Chapter 24 - Heart to heart

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun woke up with a content smile on her face, she woke up to the warmth circling around her as her personal heater's arm was, in fact, wrapping around her waist and the person was still snoring lightly beside her.

 

They were in full cloth, comfortingly wearing the couple pajamas, (Joohyun still thought they were a couple pajama) if that was what you are wondering.

 

The party ended in nearly 3 am in the morning, because they were exhausted by Chloe's infinite energy, not sure was it because of the alcohol she took. They called it a night, as Beca switched off the light while her girlfriend was still humming the song and most of the group already went to their respective room.

 

Wendy stayed to help Beca to drag Chloe back to their room. They barely made it back to Beca's room as Chloe couldn't stop pestering Beca and Wendy with kisses and giggle.

 

"Wendy, Irene is cute." Chloe wobbly pointed her finger toward Wendy as both of them were supporting her shoulder. Then, the drunk lady shifted her finger to her beautiful girlfriend. "But, my Beca is cuter."

 

"Chlo, we all know I am badass." The petite grunted in her drunk girlfriend's confession.

 

"But, you are so sweet to me." Chloe voiced out her confusion out, not sure why would her girlfriend couldn't admit that.

 

Beca was one of the sweetest people Chloe ever met.

 

Wendy knew it was best to keep quiet at the moment like this, though her teasing grin was annoying to Beca, at the moment.

 

"Don't you dare to say a word, I would kill you." Beca warned Wendy while she walked Wendy out of their room. Chloe quickly drifted into sleep once they settled her on the bed.

 

Wendy zipped while turning around to bid her goodbye. "Your secret is safe with me." Wendy made sure she threw a wink to her captain before going back to her room.

 

When Wendy entered, Joohyun was already wearing the grey hoody with the black sweat pants, sitting comfortably on the bed, scrolling her phone.

 

"Do you want to take a bath before sleep?" Joohyun casually asked, thinking she could wait for Seungwan before going to bed together.

 

"You wanted to take shower with me? I thought you are already wearing the pajamas?

 

"W-what? No! I was thinking I can wait for you and then we go to bed together." Joohyun choked and looked toward Seungwan, explaining her true intention.

 

Wendy laughed out loud at her flustered girlfriend, gathering the other pajamas and her towel.

 

"Okay, I will just clean my body, just washed my hair just now."

 

Before Wendy entered, Wendy turned around and warned Joohyun. (more like inviting?)

 

"Don't come in. Because I'll be ." 

 

Wendy threw a wink and then disappeared into the bathroom.

 

Joohyun could only stood there and watched Seungwan entering the bathroom. Gulping down her hormones, she decided to distract herself with some of the irrelevant videos showing in her phone.

 

When her mind drifted to somewhere else.

 

Someone else.

 

In no time, Wendy was already out, settling beside Joohyun, turning toward her girlfriend whose attention was still fixated on her phone. She spoke out to get her girlfriend's attention.

 

"So, lay on bed with me for the first time. How does it feel?" Wendy faked holding a mic to interview her girlfriend.

 

Her girlfriend chuckled. "We shared bed before, in the past. Several times actually."

 

"Ohh, we did. When? Tell me everything." Wendy lied down on the bed, with her head facing Joohyun.

 

"The first time was the night after the surprise party. The second was the last day of the orientation week. We were invited to watch Jessica to perform. And then, we even went to have supper. It was already near midnight after the supper, so you asked to stay overnight at my house..." Joohyun wasn't sure to tell the third sleeping over.

 

Wendy noticed the abrupt stopping of the sentence, prompting her girlfriend to continue.

 

"And?"

 

Joohyun wasn't sure it was a good idea to tell Seungwan about the impromptu sleeping over on Seungwan's birthday.

 

But, Joohyun always felt safe to show herself to Seungwan.

 

Thinking back the lyrics Seungwan sang to her.

 

Only when I'm with you, colors they showed through.

 

Joohyun thought Seungwan deserved to know their past.

 

Telling Seungwan the night they shared before.

 

To let Seungwan had a glimpse of their past.

 

"The last time we shared a bed was on your birthday. We went out and had a dinner in a group. But, after sending everybody home, we stayed in my car to talk. It was after you confessed to me." Joohyun muttered out while stealing glance toward Seungwan, quickly directing her attention back to her phone, when she met gaze with Seungwan.

 

Wendy was still facing her girlfriend the whole time, heard the mumble very clearly, sensing her girlfriend's anxiety.

 

Anxious about how would Wendy react.

 

Afraid of Wendy might pull away.

 

Blaming herself of misleading Seungwan after Seungwan confessed.

 

But, Wendy didn't want Joohyun whom she loved to trap herself inside the guilt.

 

It was in the past.

 

She didn't want Joohyun to stuck in the past.

 

When the future awaiting them was going to be so beautiful.

 

So, Wendy woke up from her lying position, taking away Joohyun's phone, gesturing her girlfriend to lie with her.

 

Joohyun was confused at first, but still complied nevertheless. Settling beside her girlfriend, the thump in her heart was even stronger when Seungwan smiled fondly to her.

 

Wendy reached out her hand toward Joohyun's hair, it even though it wasn't messy. And then, she tucked away a strand of hair behind Joohyun's ear, saying.

 

"I bet that night, I was dying to do this."

 

Wanting to do what Seungwan wanted to do on the night.

 

Wendy, then, grabbed Joohyun's hand, bringing it up to her lips, kissing it gently.

 

"And this."

 

Yet, Seungwan wasn't brave enough to let Joohyun know.

 

Couldn't muster the courage to do it.

 

She encircled her arm around Joohyun's waist, engulfing Joohyun into a hug, letting Joohyun to rest on the crook of her neck.

 

Mumbled to Joohyun's scalp.

 

"And this."

 

To show Joohyun just how Seungwan had always loved her.

 

Joohyun felt Seungwan's breath blowing on her scalp, toward her hair. With Seungwan's body temperature, it was the perfect warmth Joohyun wanted to sleep in.

 

Seungwan would always be Joohyun's personal heater.

 

Joohyun, then, felt Seungwan's lips grazed on her scalp, leaving a mark which disappeared too fast.

 

It was slow and soft.

 

But, Joohyun couldn't feel more loved.

 

"Good night, Joohyun."

 

Joohyun smiled at the memory, but yelped as her personal heater suddenly spoke.

 

Seungwan was supposed to be asleep.

 

"Why are you smiling in this early morning?"

 

"It was none of your business." Joohyun snuggled closer to Seungwan, burying her face to Seungwan's neck.

 

She hoped Seungwan wouldn't feel the warmth on her face.

 

"I think I have the right to know, if I am the reason to make you this smiley." Wendy teased while quirking up her eyebrows at her girlfriend's sudden defensive attitude.

 

"I-it's not!"

 

Wendy laughed, deciding not to tease the poor bunny in the early morning.

 

"Do you sleep well?" Joohyun retreated to look Seungwan in the eyes and asked.

 

Though Seungwan's hair was dishevelled, she still looked beautiful.

 

Joohyun wondered how Seungwan did it.

 

Being effortlessly breathtaking at anytime.

 

Wendy saw the sleepiness still hadn't fully left Joohyun, watching her bunny blinking the eyes to chase the slumber away.

 

Wendy chuckled at the cuteness.

 

Wendy leaned forward to brush her nose against Joohyun's nose, saying.

 

"I did, one of the best sleep I ever had. And you?"

 

Joohyun's breath hitched as Seungwan leaned forward. Her face blushed within a second, was completely flustered at the affection and nodded sheepishly.

 

"That day, when we got together. What made you kissed me?"

 

Joohyun always wanted to know, but couldn't find a proper timing to ask. Of course, they were always together most of times (they were inseparable, to be exact), they were either doing something else (what were you thinking, they were having dinner and spending time with each other) or there were people around them.

 

There wasn't a perfect timing like this, being not only physically close to each other, but also emotionally connected after last night (sleeping together on a bed, cuddling with each other, stop thinking about that, you ert)

 

"When we won. I ran off to the team, we were all hugging together. Then, I heard you guys shouting my name. I turned around and saw you shouting your lung out with Yerim. Seeing the smiles on you two's faces, I felt like I won a world championship or something."

 

Wendy's eyes didn't leave Joohyun's eyes while she said that. She, then, flashed a fond smile while taking Joohyun's hand and said.

 

"That's the moment I know I want you to be there for me."

 

"For my every single match."

 

Joohyun nodded, melting at the love Seungwan had been pouring her since that day.

 

They just stared at each other, definitely having no intention to leave the bed, wanted to enjoy their little bubble to the longest.

 

Wendy, then spoke up, Joohyun's face. "Can I ask you something?"

 

Joohyun hummed in comfort at Seungwan's caress.

 

"Why did you write me the letter?"

 

Wendy thought since she shared her thoughts with Joohyun, she might as well, clarify some of the question that had been bugging her since she met Joohyun.

 

Wendy saw hesitance flashing through Joohyun's eyes, but she waited.

 

Knowing Joohyun would tell her eventually.

 

Wendy recalled they did something like this before. Joohyun refused to tell her what was in her mind. Then, she reassured Joohyun she wouldn't leave her. It was after she confessed to Joohyun. She remembered Joohyun shed tears while saying that.

 

"I was afraid of losing you.." Joohyun mumbled, trying her best to control her emotions.

 

Joohyun wouldn't imagine she would tell Seungwan how she felt after what they went through.

 

"After you confessed to me, we spent two weeks ignoring each other, or trying to avoid each other. In the end, you couldn't take it anymore, and then we talked it out."

 

"Joohyun, we need to talk."  Seungwan finally mustered up her courage to approach Joohyun when they were left alone.

 

They hadn't been talking for weeks.

 

Whenever they met gaze, they would look away. Or they would still hang out, but they would talk to others, except each other. People around them could feel the awkwardness between the two but wouldn't ask the two about it.

 

Joohyun nodded hesitantly, stood up and followed Seungwan.

 

"Are we good? Why aren't we talking?" Seungwan asked, wondering the reason behind the cold war between them.

 

"I-I thought you wanted us to stop spending time together."  Joohyun quoted the same words said by Seungwan.

 

"But, I didn't mean to have us to be this awkward in front of other people." 

 

"I...I"

 

"That two weeks, I thought that would be the end of us. But then, we were fine after we talked it out. We went back like how we used to be. So, I just wanted to know let you know you are important to me. I couldn't imagine my life without you..."

 

But, she still lost Seungwan.

 

After the phonecall.

 

Joohyun's voice cracked as the tears that Joohyun had been trying to hold back came rushing out from her eyes.

 

The regret of leaving Seungwan behind.

 

Of giving up on what they had.

 

The hollow inside her haunted her when she was in Japan.

 

No matter how hard she tried to fill it.

 

Busied herself with all kind of activities.

 

Activities that she would never had the courage to try if she was in Korea.

 

Because this was what Seungwan always hoped Joohyun would do.

 

Hoping Joohyun to step out of her comfort zone.

 

"Joohyun, follow your heart. Don't spend your time hesitating. And then, spend time regretting of not doing it."

 

But, the void in her heart couldn't be fill.

 

When the guy confessed his feelings to Joohyun.

 

She, then only realized Seungwan had a piece of her.

 

Which she didn't know she already gave it to Seungwan since long time ago.

 

The tears seemed to have no sign of stopping, lying beside Seungwan, telling Seungwan how she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter