, I'm not sleepy." She yawned, right after the sentence.

 

"I miss you. Do you miss me?" Joohyun made sure no one was around to hear that conversation.

 

Her sleep without Seungwan was.. normal, but it would be better, no, the best, if she slept with Seungwan.

 

Cuddle with Seungwan, not "that", you know.

 

Though it would definitely be a peek if that was involved. Still no, she didn't imagine doing that with Seungwan all the time.

 

Nope, never dreamt about doing that to Seungwan.

 

But, god, she missed her.

 

Her warmth, her breath, her touch...

 

Wait, she was doing it again.

 

"You're blushing."

 

The comment pulled her back to reality, Joohyun turned toward Tiffany who had been observing her. From the moment of Joohyun losing her focus during the discussion, her eyes reflected the drift of her mind.

 

"Again."

 

The arch of Tiffany's eyebrow and the tentative tone.

 

Tiffany wasn't like Sooyoung, very much different. Too different like the end of the pole, yet the two needed each other. Tiffany needed the blunt, sometimes harsh honesty. Sooyoung needed someone to just listen her unfiltered bull without judging her.

 

With Joohyun stucking in the middle of these two, Tiffany, always the thoughtful one, respected her privacy, knew just the correct question to ask. Choi Soo Young, on the other hand, was everything opposite from Tiffany, the frank one, was almost candid about everything, though only with the ones whom she trusted.

 

So, if this moment was happened with Sooyoung and Joohyun, Sooyoung would have dragged to a privy place and then interrogated her with all sorts of questions, which including "How was Wendy on bed?", "Do you wanna spice it up?"

 

"Sorry, I was.." Joohyun shook her head to dispel the blush on her face, couldn't find a proper excuse. Right, when it came to Seungwan, her mind couldn't function.

 

"Distracted?" Tiffany being helpful, her smile teasing also warmful, helping her friend to finish the sentence.

 

"I.." Joohyun's reflex was too fast, her head snapping up, wanting to deny the speculation. Giving up instantly, as all her friends could just read her like an open book.

 

She might, as well, just ask her friend who had been dating since high school. "What do you do when you miss her?"

 

This habit of theirs, an unspoken agreement between them, always referring the significant other without the name. Strangely, they just knew whom each other was referring to.

 

Tiffany replied genuinely, without any judgement and teasing. "Call her?"

 

But, they texted every moment, even ended each other with a call, which lasted for at least half an hour, the record they created, 2 hours and a half, which ended with Seungwan's phone died.

 

"It seems like her voice isn't sufficient." Tiffany concluded with a titter after a prolonged silence from the bunny.

 

Joohyun wasn't sure how to describe whatever emotion she was experiencing. Her lips forming a thin line, slightly jutted out, her eyebrows creased together, plopping her head with her elbow, finding a proper word to summarise all of it.

 

"I..." Her eyes glancing upward as she wired her mind to articulate a sentence.

 

"You never feel like this before." Tiffany closed the shared laptop, helping the clueless bunny to find the word. The project could wait, they completed 70% out of it anyway.

 

Joohyun turned to her group mate, bewildered at the statement, slightly thrown off, to be honest. After awhile, taking the words in, she only then nodded hesitantly.

 

"And?" Tiffany, being patient as always, prompting her friend.

 

""Is it weird to experience all these this late?" Joohyun asked, quite thrown off by it actually, because she was not the clingy type.

 

Never.

 

Tiffany flashed a motherly smile to her friend, nodded empathetically, ushering her friend to continue.

 

"It's just that I have been thinking of her all the time, no matter whatever I am doing. Does she eat? What's she doing? I mean I know what she's doing, we are texting, but like you get the idea. Does she know that I think of her all the time? Does she think me like I think of her?"

 

When Joohyun finished her rambling speech, she only pulled her attention back to her friend. An amused expression, with the beautiful narrow crescent slightly widened, revealing the black globe.

 

Joohyun's face warmed up at herself, god, why would she just let slip her thought out without filter.

 

Tiffany quickly spoke up. "It's amazing to see what Yoona and Yuri had been talking in person." A chuckle escaped as she spoke.

 

Not sure the intention of Tiffany saying that, if it was to make Joohyun less bashful of her indirect love confession for Seungwan, it was certainly not working. Joohyun felt herself shrinking at the embarrassment, desperate for superpower of being invincible.

 

"I..."

 

"Did you not feel that when you two were in highschool?" To see her expressionless friend to be this expressive, Tiffany crossed her arm, leaning forward to the blushingly red bunny, inspecting the interesting specimen.

 

Joohyun slightly moved back from the proximity, genuinely shook her head.

 

"I didn't know I was in love with her."

 

It came, the moment of silence between the gossip girls.

 

A. drop. beat. of. silence.

 

The eyes of Joohyun almost bulged out from the socket, her hand curled up on , she couldn't bring herself to match the burning eye gaze throwing from the opposite side.

 

She dropped her face on the table, keeping her urge to scream out of embarrassment, because they were in the library.

 

She swore she got it from Seungwan!

 

The physical pain couldn't even compare to her embarrassment of being here!

 

Tiffany winced at Joohyun's head, quickly flashed a motherly smile, cooing the embarrassed baby. "All of us been there before, you know I drunk dialled Taeyeon before, that time we were having a silly fight."

 

Joohyun quickly popped her head out of the cave, saying. "Spill it out."

 

 

Tiffany stomped out of Taeyeon's house as she couldn't let her girlfriend saw her crying because of the fight. Taeyeon wanted to chase after her, only precisely landed her nose on the shushed door.

 

Rubbing her nose at the impact, pacing back and forth at her room, grumbling to herself. Despite the delicate face and the cute height, she still carried the intimidating aura after years of working in the society.

 

Taeyeon took another sigh, heavy and breathy. It was the countless time she took in the past hour, her grip clenching hard. She rolled her eyes at herself. Despite being physically injured and emotionally hurt by her girlfriend, her mind still drifted to Tiffany.

 

She still cared.

 

She jolted up at the sudden ringing of her phone, her eyes searching for the device, her body standing up, as she knew she just shoved it somewhere.

 

She swore she just saw it.

 

As the ringing stopped, she groaned at herself, knowing it was her girlfriend for sure.

 

And the ringing started again. 

 

She followed the ringtone, finding the phone was under the sofa, must slipped down there, she scrambled down with her tiny, short hand, almost squeezing herself into the sofa, able to retract it before the second ringtone stopped.

 

"Taeyeon, you pick up!" Tiffany's bubbly drunky slur screeched through the phone.

 

"Why didn't you pick up at the first ring?" The stern came right back.

 

Okay, her girlfriend was definitely drunk.

 

"The phone dropped to sofa, I had to squeeze it and pick it up."

 

"Taeyeon, it hurts." Tiffany cried into the phone.

 

Taeyeon went into a panic mode, quickly walking to the door, dragging her coat, starting to put in her shoes.

 

"What? How? Where are you now?"

 

"You hurt me!"

 

Taeyeon could only close her strained eyes and sigh.

 

"Where are you?"

 

"I'm at the bar where you confessed to me."

 

"I'm on my way."

 

Taeyeon drove in god speed that the journey with 20 mins, ended in 10 mins. Exceeding the speed limit, yes, might cross a few of red lights. Whatever, she didn't give a .

 

She pushed past the door, her eyes searching across the bar, people were lesser due to the time and it was a working day tomorrow. To this, Taeyeon could imagine the zombie state she would be tomorrow.

 

She let go of a relieving sigh (also mentally preparing herself for tomorrow and later) as she saw her drunk girlfriend completely wasten, sleeping soundly with her forehead on the table.

 

She quickened her steps toward her lover, only be more relaxed as their close friend was staying beside her.

 

'What did you do, this time?" The girl stood up as they met eyes.

 

"Sica, you know she's dramatic sometimes. No. Most of the time."

 

"I'm not dramatic, I'm sensitive." The one whom they thought was already out actually spoke, her head snapping up, pointing her finger up to make her point.

 

The two's eyes snapped to the girl, their eyes widened out of startle, and then turned back to each other as the girl's head dropped back onto the table, still waiting the girl to speak up.

 

Moments after, they made sure the girl was really really out, Taeyeon spoke up again.

 

"How much she had?" Her hand starting to move her girlfriend's hand around her shoulder, propping up the drunkard. The height difference between the lovers caused her to struggle.

 

Jessica quickly helped the other side, relieving part of the burden, grunted as she felt the weight on her body. "..3 .. bottles at least, she was already drinking when I reached."

 

Despite Taeyeon insisted to drive Jessica, Jessica escaped with an excuse. "I'm not gonna help you to carry her."

 

 

"That's some juicy ."

 

The two almost shrieked at the sudden comment, turning around to see the one whom she missed so much.

 

"SON SEUNG WAN! You scared me!" Joohyun whispering her growls, though lunged forward, hitting the arm repeatedly to express her anger.

 

"I told you!" Wendy dodged part of the attacks, her eyes ushering her girlfriend to look at the phone on the table.

 

Joohyun followed the eyes, seeing the message.

 

"Clumsiee: I'm coming."

 

"You were too engrossed in the gossip." Wendy teased as her girlfriend stopped the attack.

 

"Why are you here?" Joohyun only composed herself, ignoring the teasing smirk throwing her way from the audience opposite her.

 

"I come here because I miss you."

 

Joohyun widened her eyes as she heard it, bewilderment full on her face, couldn't bring herself to believe her girlfriend actually just threw a pickup line to her, with the presence of her other girl friend.

 

The wave of warmth spred across her face.

 

And the audience couldn't hold back her chortle, drawing the lovebirds' attention.

 

"Sorry, you guys continue. Please ignore my presence." Tiffany proceeded to open the laptop that was closed earlier, didn't excuse herself, obviously wanting to watch the free rom-com in live.

 

"You're enjoying yourself, Tiffany unnie." Wendy smirked, settling down beside her girlfriend.

 

"Of course, I am." Tiffany nodded her head, turning her head toward Wendy, didn't even bother to deny it.

 

"Why is my honey so hardworking today?" A hand sneaked from behind, flipping the laptop back to original position, the tone teasing.

 

"I swear you all wanna give us a heart attack." Tiffany rolled her eyes, turning back to see her successful producer girlfriend.

 

"Can't I give my beautiful girlfriend a nice surprise?" Taeyeon arched her eyebrow at her grumpy girlfriend, flashing her charismatic smile, leaning forward to peck the beauty in the face.

 

Tiffany giggled, nodding satisfyingly. "Why are you here?"

 

"What can it be? I come here because I miss you." The smooth girl didn't forget to nestle her nose to the face as she pulled away.

 

The other three was thrown off at the same pickup line, looking at Taeyeon with shock.

 

Taeyeon who was oblivious for the recent interaction, didn't even notice the bewilderment from the other three, speaking up. "Wanna join us for dinner, Wendy?"

 

"Only if you're buying, Taeyeon unnie." Wendy replied with her remarkable smirk, matching with the one on the producer.

 

 

"Someone's in a good mood today." Wendy teased as she glanced toward her exciting passenger, drifting back her attention on the road as she drove.

 

"Are you staying for the night?" Joohyun beamed, the whole body squeezing on the seat, shifting her body toward her driver, her tiny feet facing her driver as she asked.

 

The driver pretended to be thinking about it. "I'm not sure if it's a good idea."

 

"You don't have class tomorrow." Joohyun whined, snuggling closer, her hand stretching out to catch the sleeve.

 

"I already told my mum that I will stay at your place." The driver chuckled, controlling the steering with one hand, the other patting the whiny bunny on the head.

 

"Yayy." The bunny excitedly dragged the hand from her head, intertwining their fingers together. Her smile never faltered as her eyes shifted from their fitting hand to the one who was sitting beside her.

 

How could she be so ignorant in the past.

 

Her eyes spilling of love, her heart full of love.

 

Wendy felt the fervent love from the side, enjoying it very much herself, saying. "You're staring, Joohyun."

 

Joohyun didn't move from her comfortable position, her eyes staying at her eye-catching girlfriend, lazily said. "Can't I stare at my girlfriend?"

 

"Is this a competition?" Wendy chuckled at the comeback of her girlfriend, throwing side glance at her girlfriend.

 

Joohyun giggled, didn't reply the taunting, recalling the pickup line. "Did you mean what you said just now?"

 

Her tone curious and hopeful, knowing the answer herself, yet wanting to hear it herself.

 

"It's a lie." Wendy smirked as she said.

 

A pout formed immediately, throwing their hands away, wanting to turning her back to her driver.

 

Her hand was quickly being caught, being brought to the driver's lips. "I would be lying if I don't miss you."

 

"Cheesy." The rolling of eyes wasn't convincing as the smile on her face was too broadening.

 

 

Joohyun woke up to Seungwan's scent, her eyes opened to Seungwan's shoulder blade. A smile brought to her face as she snuggled closer to Seungwan. For the record, they were fully dressed.

 

They weren't some bunnies with excessive hormone, they could do cuddle into sleep.

 

The sigh of content from Joohyun tickled Wendy, her eyes blearily opened, having difficulty in staying awake, her eyes threatening to fall shut.

 

"What time is it?" The grogginess full in her voice, as she spoke, stifling the yawn escaping from .

 

"I don't know. I don't care." Joohyun tightened her hug around Seungwan, mumbling as she gave a morning kiss to the shoulder.

 

A surge of pride felt by Joohyun as her cheesy line elicited the hearty chortle from her girlfriend at the early loving morning.

 

"Don't you have plan with Seohyun unnie later?"

 

"It's during lunch time, we have plenty of time." Joohyun's hand across Seungwan's back.

 

"It sounded wrong, Joohyun."

 

Joohyun pulled back to throw a confused look at her girlfriend, only then registering the meaning behind it as she saw predatory gaze on her girlfriend, feeling warmth growing on her cheek, gulping as the predator leaned forward.

 

Only to peck a playful morning kiss on the lips, a proper way to start the lovely morning.

 

Though the prey actually wanted more.

 

Wendy pulled back after the morning kiss, laughed at the slightly disappointed expression on her prey. "Why does someone look disappointed?"

 

Leaning forward to kiss the sullen expression away.

 

The pout formed at the comment, though another kiss landed on the lips.

 

"I'm."

 

Another.

 

"Not."

 

The pout dissipated at the kiss, her face split into a smile, as the tongue ed into , inviting her to a dance.

 

Another make out session in the morning.

 

 

"So, what's your plan later after dropping me?" Joohyun casually asked, being curious.

 

"I don't know, I thought I was gonna have fun later but someone ditched me for a friend." Wendy pulled a sad face as she said.

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes with a smile. "You're dramatic."

 

"I'll go back home, watch a movie, maybe work out." Then, Wendy properly replied the previous question.

 

"Call me when you're done? And, I come and pick you up?" Wendy, the accommodating girlfriend, suggested.

 

Joohyun unbuckled her seatbelt, shaking her head. "It's okay, I can go back myself. I'll text you when I reach home. And you text me when you reach home."

 

Wendy saluted with her finger to her loving superior. "Okie dokie."

 

Waving her hand toward the bunny who walked into the mall, as she wanted to drive away, only to see the key left on the seat.

 

Must be slipping out from Joohyun's pocket when she exited the car.

 

She grabbed her handphone, wanting to call the clumsy bunny, a great idea popped into her mind. Sneaking into her girlfriend's room, to wait her up in the room, grinning at her own smart idea of pranking her girlfriend. Changing of her original destination, driving back to the place where she just came from.

 

 

"I see you." Joohyun brought her head up as to catch her friend waving on her direction, ending the call after the sentence.

 

She skipped across the crowded restaurant, walking toward the table, settling down her bag on the empty seat beside her before her childhood friend threw her a hug and then the two settled down opposite each other.

 

Seohyun nodded her thanks to the waiter, watching the latter left the table, turning back to her childhood friend with a teasing grin. "You're glowing."

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes, feeling the blush sipping through her face, yet can't hide the smile from spreading across her face.

 

"Stop it."

 

Though she didn't mind to hear it all the time.

 

"I'm happy that you two got back together." Seohyun stretched out to grip Joohyun in the hand, her tone earnestly happy.

 

"Thanks." Joohyun returned the grip, diverting the attention back to her friend. "Enough about me, how's life recently?"

 

"You have no idea. Let me tell you."

 

Seohyun was assigned to be the leader of a newly created organisation in her university, the hectic preparation of the paperwork, and the stress of recruiting more members. She thought she must be out of her mind,  accepting the task immediately as the lecturer asked for her assistance.

 

The place just recently finished its renovation, the bold modish design attracted many youngsters, including the two. Also, the regulars enjoyed the change in menu.

 

As th waiter brought the food to the table, the long catching up was paused, as the childhood friends dug in. Seohyun ordered a caesar salad with grilled chicken , healthy as always, as for Joohyun, her pick was the classic Bologn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter