SURRENDER

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Haru-yah, are you sleeping already?”

 

Jisoo was in her bed when Tablo knocked on her door.

 

“I’m just in bed, dad. You can come in.”

 

He went inside and sat at the edge of her bed. “Tell me what’s wrong, baby.”

 

Jisoo snorted at her father’s baby talk, but that quickly disappeared when the question sunk in. 

 

What’s wrong?

 

“I want to forget.” She closed her eyes as the word came out.

 

“Hyunbin told me about the therapy. I think you’re doing the right thing, sweetheart.” He cooed her.

 

She sat up and faced her father. “I know I needed help, but I still don’t know how to talk about it. I’m so scared. I keep lying to myself that I’m going to do it, but I can’t.”

 

Tablo moved closer to her. “Jinwoo would want you to forget.”

 

The name triggered her tears to fall. “Why can’t I just let this go, dad? When will this be over?”

 

“It will only be over when you’re free, Haru. Free yourself of the pain, and there’s no other way to do that than to feel it.” He held her hand.

 

“I can’t do it.” She started to tear up.

 

“Why, sweetheart?” Her father moved closer.

 

Jisoo hugged her knees close to her chest. “I don’t want to go back to those days. The feeling of losing him. The guilt I felt when I saw his parents at the hospital. The shame I felt for putting you all in a spot. And just looking at him with a blank look on his face. I can’t, dad.”

 

“You’ve already done it now, Haru. Saying all those things mean that you’ve come back. And it will always hurt, until it stops. I’ll be with you every step of the way.”

 

She nodded and hugged her father.

 

Just surrender to the pain. 

 

--------

 

Jiyong and Dara moved to her place to watch a movie. Mino wasn’t home yet, but he’s not taking any chances.

 

He doesn’t even know how to tell everyone else about it.

 

He checked his watch and smiled. It’s exactly two hours since his best friend became his girlfriend.

 

“What do we do now, Ji?” He looked down to her cuddled form close to his chest and brushed her hair aside.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

She shifted her position to sit up and looked at him. “How are we going to tell the kids? Do we tell them?”

 

The kids.

 

“I think our kids should know about us, Dee. We can make an announcement tomorrow.”

 

Dara laughed her infectious laugh and Jiyong wanted to kiss her again.

 

“You’re really excited to tell them, huh?” 

 

He kissed her cheek, because he couldn’t just resist feeling her close to him. “I’m pretty sure there’s an ongoing bet out there by Seunghoon. Those who bet for us should get a bonus, don’t you think?”

 

She laughed again, and Jiyong suddenly made it his mission to always hear that laughter from her.

 

“I think we should let them know when Jisoo gets back.” Dara leaned to his chest and he hugged her tight.

 

“Of course. We should wait for our number one supporter.” He kissed the top of her head.

 

“You’re a kissy boyfriend, Ji.” She finally noticed.

 

He held her chin up so their eyes would meet. “You feel uncomfortable about it?”

 

She bit her lip and smiled. “I’m just making an observation. No need to be defensive about it.”

 

“OK then.” He leaned down for another kiss.

 

She was giggling and the sound she makes reaches to Jiyong’s spine.

 

“So, we act like normal people back to work until Jisoo returns?” Dara asked.

 

Jiyong leaned back on his seat and started laughing. “This is just like that time Mino pretended not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter