REBOUND

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo was running late.

 

She overslept after having a “quick drink” with Jinyoung last night. She knew she will regret saying yes to his abrupt invitation in the morning, because here she is now, wobbling to get to the door in time. 

 

“It’s ing like high school all over again.” She told herself as she ran past Gahee and to the Creatives room.

 

“I’m here! I’m here!” She said without looking up. Huge mistake.

 

There was no one in the room.

 

She panicked and checked her calendar only to see that today is their monthly meeting. Cursing under her breath, she grabbed her laptop and notepad and went to the conference room.

 

“Oh look, there she is!” She heard Seunghoon as soon as she opened the door.

 

“Sorry, Ms. Dee.” Jisoo offered an apologetic smile to her boss. Ms. Dee is nice and sweet and all, but she doesn’t like people being late.

 

But to her surprise, she was actually smiling, and that’s when she noticed the breakfast spread on the table. Breakfast sandwiches, waffles and muffins are lined up in the middle with cups of coffee for each person in the room. 

 

“It’s fine, Jisoo. I came in late as well.” Dara cleared , as if trying to hide the embarrassment. “To make up for it, I’ve decided to push the meeting in the next hour. We’re just having our first breakfast meeting.”

 

At the corner of her eye, Jisoo saw Mino right away. Naturally, she went to his side of the table. Chanhyuk was sitting beside him, and when he stood up, she thought he was offering the seat to her.

 

Which she took.

 

Chanhyuk returned with the muffin he was eyeing from the other side of the table and saw Jisoo on his seat. Seungyoon gestured for him to just take the next chair.

 

“Is that coffee?” Jisoo asked Mino as she settled her things on the table.

 

“You look like you need one.” He said as he pushed the cup close to her.

 

“I should really lay low in the alcohol. I’ve been drinking for five days straight now.” She groaned, while massaging her temples.

 

Seungyoon, who was sitting on Mino’s other side joined in. “But you write your best when you’re drunk, Baby Ji.”

 

Jisoo smiled back at him, looking proud herself. “I’m not sure if that’s a compliment, but I’ll take it.”

 

She was eating the sandwich Mino gave her and stopped when she noticed he was staring at her.

 

“Well…?” He asked.

 

“Well what?” She frowned at him.

 

“Why were you drinking last night?” Mino asked, looking really curious.

 

She took a sip of her coffee before launching on her story. “Oh, I got an invite from a new friend. After the meeting with Ms. Bom yesterday, Boss Ji told us we can go home already. So I did. I was trying to decide what to eat when I got an invite. I can’t say no to free food and drinks, you know me. One drink became four bottles of ONE beer and two tequila shots and here I am.”

 

“Is any of those two a body shot at least?” Seunghoon piped in from across the table.

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes. “Shut it, Aru.”

 

Everyone else who heard Jisoo laughed, except Mino.

 

“Looks like I missed a lot from that night.” 

 

“Yes, you did! You still owe me lunch by the way.” She said as she finished her sandwich.

 

“So are you going to tell me who the guy is? Or what’s so funny about A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter