LIES

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks for doing this, Jinyoung.” Jisoo was on the way to her first therapy session. It was a of fate, when Jinyoung just casually mentioned that he has a cousin who works as a therapist during their date. When Jaewon brought up seeking for help, she immediately called him to ask for details. Her brother pushed her to do it right then and there before she changes her mind.

 

“I’m glad to help.” He took a quick glance at her to give an encouraging smile. Jinyoung has been nice to her, a perfect gentleman who never asked questions as to why she needed this. He didn’t make her feel awkward about suddenly doing this since they’ve only been friends for a couple of days.

 

She looked outside and saw the building they were driving up to. Fear crashed inside her as she closed her eyes. Moments passed and it was Jinyoung’s warm palm over her shoulder that shook her awake. “Are you ok?”

 

She looked outside and realized they are parked on the driveway. “I’m fine.”

 

“Do you want me to stay with you?” He asked while examining her face. She must have looked pale. 

 

“My brother is picking me up later. Thanks again...for everything.” She gave him a smile.


 

To her relief, Jinyoung did not insist on walking her up to his cousin, Dr. Lee Sunmi. After her brief introduction to the assistant outside and filling up some papers, she was led inside the office.

 

Sunmi looked up to her with a warm smile. “Good evening. I’m Dr. Lee.”

 

“Hi, Dr. Lee.” She gave her therapist a quick look. She must be in her early thirties. Her warm smile and pretty face made her feel calm. This is starting off well than she expected.

 

Sunmi led her to a small room behind her desk where it looked more comfortable with the plush sofa set and walls painted in a shade of soothing blue.

 

“Please be comfortable.” Sunmi told her.

 

She took a seat at the middle of the sofa and looked around. As soon as Sunmi sat at the armchair next to her, she started to tense again.

 

“I guess we should start with a proper introduction. I’m Dr. Lee Sunmi, but I prefer to be called just Sunmi. Can you do that?” She smiled warmly at her.

 

“Yes, Sunmi.”

 

“How about you tell me something about yourself?” She gestured to her.

 

Jisoo looked down on her twisting hands. 

 

My name is Lee Haru.

“My name is Kim Jisoo.”

 

I love my job.

“I’m a writer.”

 

I love my brother.

“I have an annoying twin brother.”

 

My father is my hero.

“My father is a writer too.”

 

My mom is my best friend.

“My mom is cool.”

 

I’m scared.

“I’m looking forward to do this.”

 

--------

 

The session lasted for an hour, where Jisoo was just asked about random things. Her favorite color, most embarrassing memory, her friends...but never about Jinwoo.

 

Or maybe she was avoiding it too. There were questions that could have led to him like her favorite childhood memory, where she learned how to climb a tree but she got stuck so she jumped to the roof of their house and waited for someone to look for her. Jinwoo found her crying and he stayed with her as they watched the sun set. He asked if she wanted to go down, but she wanted to stay with him so they fell asleep on the roof. The next day, her father found them and her mom made them pancakes and hot chocolate. Turns out, the entire neighborhood went out looking for them at night, and it was only when Jinwoo’s shoes fell from the roof did they realize where they were.

 

“I guess it’s when I learned how to climb a tree and watched the sun set.”

 

That was what she told Sunmi.

 

“I just have one question for you, Jisoo.” Dr. Lee started.

 

She looked up, biting her lip.

 

“Do you want me to help you?”

 

And for the first time, her eyes burned with the tears silently threatened to fall down her face. 

 

“Yes.” She answered truthfully.

 

Sunmi nodded and held her hand. “Then I expect you to come back anytime you’re ready to tell me the truth. I won’t let you come back here as long as you’re willing, Jisoo. I can’t help you if you will shut me out. Can you at least promise me that? In all honesty?”

 

Jisoo nodded and started to tremble. Of course Sunmi would know, and she felt bad about being caught with her lies.

 

“I promise.”

 

--------

 

Mino was grumpy the next day at work. 

 

Jihoon called again last night pushing him to see Jiho. He went as far as telling him about Jieun’s visit, but Jihoon kept insisting so he turned his phone off after that.

 

He was sulking behind his desk, trying to busy himself when he heard Dara talking to them.

 

“Ok, guys. I just got a call from Jisoo’s brother. She won’t be able to come to work for the rest of the week, so I need the writers to fill up her task, and those who are currently working with her, talk to the Accounts people for follow-up.”

 

Dara stared directly at Mino and she must have spotted the worry in his face. “She’s fine. She just needed to be with her family.”

 

He nodded back at Dara and looked down on his desk. He's worried about her.

 

Sure, she looked fine last night with that Jinyoung guy, but he was sure something was wrong wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter