Chapter 22 - Bliss

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Have you been spoiling Yeri?" Wendy tilted her head at her girlfriend whose gaze was still fixated on the laptop, while lying her head on her arm as she was leaning against the table. Her girlfriend had been proofreading her coursework for countless times, and Wendy was getting bored.

 

They were at Joohyun's library, Seungwan came to find Joohyun after Seungwan had dinner with Yeri, Seulgi and Joy. Joohyun wanted to join them, but she had a coursework which was due by the end of the week. She already finished it, but with her being a perfectionist, she still found her coursework lacked of something.

 

Joohyun couldn't pinpoint what was lacking.

 

She had stayed for hours and completely forgotten her dinner. She only remembered to eat because Seungwan bought and delivered it to her. She thanked her girlfriend, they ate it on the coffee table outside the library.

 

Then, they moved to the common area which was located in the library. They were allowed to discuss, of course with a respectful volume. Joohyun would have preferred the quiet area, but she remembered Seungwan hated the repressing silence echoing in the quiet area.

 

"No, what makes you said that?" Joohyun casted her gaze downward to meet her girlfriend's eyes. Joohyun was sitting upright and Seungwan was sloping on the table.

 

"After we finished the dinner, she actually ordered a takeaway for you." Wendy lazily plopped her head against her elbow, then straightened up her back to sit upright, her gaze never left Irene.

 

"And, she paid it." Wendy said it with amusement transparent in her voice.

 

Seungwan's eyes slightly bulged out when she was surprised or amused.

 

Always expressive.

 

Too adorable.

 

So kissable.

 

Joohyun was there to observe the entire expression change and she chuckled at her girlfriend.

 

"You sounded like it is the 8th wonder in the world."

 

"It is, she rarely buys me food, you see." Wendy replied earnestly.

 

"You know Yeri loves you." Joohyun shrugged, faking her innocence. But she was obviously giddy, the smile was so broad.

 

"She cared about you. And, she never cared about other people." Wendy's eyebrows arched up as she noticed the unusual smug expression on her girlfriend, starting to narrow her eyes at her girlfriend, leaning forward.

 

"And?" Joohyun receded back to create distance, continued to play dumb.

 

"If she ever threatened you, just let me know."

 

Joohyun laughed out loud at her girlfriend's absurd accusations to her sister.

 

The people around them turned around, squinting their eyes toward the source of noise and shushed them.

 

Joohyun sheepishly gestured an apology to the people whom she disturbed and mouthed. "Sorry."

 

"You know she would never do that." Joohyun baffledly returned her attention and replied her girlfriend, using her finger to flick Seungwan's forehead.

 

Apparently, her girlfriend is being too dramatic.

 

Wendy rubbed her forehead and pouted. Then, she directed her gaze toward the table, describing her sister to Yeri.

 

Wendy read her sister like an open book.

 

Joohyun kept quiet and let her girlfriend to continue.

 

"Before you came back to my life, Seulgi, Joy and Yeri never mentioned you, as if you didn't exist in the first place. So, that day when we first met, I asked Yeri about you, but she acted she didn't know you, saying that I never told her about you. Whenever you were brought up, she would get agitated and didn't want to talk. Remember when I got mad at the Japanese restaurant?"

 

Joohyun nodded.

 

How could Joohyun forget that grim, cold expression on Seungwan.

 

An unusual storm surrounding the warm sun.

 

"It was because I knew she indeed knew who you were and hid it from me. She hated you, saying that all you brought to me was pain and heartbreaks."

 

Wendy recounted the conflict she had with her sister to her girlfriend while inspecting her girlfriend's pencil case.

 

There were pens, pencils, eraser, rulers, post-it notes.

 

All in purple. 

 

And, even all kinds of different shade of purple highlighters.

 

Just how obsessed Irene was toward purple.

 

Joohyun tried her best, not to grimace at the truth bomb dropped by Yerim.

 

She did bring pain to Seungwan.

 

And luckily, her girlfriend was too engrossed in her girlfriend's pencil case.

 

"But, that day when we had dinner, she changed. The way she talked to you, she wasn't distancing herself from you. She wasn't in her defensive mode anymore."

 

She stopped her scavenge hunt and turned toward her girlfriend.

 

"She accepted you." Wendy's beaming face showed her excitement of her sister willingly to accept her girlfriend.

 

The two people Wendy loved got along.

 

And, Wendy loved that.

 

"And, I wanna say thank you." Wendy showed her appreciation by reaching out her finger to poke her girlfriend's nose, lying her head against Joohyun's arm.

 

"Thank you for trying to make my sister to accept us."

 

The fond in Wendy's smile was too much for Joohyun.

 

Joohyun shrugged sheeplishly, knowing she was blushing, as she felt her cheek got warm, along with her heart warmed by Seungwan's gratitude.

 

"So, are we done? For the record, you have been sitting for 1 and half hours. And I can't even feel my now." Wendy, then, pointed toward the clock on the lower right side of Irene's laptop, whining.

 

"Let's get ice cream." Wendy beamed at her own suggestion, looking at her girlfriend with pleading eyes.

 

Joohyun shook her head, knowing she had no saying to that.

 

Seungwan would always win.

 

"You are buying." Joohyun pointed her finger as she closed her laptop and Seungwan quickly stood up and took Joohyun's back pack, starting to collect Joohyun's belonging.

 

She was just shoving everything into Joohyun's bag.

 

Joohyun's notebook was in there.

 

Her precious hand-written note book.

 

Joohyun had places for each item accordingly.

 

And, now it was all messed up.

 

"Can you be gentle? My notebook is in there." Joohyun glared at her girlfriend.

 

Wendy winced at the scolding, and started to pick up each item with her fingers, treat all the item with care. Then, she slowly, gently put it into the bag, patting the bag delicately.

 

Slidding her girlfriend's bag on her shoulder.

 

Reached out to grab her girlfriend's hand.

 

Off they go.

 

Another ice cream date.

 

 

"Isn't that too much?" Joohyun widened her eyes at her girlfriend's three scoop ice cream in a cup, with a cone on the top, drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with almonds.

 

Two chocolate, one vanila.

 

Joohyun was having one scoop of vanila in a cone.

 

"There will never be too much ice cream." Wendy shook her head as disagreement, happily digging in her ice cream.

 

Joohyun found it amusing to see her girlfriend got excited over trivial things like this. It had been few weeks since they were dating. Joohyun met most of Seungwan's close friends. The volleyball team and Yerim. Seungwan obviously didn't mind to let people knew Joohyun was her girlfriend.

 

Though Joohyun already told Sooyoung and Tiffany, she planned on telling Seohyun, since Seohyun knew her struggle to accept her feeling toward Seungwan.

 

"Can you be careful, while you are eating?" Joohyun rolled her eyes at her clumsy girlfriend, there was a smear of ice cream on her girlfriend's lips.

 

Again.

 

This time, she wiped it with her hand and her finger, instead.

 

"Err, you wipe my lips like that?"

 

Wendy noticed the sudden silence, glancing toward her girlfriend.

 

"What are you thinking?"

 

"Remember when we first met, you were also eating chocolate sundae?" Joohyun couldn't hide her nostalgia while reminiscing their anew 'first meeting', herself chuckling.

 

"Oh, how could I forget. A beautiful girl came to me, looking all sad and told me about a past which I absolutely don't remember." Wendy chuckled at the memory.

 

"I looked sad?"

 

"That sadness in your eyes, god. Joohyun. I wish I can take it all away. So you can live your life."

 

Seungwan said it before, but Wendy didn't remember it.

 

Wendy nodded. "And, I never saw someone like this before. It broke my heart. To see you live like this. To keep all the sadness to yourself." Wendy brought her hand up, caressing Irene's face.

 

Seungwan always did this.

 

Swept Joohyun off her feet.

 

Joohyun's heart soared, trying to keep her eyes from watering.

 

"I have you now." Joohyun snuggled closer  to Seungwan's hand and smiled.

 

Seungwan was back.

 

And, that was enough.

 

Irene's sweet smile brought a smile to Wendy's face. They could hear each other's heartbeat beating relentlessly.

 

Wendy wanted to kiss Irene.

 

They were so close and Wendy could just lean forward and kiss.

 

But, they were in the public.

 

So, it could wait.

 

Wendy, then, brought her hand down from Irene's face, wanted to resume eating her ice cream.

 

Joohyun frowned at her girlfriend, when Seungwan's hand left her cheek.

 

Seungwan really didn't know how to read signal.

 

It was going to be so romantic if Seungwan kissed her now.

 

Stupid Seungwan.

 

Joohyun turned her girlfriend around, exclaimed. "You were supposed to kiss me just now."

 

"Huh?" Wendy was taken aback by her girlfriend's bluntness.

 

"But, w-we were in t-the public." Wendy was unusually shy, darting her gaze around, hoping there was no one around to hear their conversation.

 

Joohyun was surprised at Seungwan's shyness.

 

Although it was kind of frustrating, Seungwan was still cute while she was shy.

 

She, then had a brilliant idea.

 

Decided to embarrass her girlfriend.

 

To sweep Seungwan off her feet.

 

And, not to ruin this romantic moment.

 

She smudged her lips with vanilla ice cream and lunged forward and kissed her girlfriend.

 

Wendy widened her eyes when her girlfriend's lips touched her lips.

 

She sensed the coldness from the ice cream.

 

She tasted the slightly sweet taste of the vanilla on Irene's mouth.

 

And also, the chocolaty flavour from the unmelted chocolate ice cream in .

 

She smelled the same lavender fragnance used by Irene.

 

Despite Joohyun's favourite was vanilla.

 

Joohyun liked the chocolaty ice cream in the Seungwan's mouth more.

 

Joohyun, then, receded back with a smirk, leaving a dumbfounded Seungwan with her eyes bulging out.

 

Joohyun was the winner for this round.

 

Though, there was no telling of who was leading in this love race.

 

 

"Are Joohyun-unnie and you free on this Saturday?" Seulgi sat down the bench, wiping her forehead with the towel, catching her breath after the training.

 

There were one and half months left to the next volleyball match. Although Beca was the captain, Aubrey was already adding more cardio workout to the members. Others were groaning their complaints, meanwhile Wendy was delighted to have these extra training.

 

"I think she should be free, since she has done her coursework." Wendy remembered Irene mentioned she finished it but still thought something was missing in her coursework. "What's up on this Saturday?"

 

"Oh, we are having barbecue party at my house." Beca joined them after the bath, drying her hair with her towel.

 

"Irene would love it." Wendy beamed, already getting excited. She couldn't wait Saturday to arrive. "Do we need to bring anything? any help?"

 

"The five of you are in charge of the drink." Chloe walked toward them. Wendy thought it would be more appropriate for Stacie handling the drink. "Shouldn't Stacie be in charge of that?"

 

"Dude, then we would be dead. Remember that time, she made us pump juice? I want us to stay sober for that night, at least not all drunk. My dad wants the house in one piece." Beca didn't even want to hide her horrified expression, they had learnt their lesson once.

 

That was a painful one.

 

Beca wouldn't want to risk that again.

 

"But, I was fine." Wendy shrugged, thought the pump juice was actually delicious, very fruity.

 

And the kick after she swallowed the juice and it passed through .

 

She even wanted to ask for the recipe of it.

 

"Are you sure it's a good idea? We have a Seulgi here." Joy gestured the bear who was gathering the necessities, about to get herself a shower.

 

"I think I'm still a better option, as compared to Stacie." Seulgi side-eyed her girlfriend's comment, then entered the bathroom, closing the shower curtain, relatively forceful.

 

The shrilling of curtain echoed the whole room.

 

All of them noticed the rare dark aura surrounding the joyous bear, feeling the awkward atmosphere. They turned around to the bear's girlfriend simultaneously.

 

"What have you done?" They whispered in unison, after stealing glance at the occupied bathroom.

 

"I swear to god, she was too sensitive." Joy rolled her eyes, throwing her hand up, roughly combing her hair backward, trying to keep her frustration down to minimum. Though, she grunted in a whisper.

 

"Would you all give us a minute?" Wendy asked to the others, glancing toward them and all the members got the cue.

 

They all gathered their bags and left the room.

 

"We are going. See you tomorrow, Seulgi." Beca announced their departure to Seulgi.

 

"Okay." The reply was somehow muffled by the dripping water inside the stall.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter