RETURN

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first Sunday since Jiyong and Dara became a couple.

 

They decided to have their breakfast over at Dara’s because Jiyong insisted not to be disturbed by Mino.

 

“He came back late last night and he’s still sleeping like a log.” He explained to Dara as he handed the bacon strips ready for frying.

 

“We should cook more food for him then.” Dara said as she grabbed the carton of eggs from the counter.

 

Jiyong prepared the coffee, and for a while, stepped back to enjoy the moment. Dara turned and saw him smiling to himself. 

 

“What’s up?”

 

“This feels nice, don’t you think?” He asked as he slowly made his way to her.

 

Dara looked up to him and smiled, “It doesn’t feel nice.”

 

Jiyong frowned, but she quickly recovered. “It feels right.”

 

--------

 

The next day, Dara met Jisoo at a cafe next to their office building an hour earlier than the start of office hours.

 

Jisoo waved to her before ordering her coffee, but Dara quickly stood beside her. “I’ve got coffee and food for you already.”

 

“Thanks, Ms. Dee.” Jisoo smiled, hoping that her eyes wouldn’t reveal the emotional turmoil she’s gone through the entire week.

 

As they sat, Dara urged her to enjoy a sip and a bite first before starting their talk.

 

“How have you been, Jisoo?” 

 

She gave her brightest smile and relaxed in front of her. “I’m feeling better now, Ms. Dee.”

 

Dara nodded and then held her hand. “Jisoo, I’ve received your medical reference on the consultations you’ve had. I just want to make sure that you’re really ready to get back to work.”

 

Jisoo considered lying to her, but she knew from her therapy that won’t help things.

 

“I’m a little shaken up emotionally, and maybe mentally, but I need to get back to work. I need to try to go back to my life with the new found clarity I’ve had in my head.”

 

She was avoiding Dara’s eyes, but when she tried to look at her, she saw the sincerity in her. “I understand. I’ve been through a rough patch myself, and work really did help me recover from depression. That and the right people around me.”

 

“Like Boss Ji?” Jisoo smiled at the thought, and even surprised herself that she was able to do so.

 

Dara blushed and she did not miss it. “Yes, like Jiyong.”

 

Jisoo felt like Dara wanted to say something else. “Is everything ok, Ms. Dee?”

 

Dara shook her head and smiled behind her coffee. She looked away and look back to her, as if thinking things over. 

 

Then she broke into a smile and held Jisoo’s hand. 

 

“I don’t know why I’m doing this, but I’d like to tell you something.”

 

Dara looking flustered is a weird sight to Jisoo, so she just hang to her words.

 

“Jiyong and I...we...we’ve decided to be together.”

 

It took a while for her words to register clearly in her mind, and when it did, Jisoo remained speechless.

 

“No one knows about it yet. It just happened last week, and we wanted to tell everyone once you get back. And I don’t know why I said this to you right now. Even Mino doesn’t know about it.” Dara continued.

 

Mino’s name lit up a bulb in her head. “Mino doesn’t know yet? I get to know first before him?”

 

Dara nodded her head and smiled. 

 

Jisoo then started to laugh and clap her hands. “OH MY GOD! I beat him!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter