MESS

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bobby eyed him as soon as they joined their table.

The girls initially hugged each other and giggled like they haven’t seen each other for a year, which isn’t entirely wrong. Apparently, Lisa has been away and just returned from Bangkok.

 

“This is Mino, by the way. He’s an Art Director at BB21.” Jennie introduced him.

Lisa waved him a hand, “Hello!” She was bright and cheerful, and based on her hand not leaving Bobby’s on the table, she’s completely smitten too with the bastard.

Bobby lifted his arm from Lisa’s shoulder and extended his hand to Mino. “Bobby.”

He shoot out his hand for a handshake, although he really wanted his hand to connect to his jaw.

 

Jennie was just the right company to this dinner, despite the unnecessary sweetness between the other couple sharing their table. Bobby sure can’t stop being touchy to Lisa and it’s making him angrier than ever.

 

Is this sudden burst of anger about Jisoo? She then looked at Jennie, their eyes met and she just smiled at him.

 

When their food arrived, Lisa took the time to ask about Mino. “How long have you been working at the agency?”

“Third week now.”

“You’re an Art Director, right? So you must know our friend Jisoo!” Lisa sounded thrilled, while her boyfriend almost choked on a pasta. Who even chokes on a pasta? A two-timing tard, apparently.

“I’m friends with her.” He answered, earning a glare from the choking bastard.

“Do you remember Seunghoon? The guy who always makes bets at work? Mino dated Jisoo last Friday because of him.” Jennie shared the story while laughing, as if it’s not a big deal.

Meanwhile, he can sense Bobby’s mind working as he downed his beer in one go.

“So you dated Chichi and now you’re with Jennie? Lucky guy.” He scoffed at him.

“Oh stop it, Bob. We’re not really dating.” Jennie continued her laughing stance, as if everything is just casual, and Bobby is just joking. But deep inside, he can already feel that the guy wanted to skin him alive. He needed a diversion. He knows how to pick his battles, and he will certainly not put Jisoo in a compromising position with her friends.

 

“Who’s Chichi?” He asked.

“That’s Jisoo’s nickname.” Lisa answered, while slowly rubbing her thumb on Bobby’s knuckles on the table.

“Jisoo loves nicknames, even if it’s as cringey as Baby Ji. I haven’t really called her that at work. I just haven’t gotten used to it.” Jennie shared.

“That’s because your boss is a complete for giving her that name.” Bobby reached for another bottle of beer. Mino clenched his jaw, and Jennie was quick to hold his hand that’s already forming into fists.

“Bobby, Mino is actually our boss’ brother.” She said quietly. Lisa shifted her seat closer to Bobby. This dinner is a complete mess.

“Really?” The other guy smirked.

“And you’re friends with Jisoo? That’s ed up, man. Did you know your brother has a thing for her?”

Mino frowned so hard, his head hurt upon hearing what Bobby just said.

“Hey, Bob. You know that’s not true.” Jennie was already moving her chair, preparing to drag Mino out, probably.

“I don’t know you, Bobby, but I’m pretty damn sure I know my brother. Stop dropping like that or I swear you’ll just embarrass yourself in front of your girlfriend.

Lisa took that as a cue to hug Bobby. “Let’s just get the tab and go, Bob.”

 

Bobby shook Lisa away from him and left just like that. Tears started to fall down her face, and Jennie looked mad.

“Don’t go after him, Lisa. I’ll drive you and Jennie away from here. Let me pay for this meal too. I’m sorry about what happened here.” Mino said as Lisa’s quivering tears softened his stance.

The girls did not protest, and Jennie asked that he drop them to Lisa’s house.

“Mino, I’m sorry about what happened. Can you please not tell Jisoo about this?” Jennie said before leaving his car.

“Ok, I won’t tell her.”

 

--------

 

Jisoo left the Dungeon earlier than she intended to. Her head is aching, and she needs to finish a brand discussion script that’s due tomorrow morning.

If her pounding headache wasn’t enough, her chest started to pound just as hard when she saw Bobby outside her apartment.

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

Bobby looked furious. “Where the hell have you been?”

“You have no right to question me like that, Jiwon.” She said, brushing him aside.

Bobby was quick to intercept her closing the door, and entered her place. She can only close her eyes and pray that this does not end up to be another regret.

“Are you dating someone, Chichi?” Bobby suddenly asked her,

Her mind first drifted to Mino.

“No.”

He smirked at her, sensing the hesitation on her reply.

“Are you sure?”

“What is this game now, Jiwon?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter