BET

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino was once again ushered by Seunghoon and co. for drinks on the second day.

They were having beer at a lowkey bar near their office building, YGX.

“Is that Hayi again?” Deukie asked Hanbin, who’s busy typing on his phone.

“Nah. It’s my sister. Wants me to bring home a box of donuts.” He asked not looking up at them.

“Hayi would never nag Hanbin. She’s cool like that.” Seungyoon said.

“If I didn’t know you have a girlfriend, I’d actually think you have a thing for Hi.” Deukie laughed as Hanbin glared at him.

“Speaking of girlfriends, do you have one, Mino?” Seunghoon asked while stuffing his face with a handful of spicy french fries.

“Nope.” He smiled as he chugged his beer down. Hanbin handed him another from their bucket.

“I heard Jennie’s been crushing on you. Heard them talking about you at the pantry earlier.” Seungyoon looked his way with a stupid grin in his face.

“She’s nice, but so does the other girls.” It’s true. Most of the girls have been nice to him, even Jisoo later that day.

“Well, there goes the theory that everyone’s got a crush on you. Even Hayi can’t stop looking at you last night. I think it’s the Boss Ji lookalike thing you have.” Hanbin scowled at him.

Mino laughed along with Seunghoon, but the other guy may be laughing for a different reason.

“I’m not here to date, especially at work. Not again.” He regretted saying it as Seunghoon made an annoying noise beside him.

“Got tangled on a bad office romance?” He asked.

“No, not really. Let’s not talk about it.” Mino said as he tried his best to fake a smile. It’s only been a month since his last breakup and he’s still damaged.

“Hey, don’t turn your back on the concept of office romance. Look at me and Hi.” Hanbin proudly raised a fist in the air, and Mino thought he looked funny.

“Nothing against the concept, it’s just too early for me to go around and think of going out on dates.” Mino leaned back on his chair lazily.

“Fine. But do you find any girl interesting at work? How about Jisoo?” Seunghoon asked.

His hand suddenly felt cold at the mention of her name. Maybe there is something in her that makes him tick, but he doesn’t want to entertain the thought.

“She’s weird.” That was the best he can say about her and he at it.

“She is, but Jisoo’s actually very pretty too. Nice hair, nice lips, nice brain, and wait til you see her in a skirt. Those legs-” Seunghoon said as Deukie cut him off.

“Hey, that’s Baby Ji. Stop describing her like that.”

“Oh, I’m not thinking of her that way. Just stating a fact here. She’s all nice but she’s a badass too. I bet you won’t get a chance to date her.” Seunghoon continued and the other guys started to groan at what he just said. It seems like this kind of talk happened before.

“I’m not planning on asking her anyway.” Mino raised his beer bottle to cheer and drank from it.

“Because you won’t stand a chance.” The guy continued to , and somehow he feels kind of insulted.

“Don’t push it, Hoony.” Seungyoon called out Seunghoon.

“Want to bet on it?” He finally said the magic word.

Mino laughed as he recalled all the times people at work asked him to stay away from Seunghoon’s bets.

“Give me until Friday.” He smirked at Seunghoon as he offered a hand to seal the deal.

“Hundred bucks if you don’t get to ask her out.” And the other guys cheered them on.

Maybe it’s the alcohol talking, or he really just needed to prove something. Mino went home with a smile and some plans to think of in his mind. He’s never been this thrilled since he moved to New York, and it’s just his second day at work.

 

-------

 

“Morning.” Jisoo greeted everyone inside the Creatives with her lowest tone. She’s not really a morning person, but the people she works with are all keen on the morning greetings.

“Looking good today, Jisoo.” He heard Seunghoon say as she walked past him.

Wearing a red crop top and high waisted denim skirt, she really looked and felt the same way when she saw herself in the mirror that morning.

She feels a little more confident and fired up, especially when she turned down Bobby’s call last night.

She sat on her desk and can sense a pair of eyes staring at her. She looked at Mino and saw him staring at her.

“Good morning.” She beamed at him. To her surprise, he smiled back and walked towards her.

“Morning. Hey, I know you want to start the day right ahead, so um, I actually got some video clips for KHL’s previous digital campaigns. Maybe you can add them on your brief for later.”

 

His eyebrows are thick, but it suits the calm in his face. His eyes has a different glow than his brother, and his lips, they’re a little more delicate too. How does he have these little features different from Jiyong, but still look like him? Or is it just the vibe? He’s talking right now, and his voice may be her favorite thing about Mino. It’s like he has this bedroom voice all the time.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter