NEWBIE

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is Boss Ji’s office.” Gahee, the receptionist at BB21, pointed to a frosted glass door that bore the initials CEO.

“Boss Ji?” Mino asked. It’s his first day at the ad agency as an Art Director.

The petite lady smiled back at him. “That’s how he wants us to call him.”

Mino nodded in reply. He tried his best to hide his grin, as he imagined teasing his brother later about his work name.

 

No one knows that Song Mino, a last minute applicant last Thursday, was actually the CEO’s half brother. He just landed from New York last week, and badly needed a job.

Good thing his brother came to his rescue. He flew back to Korea from a conference when he found out that he’s back.

Gahee is giving him the tour. The ad agency occupies the entire floor of one of the towering buildings in Itaewon.

The left wing is where all the accounts and other departments are taking space, while the creatives are on the opposite wing.

 

A massive pantry separates the two sections where a couple of employees are currently having breakfast. One of the guys waved and winked at Gahee, who rolled her eyes away from him in return.

“Gahee, wait.” A voice called behind them.

He turned to see Boss Ji smiling at him. He tried to keep his face as passive as possible before he breaks into laughter at the sight of his brother. They have agreed not to tell everyone about their connection.

“Good morning, Boss Ji! I’m just giving the newbie a quick tour.” Gahee brightly greeted him.

“Is he the newbie? Can I talk to him at my office first?” Jiyong tried to keep a straight face seeing Mino’s exaggerated smile towards him.

“Sure, boss.” She turned and joined the guys at the pantry.

 

Mino followed Jiyong inside his office.

“Yes, Boss Ji?” He snarled at his brother as a soft pillow was thrown at him.

“I can’t do this, Mino. .” Jiyong let go of the laugh he’s been keeping since he saw his brother outside.

“This was your idea!” Mino barked at him, cradling the pillow previously thrown at him.

“Because you said you don’t want to attract any attention!” He snickered back at him.

“Well, that’s still true.” Mino said as he prepared to stand and leave his office.

“Just try to make friends. Guys at the Creatives are a fun bunch. I’m sure Seunghoon will immediately chat you up. Besides, Dara’s going to be there to watch out for you.” Jiyong said as he opened his laptop.

“Dara noona, huh. Hyung, how is she?” Mino stepped closer to his brother’s desk. Jiyong pursed his lips, trying to keep himself busy by opening up his drawers looking for something.

“Well, she’s better. I’m not really sure if she has completely recovered...Why are we talking about this? Go out there and start working. You’re on the clock now.” He pointed to the digital clock on his desk.

 

Mino knew better not to push the subject to his brother. He went outside and looked for Gahee to continue the office tour.

He saw the guys from the pantry making their way towards him and greeted them. They all seem like a fun bunch, just like what his brother said.

 

--------

 

“See?” Seunghoon nudged Hanbin who just got in. They were walking back to their office space.

“Holy , he looks just like Boss Ji.” Hanbin muttered.

“So, were they just acting earlier?” Anda joined them with her green tea steaming from her mug.

“That’s a funny thought. Wanna bet?” Seunghoon teased, and they all groaned. This has always been his favorite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter