VISITORS

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungyoon was waiting for Jisoo at the lobby of their office building the next day.

 

Since Mino lives just a couple of blocks away, they decided to enjoy the nice weather to walk.

 

“Have you been to Mino’s house before?” Jisoo asked him.

 

Yoon took a sip of his coffee before answering her. “Not yet. We planned to sleepover there one time, but Boss Ji was staying over with a friend.”

 

“Are we going to see Boss Ji there now? Cause that would be awkward, and I’m not good with awkward.” She said as she pressed her coffee cup to her lips to cool it down a bit.

 

“Didn’t you know? Boss Ji just moved in with Ms. Dee. Thought you would know that of all people.” He .

 

But she really had no idea. 

 

“No one told me about it! Besides, it’s none of my business.” She shrugged the slight irritation she felt. Mino must have forgotten to tell her about this one, add to the things she hates about the guy these days.

 

When they stopped at a pastry shop to grab some food for breakfast, she decided then to change the topic.

 

“So, how are you and your girlfriend now, Yoon? It’s Minji, right?” Jisoo knew from Hayi that Seungyoon is in a long-distance relationship with someone from Busan.

 

“Her name is Eunji. We’re actually celebrating our 10th year anniversary next month.” His tone softened, as his smile reached from ear to ear at the mention of his girlfriend.

 

“Ten years? You’ve been dating her since…” She trailed off realizing they were high school sweethearts.

 

“Since we were 16, yes. I think some people call it childhood sweethearts.” He was blushing, and Jisoo couldn’t help but envy Eunji, that despite their distance, Yoon is still so in love with her.

 

“You’re such a romantic, and she’s a lucky girl.” She sighed back to her coffee as they started to leave the pastry shop. Yoon handed her a soft pretzel coated with Nutella.

 

“Nah. I’m the lucky one.” He smiled back at Jisoo.

 

“When will I ever find a man like you?” She whispered to herself, but loud enough for Yoon to hear.

 

“Are you looking hard enough, Jisoo? Because he may just be right in front of you.” Yoon said as she continued to tear the soft pretzel and eat it.

 

“Well, if only life is just that easy.” She sighed as she looked straight ahead.

 

And her heart dropped.

 

Mino was standing in front of her.

 

--------

 

“You two are early.”

 

Mino said as he saw Yoon and Jisoo walking outside his apartment building.

 

“What are you doing here outside?” Yoon asked him.

 

He tried to keep his eyes open as he started to walk closer to them. “I kind of just woke up, and realized I have nothing to feed you. So here I am, going to the convenience store for some snacks.”

 

“We brought bread and pastries.” Yoon lifted the paper bag he was holding.

 

Mino then saw Jisoo nibbling on a pretzel covered in Nutella.

 

“That looks good, Sooyah. Can I have a bite?”

 

She just handed the pretzel to him without saying a word. 

 

“Are you ok? You look pale.” He almost touched her face but she stepped back easily.

 

“I’m...I need...uhm...I’m...I want coffee.” She mumbled. Mino frowned, seeing a cup of coffee in her hand.

 

“Do you need another cup?” He asked, while Yoon started to stifle a laugh.

 

“Water. I mean, water. Let’s go to the convenience store for water. Right. I need water. Not coffee.” She walked ahead leaving the two guys.

 

“What the hell happened to her?” Mino asked Yoon.

 

He started to laugh and walk after her. “I don’t know, I guess reality struck her.”

 

--------

 

Jiyong woke up to a sunny view and a hungry stomach.

 

He took a train to Busan with Dara last night to visit her mom. They immediately fell asleep as soon as they got to their house, where he woke up to Dara’s old room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter