AFTERMATH

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where the hell did you go last night?” Seunghoon welcomed Mino.

 

“I got a call from a friend.” He doesn’t want to elaborate further, but he can’t wait to tell Jisoo about it. Maybe ask her opinion about attending Jiho’s dinner too.

 

“You missed out on a lot of fun, my friend.” Deukie chided as he sat behind his desk.

 

Hanbin just got in, but Mino can see he also has a story to tell.

 

“What did I miss?” He asked the guys.

 

“The craziest drinking game of categories. Jisoo really is made for drinking parties.” Hanbin said as he put his bag under his desk.

 

He joined the huddle around his desk and Seungyoon joined in. “That Jinyoung guy was fun too. They were a good tandem.”

 

Mino frowned. “Who’s Jinyoung?”

 

“Seulgi’s friend from middle school. She won the bet, by the way.” Seunghoon pouted, but it was clear that he doesn't really mind. It made Mino realize he and Seulgi are really in a good relationship.

 

“Man, I wish I was there. The meetup with an old friend just frustrated me.” He really regretted leaving the Dungeon.

 

“Well, if you did not leave the Dungeon, Jisoo may not have bonded with Jinyoung and the drinking game would never have happened.” Seungyoon said as he swiveled his chair left to right, his words sounding heavy to Mino’s ears.

 

“We could have come up with the game too.” He defended himself. He is fun too.

 

Anda sat on Jisoo’s desk. “They actually look cute.”

 

Now that caught his attention. Who the hell is this Jinyoung?

 

“I was about to start a bet that he would ask her out, but he actually did last night.” Seunghoon casually said as he started to go back to his desk.

 

“Wouldn’t be surprised. He couldn’t take her eyes off Baby Ji.” Seungyoon added, while looking at Mino as if waiting for him to say something.

 

Mino felt an itch at the back of his head and irritation blew him over.

 

“I’ll get coffee.” 

 

He stood up and did not return at the Creatives for a while.

 

To make things worse, Jisoo was out of the office the entire day for a meeting.

 

--------

 

Dara spent the morning resting, as Jiyong ordered.

 

Around lunch time, a delivery came to her door steps. Jiyong ordered samgyetang to help ease her stomach pain.

 

She was browsing her phone while eating lunch when she saw Taeyeon’s Instagram story last night. It’s a photo of a restaurant's table centerpiece with the caption FINGERS CROSSED.

 

Fingers crossed that the date would end well. Dara completed Taeyeon's words.

 

The next one is a shot of a margarita at a bar captioned with THE AFTERMATH.

 

After-dinner drinks at the bar because we had too much fun. She filled in the blanks.

 

Her chest tightened as she tried to push the food to . It looked like their dinner went just fine. They even moved to a bar to get drinks.

 

She stopped eating and threw her phone on the couch. She already lost her appetite.

 

Dara thought that Jiyong’s care for her that morning meant different, when all along, he was just being a friend. 

 

She dragged her feet back to bed and slept until she woke at the feel of a hand brushing her forehead.

 

“Did I wake you up?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter