PROBLEMS

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngbae and Hyorin, along with Bom and Dongwook looked on as Dara and Jiyong busied themselves in the kitchen.

 

The two invited them over for dinner as soon as they landed from Jeju to celebrate their decision to live together.

 

“This is going to be a disaster.” Youngbae muttered from behind his beer bottle. 

 

Bom shook her head too. “Remember when they were just two friends trying not to be in a relationship?”

 

Her husband took the wine glass from her and set it on the table. “That’s your second glass now, dear, and the dinner hasn’t been served yet.”

 

“Maybe it won’t be that bad. I mean, they look cute. Look at them.” Hyorin sighed as she watched Jiyong tuck Dara’s hair away from her face.

 

“One week. They’ve only been together for a week.” Youngbae grunted.

 

“At least we did our part of telling them it’s not a good idea.” Bom took the wine glass again, making Dongwook chuckle.

 

“You and your wine, woman. I’m going to have to carry you back home.” He stretched out his arms and Bom kissed his bicep. 

 

“You love carrying me around.” She told him. Dongwook winked at her.

 

Hyorin then snuggled her husband. “I feel like a bad friend for thinking things will be a disaster.”

 

“Only time will tell if we’re wrong. For the meantime, let’s just let them have this moment.” Youngbae sighed as he kissed Hyorin’s head.

 

“Dinner’s ready!” Dara announced, as she started placing the dishes on the table.

 

“Want more wine?” Jiyong asked Bom.

 

“Yay!” She answered with a smile.

 

Dongwook shook his head to hide his laugh. “You and your wine, woman. You and your wine.”

 

--------

 

The euphoria of the getaway lingered on Monday that people are still jumping all over.

 

They are still celebrating their highs that no one noticed the quiet space between Mino and Jisoo.

 

Mino took a glance at her and braved himself to talk. “I’m meeting Irene tonight.”

 

She almost snapped her head looking at him. “Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

Jisoo started to nod her head, trying to come up with something to say.

 

“Good for you.”

 

Mino then started to move to her desk. He drummed his fingertips on her table and cleared his throat. “How about you? Any plans tonight?”

 

“I’m meeting Sunmi.”

 

He waited for her to say who Sunmi is, but she seemed distracted. “Who’s Sunmi again?”

 

Jisoo looked at him, and quickly avoided his eyes. “My therapist.”

 

“Right, right.” Mino answered. Things are awkward between them and he hated it, so he slowly moved back to his desk. Seunghoon turned to him and winked. 

 

“Meeting Irene tonight?”

 

Mino was hesitant about it, but Seulgi promised that there’s no pressure about this date.

 

“She seems pretty nice.”

 

“She really is. You’ll see.” Seunghoon earnestly nodded his head.

 

“Why do I get a feeling that there’s some weird bet thrown into this?” Mino asked him.

 

Hoon just stood up and danced lazily to Chanhyuk’s playlist, a Daft Punk track.

 

“It’s like you don’t know me at all, Mino.”

 

--------

 

She really is pretty.

 

Divinely beautiful with just the right amount of iness.

 

Irene is a goddess.

 

And yet, Mino doesn't feel any connection.

 

She just finished looking at the menu and smiled at him. "So, do you want to make plans on how to destroy Seunghoon and Seulgi?"

 

Mino started to laugh. She has a bite of feistiness too. Just like Jisoo.

 

Why is he even thinking of her?

 

He shook his head to get rid of her in his mind. Mino turned his attention to his date and enjoyed the beauty in front of him. "What kind of plans do you have in mind?"

 

Irene scrunched her face to think. Mino liked that she's not afraid to look silly, even in front of a stranger.

 

"How about I order a ridiculous bouquet of flowers for Seulgi named under Seunghoon while you order a huge teddy bear and have it sent to him under her name?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter