Chapter 33 - Foreshock

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How do I look?"

 

Joy was too busy to check herself on the mirror while she said it.

 

And when she turned around to the bear who looked at her with heart eyes, she hoped no one would see the blush in which threatened to creep up her face, reddening her neck as well.

 

"Get a room, you two. Will you?" One of the crew walked by the couple, shaking his head with digust.

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes at the reaction, yet chose not to fight back, glaring at the guy as he passed by, then she shifted her gaze to look at her girlfriend.

 

Her lips curved up almost immediately, the love spilling all over the place.

 

Also the people's vomit too.

 

"I think you look beautiful." Seulgi leaned forward to give a peck on the lips.

 

"I think they're gonna go crazy when they see you killing on stage with that awesome acting of yours." Seulgi smiled as she said that.

 

"When did you learn that?" Joy smiled on the kiss, speaking up as her suddenly well-spoken girlfriend pulled away..

 

Seulgi laughed as she heard the comment from Joy, and then continued to speak. "No one?"

 

"Dancers, you guys are up in 1 minute." Someone started to gather the dancers.

 

Seulgi nodded to the person, and turned back around, saying with a smile. "I have to go."

 

"Good luck." Joy held her girlfriend's hand while saying it.

 

"You too." Seulgi went in for another good luck peck on the lips and ran toward the curtain with other dancers. The dancers stood in a straight line, standing side by side.

 

The bear closed her eyes while she mumbled something to ease her nerve.

 

As the curtain being drawn, and the music being dropped, the bear's body automatically started moving.

 

The muscle memory that she grew accustomed to after the countless of practices.

 

 

"Holy , Seulgi unnie sure can dance." Yeri's eyes widened as she watched the shy, timid, sheepish bear's body movement.

 

As if the dancer on the stage was a different person.

 

Charismatic, confident and cool.

 

Moving her body powerfully yet delicately.

 

Each dance movement precisely matching with the beat of background music.

 

Despite they were others dancers, Seulgi seemed to be shining.

 

Leading the group, standing at the center of the group.

 

All eyes were on her.

 

"No, Seulgi is still lacking, as compared to me. She needs more practise." Amy commented professionally, nonchalantly.

 

Amy showed her profession in dancing, in which awed Aubrey and Chloe, through her mermaid dance, while they first met in the activity fair.

 

Before Amy could start sharing her story, Beca who sat beside shut her up via shoving the popcorn into Amy's mouth.

 

Amy wasn't even startled by the attack, and automatically started chewing the popcorn, asking. "Where do you get that?"

 

"They were selling it outside, haven't you seen that?"

 

"Well, I'm gonna get some." Amy wanted to stand up and buy it.

 

"No one is leaving the room." Aubrey Posen, a.k.a the commander ordered, casting her gaze to Amy.

 

Amy gulped at the cold look, sitting back down, her hand reaching out to grab some popcorn from the bucket.

 

Beca stretched out her hand to prevent Amy from reaching, even leaning against Chloe's side.

 

"Dude, I bought it for me, not for you."

 

Of course to no appeal.

 

"Maybe you shouldn't have shoved the popcorn into my mouth just now." Amy's hand also stretched out toward Beca's bucket.

 

When the "fight" almost got overboard.

 

"Sshhhh." Everyone turned around and hushed the duo.

 

The duo quickly behaved themselves, sitting upright on their seat, quietly shared the bucket of popcorn with each other like two obedient kids.

 

 

Joy stood behind the curtain, her hand holding the curtain, watching her girlfriend pouring her heart on the dance, and glanced toward the crowd.

 

Because the flashlight on the stage was focused on the dancers, she couldn't really see the expression of the crowd.

 

But Joy was sure of one thing.

 

Her girl was swooping the attention.

 

Her lips curved into a proud smile as she thought of that.

 

"Joy, you are up next."

 

Joy, then turned back to the calling. "Coming."

 

Wendy who sat beside Yerim, with her eyes always fixating on her close friend, a proud smile also plastered on her face, didn't even bother the other two who were having fight over a popcorn bucket.

 

Couldn't be more proud of that dense, silly bear.

 

The curtain came back down as the dance performance from the group (more like Seulgi's solo dance) were over. The crew quickly helped to prepare the setting for the upcoming scene.

 

Joy, was wearing a black dress, showing her bare shoulder, standing in front of a door. Her hand reaching out to give a knock. Inside the room, sitting a young man, his hand holding a letter, the other one with a necklace.

 

As the curtain drew up.

 

 

"Knock, knock"

 

The sudden knock startled the young man whose eyes fixated on the letter, his eyebrows knitted together. He jolted up, quickly scrambled the letter and simply shoved the letter and the necklace into the drawer beneath it.

 

The young girl came in with a sweet smile, obviously didn't see the young man's antic reaction.

 

"Honey, we need to go now. Or not, we'll be late."

 

"Ugghh, ya, I'll come right up." The young man squeezed a smile as he stuttered while he met the young lady's eyes.

 

The young lady thought the young man's breath was taken away by her outfit.

 

She loved the fact after all these years of dating, he still could be awestruck by her.

 

The grin on her face widened as she said.

 

"Help me to pick an earring to compliment my outfit, will you?"

 

"Sure." The young man stood from his desk, walking toward the young lady, their hands automatically intertwined.

 

A natural act after all these years of dating.

 

Showing the audience the beautiful, silver and simple matching rings they were wearing on their ring finger.

 

As they walked out the room, the young man turned around and closed the door.

 

His eyes glanced over the table.

 

He didn't hear his fiancée saying her opinion of the white earring would give a nice contrast to her black dress. He just mindlessly hummed to reply whatever his fiancée was saying.

 

As, his mind couldn't stop thinking of the letter and the necklace.

 

The young lady noticed her fiancé's lack of response, nudging him for attention. "Nervous to introduce me to your parents?"

 

The young man quickly brought his attention to her, finding himself to melt under his fiancée's gaze, nodding his head.

 

It was part of truth.

 

"I'm nervous too." The young lady confided.

 

The young man quickly spoke up to assure his fiancée. "They would like you. No, they'll love you."

 

The young lady smiled sweetly at her fiancé's assurance, nodding her head, saying wishfully. " I hope so."

 

The couple stood up from their seat, greeting the young man's parents as they walked toward them.

 

The young man quickly introduced his fiancée to them. "Mum and dad, this is Yui." He then, glanced toward her and said. "My fiancée."

 

Yui's heart warmed at what she heard, reaching out her hand to shake her future parents-in-law. "Hi, uncle and auntie. Nice to meet you."

 

"Erza couldn't stop talking about you. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." The father-in-law spoke out with a warm smile, patting Yui's shoulder.

 

"The make up artist is good. God, I would believe the guy is actually an 50-ish old man." Yeri exclaimed as the "father-in-law" spoke.

 

"I think he is actually old-looking. They don't really put much make up on him." Amy shook her head to disagree with Yeri.

 

The two unprofessional reporters couldn't stop giving their commentary to the play, of course they spoke in low volume, only people beside them could hear.

 

Yeri glanced over toward Amy's comment, who always said the opposite of whatever she was saying.

 

Amy noticed the gaze, speaking up. "Wanna have a bet, kid?"

 

"Bring it on."

 

"Can you two just watch the play?" Wendy finally spoke up, rolling her eyes as she was sitting beside, hearing the exchange. "Quietly."

 

"Shhh." Again, people around them hushed the trio.

 

To be exact, Wendy.

 

And the duo who spoke up first casted the unapproved look toward Wendy, shaking their head at the source of the noise.

 

Judging the creator of noise for disturbing others from enjoying the play.

 

Before Wendy could speak up again.

 

The duo putting their finger onto their mouth, simultaneously.

 

Synchronisingly.

 

To shush Wendy.

 

Wendy rolled her eyes, grumpily shifted back her gaze toward the stage.

 

Joohyun giggled as she watched the exchange unravelled beside of her. She quickly put her hand atop her girlfriend's palm, caressing the knuckle.

 

A smile curved up upon the contact, Wendy glanced toward her girlfriend, turning her hand around, holding her girlfriend's hand in return, continued to watch the play.

 

With their linking hands.

 

 

They had a wonderful dinner with his parents. Apparently, the elderly loved Yui, accepted her fully, already discussed the wedding plan Yui had in mind. Luckily, the parents fully supported Yui's idea and offered to help the young couple.

 

But, Erza's mind was on the letter.

 

The letter that helped Yui to find the truth.

 

The truth Yui had been looking for.

 

And, Erza wasn't sure if Yui could take the truth.

 

"So, who do you guys have in mind for the guests?" The old lady asked her soon-to-be daughter-in-law for the guest list.

 

"We want it to be cosy, intimate, nothing grand." Yui thought it for a second while she spoke, she turned around to her fiancé as she grabbed his hand, saying with a lovely smile. "I guess just close friends and family?"

 

Erza quickly stopped his wiring mind, lifting his head to his fiancée, nodding as he agreed to the suggestion.

 

 

"Joy is good. Isn't she?"

 

Joohyun turned to her girlfriend, nodding her head with a sweet smile.

 

Finding some resemblance in the play.

 

Stopped herself from dwelling in Erza's shoes.

 

 

Hearing his fiancée sleeping soundly on his chest, with his hand wrapped protectively around Yui's shoulder, he looked at his wife-to-be, brushing away the hair to have a better look of the beauty.

 

The love of his life.

 

"I love you." He whispered to her, as he kissed her forehead.

 

He said because he thought the love of his life was asleep, but it was not the case.

 

Yui's face split into a smile as she heard it loud and clear, yet decided not to disrupt her fiancé's bubble.

 

Yui snuggled closer to her lover, finding her comfort in her lover's embrace as always.

 

Finally falling asleep.

 

 

"Why did you hide it from me?" Yui pulled out the necklace which she found from the drawer, her voice raspy and loud. She panted heavily as the betrayal cut her deep, her eyes watered as she said that.

 

Erza widened his eyes as he saw the necklace, walking toward Yui, wanting to retrieve the necklace. "How did you find it?"

 

Yui repeated her question again. "Why did you hide this from me?" Her tone full of plead and hurt.

 

"I just want to protect you." Erza's eyes watered as he said that, his hand reaching out to grab his lover's hand.

 

It was only to be swatted away.

 

"I deserve to know the truth." Yui whimpered as she said that, turning away and left the stage.

 

 

Wendy's eyes watered as she watched Yui, which was played by Joy, left the stage.

 

Yeri who watched movie with the softie before, hence wasn't surprised when her sister shed a tear for the play.

 

The softie only shed tears when she put herself into the character's shoes.

 

Attaching herself to the character which Yeri wouldn't and couldn't do.

 

And Yeri didn't understand why would someone cry over some fictional, unrealistic characters.

 

"It's not real, you know." Yeri leaned forward to her sister, reminding the softie the fact.

 

To be honest, Yeri felt more connected to animals in a way.

 

Or kids who still are still innocent, pure from any pollution from the world.

 

"Shut the up, will you?" Wendy wiped her tears as she grumbled.

 

"Softie." Yeri rolled her eyes and continued to watch.

 

Joohyun who sat there, hearing the bickering between sisters. At other times, she might smile or chuckle at the amusement provided by the two. Yet, she didn't have the mood, the plot reminded her about something.

 

The terrifying correspondence.

 

 

"I love her." Erza choked out his reasoning as he put down his third beer,  apparently talking to no one. His head was plopped against his palm, his tears kept streaming down his face.

 

As Yui already left the house where they built together, after she found out the truth.

 

Leaving all of their precious memories behind.

 

But, Yui left that one thing on the table before she left the house.

 

The necklace which Erza hid from Yui to protect her.

 

Only had it to be unearthed and destroyed everything they created.

 

"I just thought it was for the best." Erza curled up his fist as he said that.

 

"For her." T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter