Chapter 25 - Family

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie." Yeri walked past Wendy, bolting toward Joohyun and gave a side-hug to Joohyun.

 

"Halo, I'm your sister." Wendy turned around, with a dumbfounded face while pointing herself.

 

"I already saw your face for 15 years. I think I had enough." Yeri rolled her eyes at her sister's dramatic response, nudging Joohyun as she said the following sentence.

 

"Is she always this dramatic?"

 

Joohyun chuckled at the sisters, nodding her head, whispering. "She is, sometimes."

 

"Joohyun, I am right in front of you." Wendy couldn't feel more betrayed by her own girlfriend.

 

Joohyun was supposed to be on her side.

 

Now, with her girlfriend sided up with the devil.

 

Wendy was left alone.

 

To fight the evil.

 

"What do we have here?" Joy walked toward the trio, crossing her arm, totally amused of what she saw.

 

Yeri was, in fact, holding Joohyun's arm and ganging up on Seungwan.

 

When Yeri offered to pay for Joohyun's take out, Joy and Seulgi couldn't really believe it. After dropping Yeri back home, Seungwan sent the two of them back to their dorm first.

 

"Did she really just pay the take out, for Joohyun unnie?" Joy quickly asked once Yeri left the car and walked toward the door.

 

"Oh, I couldn't believe it myself either." Seungwan turned around to voice out her amusement.

 

"What happened when you three went and got the report?" Seulgi remembered Seungwan mentioned the two of them would accompany Seungwan to retrieve the report. Seulgi was afraid that Yeri might confront Joohyun and made things complicated again.

 

"Nothing special, we took the report and then went to dinner." Wendy recalled their schedule on that day. "Yeri changed her attitude after that night."

 

Joy figured the protective sister and the lover must had a talk without Seungwan.

 

"Hi, Joy unnie. Do you want to come and have dinner with us?" Yeri still didn't let go out of Joohyun's arm.

 

Joy arched her eyebrows up at the invitation. Luckily, they decided to call the play's practice off today. With the training and the practice for the play, Joy really needed some time-offs.

 

"Sure. Today, Seulgi and I got a day off from the play's practice."

 

"Yeah, now with five of us, let's go the funfair. This week is their last week, here." Yeri raised her fist, suggesting the activity after the dinner.

 

More like deciding the activity.

 

"Aren't you having class tomorrow?" Wendy narrowed her eyes at her playful sister.

 

Wendy wouldn't want her sister to play till midnight and couldn't wake up for the school tomorrow.

 

Her mother would kill her.

 

Even though they were half sisters, they had one thing in common. Actually, many things in common, people wasn't lying when they said the more time you spent with that person the more alike you guys became.

 

They loved to have fun, always playful and adventurous. They would find one day to visit the amusement park and bought the express pass, so that they won't waste time waiting for the queue. Though it was more expensive, at least they finished all the facilities in the amusement park in time before the closing time.

 

The amusement park visit was already one year ago. Yeri had been dying to visit the funfair since the funfair came to their city. Though her friends already asked her to go to the funfair with them, she declined the invitation.

 

Because, she needed to pay it herself.

 

She wanted to visit the funfair with her sister.

 

Now, with the addition of three unnies, she was even more excited.

 

This indicated she definitely wouldn't have to use her own money.

 

"Unnie, I just finished my chemistry test." Yeri whined.

 

"Come on, Seungwan, it would be fun. I have never been to funfair with you before." Joohyun stretched out her hand to nudge Seungwan's arm, throwing a wishful smile.

 

Wendy glanced toward the two strangers who were not related in any way, only connected because of Wendy.

 

But, the expression on their faces were absolutely same.

 

The arched up eyebrows, asking for Wendy's permission.

 

The taint curvature on their lips, hoping Wendy to say yes.

 

And, those ing innocent yet charming puppy eyes, begging Wendy to say yes.

 

Not one pair but two pairs.

 

Wendy, of course, was disadvantageous.

 

"Fine." Wendy succumbed herself to the dark.

 

The dark had won, once again.

 

The devils squealed out their excitement.The younger dragged her newly-gained (fake) sister, walking toward the car, already started to discuss the upcoming dinner and shared her friend's experience in the funfair to her new favourite person.

 

While she totally, completely ignored her real sister.

 

Who used to be the one and only favourite sister.

 

Joy laughed out loud at Seungwan's unusual composure, completely pleased to see Seungwan being servile to the two women.

 

Seulgi, whose hand was carrying a gymbag, greeted Yeri and Joohyun who were laughing over some silly jokes that told by Yeri with a wave. She stood there to wait for her girlfriend and her best friend walking toward her.

 

"Who would have thought our Son Wendy would become this whipped." Joy still clutched her belly while wiping the tears dripping out due to the laughter, using her hand to pet Seungwan's lower chin.

 

"Do you want to walk to the restaurant?" Wendy swatted away Joy's hands and grunted.

 

"Seungwan, Yeri wanted to eat the restaurant near the funfair." Joohyun shouted while opening the car door and entered the front seat.

 

"We are joining them?" Seulgi wasn't there when they planned the outing, asking out of confusion.

 

"Seungwan is bringing us to funfair." Joy helped her girlfriend to take the gym bag and replaced it with her hand.

 

Seulgi squealed out of excitement.

 

 

They, were, now in the funfair where two kids (one being the real adolescent, the other faking her age despite being the oldest among five of them) and one bear couldn't contain their excitement, kept squealing at those most insignificant, common things that can be easily found in a funfair.

 

Seulgi couldn't stop taking photo of them. She would either ask Seungwan to take photos of Joy and Seulgi, or Seulgi would help Yeri to take solo photo. Occasionally, Wendy would take one or two with them. To Wendy's surprise, Joohyun was not really keen to take photo.

 

Wendy didn't like to take solo photo, she loved to take photo with people, and helped people to take photo.

 

Because this was how she remembered the memory of her spending time with the people she loved.

 

"Come on, you two. I bet you two never take a photo together before." Yeri was checking her photo on Seulgi's handphone, she quickly ushered her sister and Joohyun to take a photo together.

 

It only dawned at Wendy that they might take a photo together back in highschool. Seeing Joohyun always declined Yeri's invitation to help her to take solo photo just now, Wendy thought she would say no for this time too.

 

But, before Wendy was about to say "It's just a fun fair. We can take it another time.", Joohyun pulled Wendy's sleeve, timidly muttered her wish. "I want to take a photo with you."

 

The shyness in Joohyun's tone.

 

The faint blush on Joohyun's cheek.

 

Joohyun couldn't bring herself to look at Seungwan, her gaze fixated on the ground.

 

Wendy found this side of Joohyun too endearing and adorable.

 

Her heart swelled at Joohyun's aegyo. (melted into a puddle mess, to be exact.)

 

She found herself nodding her head mindlessly, let her body being dragged by her girlfriend.

 

Wendy felt Joohyun leaned her head against her shoulder, wrapped her arm behind the back, leaving no gap between them, smiling brightly toward the camera.

 

Wendy quickly wrapped her hand around Joohyun's back too, settling her hand beside Joohyun's waist, meanwhile resting her head on Joohyun's head.

 

"1,2,3."

 

Wendy curved her lips up as cued, knowing this would be the warmest, broadest smile she ever had.

 

As the photo being taken, she recalled something.

 

It was Joohyun's birthday and Joohyun's friends wanted to throw a surprise party to Joohyun. Seungwan was invited, of course.

 

One of the main hosts, actually.

 

Helping to organise the party.

 

That day, Joohyun's friends went and got the keys from the uncle. The uncles were generous enough to let them to celebrate Joohyun's birthday at their house. They sneaked in and decorated the house, cooking the foods meanwhile Seungwan was in charge of buying the helium balloon and getting the cake.

 

Despite the usual meeting they had, Seungwan was late. As Seungwan got all the balloons and cake, passing to the decorating team which included Tiffany, Seohyun, Taeyeon, Sunny and Jessica. Luckily, she managed to attend the last 30 minutes of it.

 

"Why are you so late?" Joohyun asked while passing the pen to Seungwan to sign her attendance.

 

"I was caught up by the delivery. It was late." Seungwan didn't want to think of an excuse. She might as well go along with the truth.

 

Joohyun nodded, thinking Seungwan bought something online.

 

So, later on that night, when some of them distracted Joohyun, saying they would go out to have dinner to celebrate her birthday. Seulgi, Joy and Seungwan were in the house, waiting along with Jessica, Taeyeon and Seohyun.

 

While waiting the birthday girl to arrive, they took some photos together. And Seulgi, the clumsy bear actually sent the photos to the group which Joohyun was added and spoiled the birthday surprise.

 

Though Joohyun already knew the surprise, Joohyun was so touched by the kind gesture from all her friends, even shedding few tears in the car.

 

The moment she unlocked the door and opened it, all of them were standing beside the door, with Seohyun carrying the cake, the rest singing happy birthday. Joohyun already burst out crying, causing her childhood to be emotional and started to cry as well.

 

Seungwan shook her head at the outburst of the birthday girl, quickly took the bag from her helping the birthday girl to settle the bag.

 

While the birthday girl finally calmed down, they unwrapped the present, showing a sleeveless white dress. Once Joohyun was changed into the dress, they started to take individual photo with the birthday girl.

 

"She bought the cake and helium balloon, you know. While we did the decoration and cooked the food." Seohyun told Joohyun while wrapping her hand around her childhood friend's shoulder.

 

Joohyun, then, leaned against Seohyun, smiling for the photo. After the photo, she glanced toward Seungwan who was sitting with the rest of them, eating the spaghetti.

 

Seungwan didn't join Joohyun for individual photo while everyone was summoned to take the photo with the birthday girl. Joohyun scanned the house and found Seungwan who was sitting alone at the table while the others were busy taking photo.

 

Joohyun sat beside Seungwan, pulling Seungwan's sleeve, whining. "We still haven't take a photo yet."

 

Joohyun's voice melted Seungwan's heart.

 

Seungwan could only nod.

 

Then, Joohyun grabbed Seungwan's hand instinctly, dragging Seungwan along, quickly asked Seohyun to help them to take a photo.

 

Seungwan followed Joohyun like a robot, as she was too thrown away by the skinship.

 

How could Seungwan's mind function when Joohyun snuggled closer to lean her head against Seungwan's shoulder.

 

While Joohyun's hand wrapped tightly around Seungwan's waist, settling her hand beside her waist.

 

Seungwan was there to see how Joohyun took individual photo with everyone.

 

The friendly distance Joohyun kept with each of them.

 

She either leaned toward them but there was still gap existed between the shoulders.

 

But, with Joohyun's childhood friend, they were inseparable. Joohyun was literally snuggled on Seohyun's crook of neck.

 

But, Seungwan still noticed the gap between the waist.

 

And now, the two of them were posting for the photo.

 

Where Seungwan felt Joohyun's waist literally brushing against hers.

 

Too intimate.

 

Like a couple.

 

Seungwan heard the cue from Seohyun, quickly flashed a smile toward the camera.

 

Once the photo was taken, Seungwan quickly detached herself from the koala, hoping the koala wouldn't feel the restless beating in Seungwan's heart.

 

Of course, the birthday girl wouldn't notice.

 

She was too excited to check the photo with her favourite junior.

 

Their first photo together.

 

Despite it was a weekday, the crowd was too huge for Wendy's liking. Seeing her two princesses having so much fun, Wendy started to enjoy herself too. They already crossed all the boxes from Yeri's checklist, within two hours. 

 

Carousel where all those horses and carriages were decorated with warm, orange fluorescent lamps. Without Wendy dragging Joohyun and Yeri away, they could ride it endlessly.

 

The teacups which spinned them round and round, almost caused Seulgi to throw up the dinner they just had. Luckily, she choked it down.

 

At least, no one had to suffer the puke.

 

The thrilling bumper cars where they could crash each other, which Joy and Joohyun being the most competitive among the five of them, couldn't stop bumping each other.

 

To prove who is the better driver.

 

Despite Wendy was the one who had the driving license, and most experienced in real-life driving.

 

The romantic ferris wheel which the four of them went to have a ride, leaving Joohyun behind due to her acrophobia.

 

Yeri teased Joohyun for ruining the moment when the two of them could share a kiss on the top of the ferris wheel.

 

Which caused her sister who was drinking water to choke and Joohyun unnie to blush.

 

Wendy, then, rolled her eyes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter