Chapter 3 - Questions

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy caught her breath after finishing her final set of work out, sweats dripping down her face from her forehead. She used the towel to the wipe the sweats, wanted to change the music. There was a notification popped out:

 

'5.45pm

Irene: I reached home.'

 

'6.00pm

Seungwannie: ok. see you.'

 

Irene thought of initiating conversation, but she was afraid she would be too eager since they already talked to each other for two hours. Irene distracted herself by revising her notes again.

 

Working out helped Wendy to relieve stress, whenever she was frustrated or disoriented. The sweating process somehow helped her to focus, gave her mind a rest. It kept her grounded. Today, she needed to keep her mind clear, she received too many informations. So many questions left unanswered. Wendy thought if she wanted answer from Irene right away, Irene couldn't handle it and it would complicate their relationship more. She needed to ask Seulgi and Joy about Irene, and to understood the reason of them hiding it from her.

 

"Come and help me, you ." The voice came shouting from downstairs.

 

Wendy rolled her eyes at the voices, went down and helped the devil.

 

"Woah, I can't believe you buy all these." Wendy startled when she saw the person was carrying several boxes, the person's viewing was completely blocked by the boxes. It was a miracle, that person even could walk with all these.

 

"How did you get back?" Wendy helped to carry the boxes away from the shopper.

 

"Halo, of course, I called a taxi for it, put it on the table, and be careful, there is glass inside."

 

Wendy rolled her eyes, "I'm not stupid, all of these must be cloth and make up, it doesn't weigh that much."

 

"I'm not a hardcore exerciser like you."

 

"Maybe you should, because you are weak like a paperdoll, I seriously think sometime you may be blown away by the wind." Wendy spat back, "How many did you spend for all these this time?"

 

"They are having sales, okay?"

 

"Kim Yerim, don't change the subject, how much?"

 

"It was my money, Son Seungwan, why did you care?"

 

"I am just curious, it's not like if I nag you, you would listen to me anyways."

 

"Still not telling you."

 

Yerim was 5 years younger than Wendy, they were half- siblings, to be exact. Wendy's mother met Yerim's father in work, they were both divorced back then. They got married while seeing each other for 2 years, the marriage happened when Wendy was 17 years old, several months before the accident.

 

Wendy didn't oppose her mother to enter marriage again, she was actually beyond grateful that her mother still had the faith in love, finding someone she could rely on. Her biological father was a successful businessesman, but ever since his business failed, he couldn't get back on his feet. He turned to alcohol for consolation, her mother had to be the income for the family. All these happened when Wendy was still a kid, with the accident, she completely cut tie with her biological dad, Wendy was certain he didn't care, as he never appeared once after the accident. Her mum just briefly filled it for her about when the divorce happened, why it happened and how it happened. Again, Wendy didn't really care, so she couldn't really remember the exact details.

 

Wendy could still vividly recall the situation when Yerim was brought into the ward. The parents went out to discuss her preparation of her dismissal with the doctor.

 

"Does it hurt?" Yerim timidly pointed to the drip infusion, as if she pressed it, it would hurt Seungwan.

 

Seungwan smiled and shook her head, "It didn't hurt, they put it in while I was sleeping, so I didn't feel a thing."

 

"Do you know who I am, they said you lost all your memory." 

 

"They told me, you are Yerim." Seungwan already adored this little girl.

 

"Dad and mum just got married few months ago, we are sisters and we shared a room together, but mum told me you need to sleep alone for few weeks when you come home, I am sleeping with them for now."

 

"I'm sorry that I take away your room."

 

"Don't be, I missed sleeping with you. The room was so big and scary without you, unnie."

 

Wendy welled up, listening to sudden confession from this little girl. This caused the little girl to panick.

 

"Does your head hurt? Why are you crying?"

 

Seungwan shook her head while wiping her tears with her hand, "There was dust in my eyes."

 

"Mum is gonna kill you when she finds out all these."

 

"Nah, you will cover it for me."

 

Despite the lovely recounter with her sister in the ward, Yerim grew up to be a little brat who had no respect to her elder sister, but she loved Wendy and Wendy knew that too. Even though they bickered each other a lot, they shared almost everything. Wendy was a good listener, so whenever Yerim faced any problems, she would go and talk to Wendy, asking Wendy for advices. Yerim tended to rely on Wendy lot, Wendy of course didn't mind to take care of her sister, but she still wished sometimes Yerim could be more independent.

 

Wendy walked to the kitchen to pour herself a glass of water, figured maybe Yerim knew Irene's presence.

 

"Kim Yerim, had ever I mentioned to you about any girl, before the accident?"

 

"Girl? no. You just told me you are gay," Yerim was busy to open her goodies, "Why?"

 

"No? Weird. I met a girl today, she said she knew me I don't know, I think we were close back then. She even knew Seulgi and Joy, and said I introduced them to her, but they didn't mention her before." Wendy walked out to the living room, passed a glass of water to Yerim.

 

Yerim thanked Wendy for the water, "What's her name?"

 

"Irene but she said I used to call her Joohyun."

 

"Nope, never heard of this name, you would have told me if you two were a thing." After Yeri drank the water, she put down the glass and continued to open up the boxes.

 

"Her eyes were so sad, god, I never saw someone like that before." Wendy sat down on the couch while recalling Irene's expression.

 

"Come and help me to carry some of these back to my room."

 

Wendy widened her eyes when she saw the large pile of goodies, "Oh my god, just how much did you buy?"

 

"It's my money, I will clear the boxes before mum is back." Yerim was dissembling the boxes for easy disposal.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter