DEAL

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara woke up to the smell of sweet butter and strong coffee. She stayed up late last night, feeling guilty of throwing Jiyong out. In the middle of the night though, she heard the front  open, and then her room. She saw Jiyong’s silhouette by the door and she waited for him to sleep beside her, but he stepped back to sleep on the couch instead.

 

Feeling a bit relieved that at least he decided to stay, she fell asleep in an instant.

 

This morning, she vowed to make it up to him. They should talk about what happened and she wanted to insist her stand on the matter. Dara stood up and went to the shower and prepared herself to work before meeting Jiyong.

 

As soon as she stepped into the kitchen, she saw him wearing his pants to work and a simple shirt, maybe to avoid getting his clothes messed up while cooking. 

 

On the table are piles of waffle and a pot of coffee. She bit her lip to hide the smile on her face. She moved behind him, in front of the pan sweating some strips of bacon.

 

All the anger she had for him are slowly melting away as she moved closer to him. Her arms circled his waist and she waited for him to relax before leaning her head on his back. 

 

“Thank you.” She whispered to him.

 

Jiyong leaned back to her and rubbed her hands that are placed on his stomach. He placed the cooked strips of meat on a plate and turned to her.

 

“Good morning, Dee.” He kissed her nose like they always do in the morning.

 

She tried to hide the guilt on her face with a smile and kissed his nose too. “Good morning, Ji.”

 

Dara felt the guilt brewing inside Jiyong too, and maybe, they both wanted to say something.

 

“Let’s have breakfast first?” She asked him.

 

He nodded and led her to the kitchen counter. Dara prepared their coffee while Jiyong stacked food on their plates.

 

They started to eat in silence, until Jiyong held her hand, making her look up to him. “I’m sorry.”

 

Even though Dara prepared a long speech to scold him, his apology has already made her feel better. 

 

“I’m sorry, too.”

 

Jiyong’s face lit up, and maybe she did too, because his sigh released all the tension he was carrying.

 

“I’m new to this thing between us, Dara. I know what you’re trying to tell me yesterday, but I’m too stubborn to listen. I should have trusted you, but it’s me who I can’t trust. I don’t know how to be a boyfriend yet. I mean, at least I know the basics.” He smiled like a teenage boy saying this.

 

“But getting into the mature side of this relationship is a challenge to me. I thought having you means I have to protect you from other guys trying to snatch you away from me, but it should be about me trying my best so you won’t have reasons to leave me.” Jiyong admitted with a tortured look on his face. That was enough for her to forget what happened yesterday.

 

“So I guess you talked to Mino?” She .

 

“He really is more experienced between us.” He grinned back, enjoying the calm she’s giving him.

 

“Don’t I know it.” She pinched his nose. 

 

Dara let out a sigh and leaned closer to him. “I should have been more calm yesterday. I shouldn’t have forced you to fight with me. I just felt like you don’t trust my judgement in doing my job. It’s something we both need to get used to.” Dara at least wanted him to consider this.

 

“I know, I know. I acted on impulse and I forgot how to act professionally. I guess I was just triggered when I saw Jieun and Jiho come out of the office. It feels like they’re taunting us.” His face started to look mad again.

 

She reached out to his brows to straighten the frown on his face and smiled. That actually made him relax. “We’ll get through this, Ji. If Mino says he can do it, then we should too. But that doesn’t mean we’ll let them just play around him. I won’t let anything happen to Mino.”

 

“You have no idea how happy I am to know that your team has his back. That email from Seungyoon and the simple chat I had with Seunghoon at the elevator assured me that he’s going to be fine.” He told her.

 

“What did Seunghoon tell you?”

 

Jiyong smirked. “He told me to prepare a raise for what they’re about to do to help Mino.”

 

Dara laughed at this. “Maybe we should.”

 

--------

 

The door opens and Gahee greeted Boss Ji and Miss Dee. She couldn't help but notice how their hands are clasped together, and before they went to their own offices, the two kissed adorably.

 

She immediately sent a message to the employee chat box. 

 

Seunghoon loses the bet.

 

In the corner of the office, Seunghoon screams.

 

“NOOOOOOOO!”

 

--------

 

Days pass and Jisoo found herself enjoying the hectic nature of her job again. She’s in between campaigns and copywriting and editing materials, but it was the Good Day Coffee project that’s making her itch to do better.

 

She’s done everything to prepare herself for it. She bought the coffee, and tasted all the variants. She reviewed its competitors and their current campaigns. She had everything listed down, and she’s working with Seungyoon to finish the video scripts and storylines.

 

“So the first video is about her usual morning routine. How she wakes up, prepares her breakfast and things she does at home.” Seungyoon started discussing with the Creatives team involved in the project.

 

“Second video is about her midday activities. How the Good Day continues as she meets up with her friends and enjoy an iced coffee with pastries. A catching up sequence, showing her relaxed self with her friends.” Jisoo continued.

 

Mino talked quietly at the far end of the conference room. “You’ll need to get actors for that. Jieun doesn’t have a lot of girl f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter