REGRETS

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino still couldn’t understand how Monday feels like a Friday. Seunghoon is going around inviting people at the Dungeon tonight.

 

He has just recovered from his drunken weekend, and here comes a promise of another night of drinks.

 

“Are we celebrating your beer allergy?” Jisoo spoke beside him, making him laugh and look at her. Their eyes met and the familiarity formed over the weekend made him feel closer to her.

 

“Well, since the secret is out, might as well introduce my beautiful girlfriend to everyone. She’s bringing some friends too, so brush your teeth and comb your hair, guys. Her friends are just as beautiful as her.” Seunghoon told them, making Byungjae pump his fist in the air.

 

“I hope you guys are excited for the new client.” Dara entered the Creatives and they all slowly get back to work.

 

“Wow, Ms. Dee. You look extra pretty today. Meeting someone tonight?” Byungjae .

 

Mino looked at Dara and saw her wearing a fitting red dress with her hair down in natural waves. His eyes then turned to Jisoo, but she was frowning. 

 

“Is she going out with the doctor?” 

 

He almost forgot about that, because Jiyong asked for his help to choose a shirt for his date tonight.

 

“She’s going out with my brother!” He whispered to her. Her eyes widen in shock, and moved closer to him, their heads dropped as they talk in whispers.

 

Someone cleared , and they both looked up to Jennie. “Hi guys!” Her greeting was a tad more cheerful and Mino saw Jisoo blush.

 

He didn’t know what to make out of it, but he just shrugged it off. 

 

“We need you at the conference room, Chi.” She called Jisoo.

 

When they left, Mino saw Seungyoon smiling at him, like he just uncovered a huge secret.

 

--------

 

Dara avoided Jiyong the entire morning. She hid at the conference room with Jennie, Jisoo and Anda.

 

Someone opened the door, and they all looked up to see Jiyong, followed by Hanbin, Mino and Jinhwan.

 

“Sorry.” He muttered and closed the door.

 

She barely got the chance to say anything and the indifference between them is hurting her more than she thought it would.

 

“Ms. Dee?” Jisoo asked her.

 

Her attention went to her and realized she forgot what they were talking about. She excused herself for a while, and went to the restroom.

 

She wanted to cry as she feels Jiyong slowly slipping away from her. And maybe, after tonight, he will.

 

--------

 

Jiyong held the doorknob of the conference room an hour after he first opened it. He couldn’t stand the indifference between him and Dara.

 

He knocked twice before opening the door.

 

It was just Jisoo and Dara inside the room, and they were busy at the other end of the room for them to realize he was there.

 

“...you should definitely try it, Ms. Dee.” He heard Jisoo’s voice.

 

Dara laughed at her. “We’re just going out as friends.”

 

“That may be true, but just try to set aside that friendship and try to see him as a man. You may just surprise yourself that the right one has been in front of you all along.” Jisoo said in a dreamy voice. 

 

“You think so?” Dara asked as she straightened up, their backs still against him.

 

Jiyong started walking towards them. “I think so.”

 

They both looked at him sporting the same shocked reaction. Jisoo quickly smiled at him.

 

“Hi, Boss Ji! I’ll go ahead, Ms. Dee.”

 

Dara bit her lower lip and tried to smile.

 

“You were eavesdropping.” 

 

“I knocked and I thought you two heard me come in.” He told her, as he tried to keep his heart calm. Dara in that red dress is making him want to cage her in his arms and never let go.

 

She just nodded and looked down on her feet. She’s nervous. 

 

“How was your meeting?” Jiyong asked her to help ease up the tension. They were both workaholics, and diverting the topic in that direction is the sure way to even the situation.

 

“We just ran through the social media report for Bom. We’re meeting her tomorrow to discuss about the expansion of the contract too.” Words easily flew out of her, as her tone relaxes.

 

“Do you need me to join the meeting tomorrow?” He asked, hoping to spend more time with her. Meetings with Bom usually take up most of the day.

 

“No, I’m good. I’m bringing Jennie and Jisoo.” She smiled at him, and then it quickly disappeared as she started to make her way to the door.

 

“Dee…” He didn’t know why he called her.

 

She turned to him with an expecting face. 

 

Jiyong stood there with no words to offer her. “Good luck on your date.”

 

The look on her face from that night at POS returned but it’s what she said after that struck him.

 

“Good luck with you and Taeyeon too. Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter