DATE

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, do you have any pending edits?” Jisoo asked him.

“No, I’m good.” He mindlessly answered her. His eyes were fixed on the key visual study he’s finishing for a client.

“Good. We can just leave after work later. Can’t wait to get my mojito fix! Yay!” She said, making the others look their way.

 

It was then that he realized that he haven’t told Seunghoon about it yet. And seeing his stunned face right now is all worth the worry.

Jisoo stepped out and he knew the guys would hover around him.

“I think we should clap our hands, right?” Hanbin asked Deukie and Seungyoon.

“How-Wow. That was a first, dude.” Deukie was just as stunned as Seunghoon.

“Why am I feeling uneasy over this?” Seungyoon eyed him.

“Because I’m borrowing money from you. I don’t have a hundred bucks with me now.” Seunghoon was laughing in disbelief.

Yoon hesitated at first, but the other guy promised to pay him later. “I didn’t know I’d lose. Damn, Baby Ji. I feel betrayed.”

“Congrats, Mino. You got your win!” Seungyoon shook his hand.

“I would say this is Lee money, but it’s technically Kang’s. But after I pay him later, that’s going to be Lee’s.”

“Thank you, Lee Seunghoon. Nice doing business with you.” Mino bowed as he received the crisp bill from him.

“ you very much.” Seunghoon said raising his middle finger at him, but with a wide smile on his face.

 

---------

 

“Yes!”

Jisoo and Mino got a small table at the farthest corner at AKMU’s. The place, as she expected, is crowded. 

She saw Mino eyeing the wall behind her, and took a photo of it on his phone. She turned around to see that it’s AKMU’s tagline written in neon lights, “It must be L-O-V-E!”

“Take my picture.” She ordered Mino who laughed at her request. She posed under the neon lights and she can see Mino smiling behind his phone.

“Let me see.” She grabbed his phone and liked the photo. “Send it to me!”

“I don’t have your number yet.” Mino told her.

“Really? Why do I have your number?” She blurted out. She then remembered saving his number from the group chat with Chaeyoung, Jennie, Hayi, Somi and Gahee.

Gahee gave them his number, and she just decided to save it on her phone.

“I have no idea.” He was grinning...again.

“Whatever. I’ll give you a call.” She rang his number and he answered it. Jisoo looked up and saw Mino laughing like a little boy. Eye smile, puffy cheeks, breathless chuckles and all.

He’s so damn cute. Good thing she’s never really into that kind of guys.

“Dork.” She spat at him.

“Ok, Baby Ji. What should we order here?” Mino asked her as he grabbed the menu.

The way he called her Baby Ji did not feel quite like how the others call her that.

“Baby Ji doesn’t suit you.” She said out of the blue. Mino looked up with a frown.

“You’re Baby Ji, right?”

Jisoo laughed at his stupidity. “I’m sorry. I mean, saying those words doesn’t suit you. It gave me goosebumps.”

“Well, what do you want me to call you?” He asked.

“I don’t know. How about just Ji?” She said as the waiter stood beside them.

“No. I don’t like Ji.” He looked down on the menu.

 

“How spicy is the 200% wings?” He asked the waiter, who looked bored at them.

“200% spicy.” He just said so.

“One bucket of that and a beer for me. Make that three beers, but serve the other two later.” Mino instructed the waiter.

“And I’m having the unlimited mojito aaaaaaand...Melted wings.” Jisoo smiled at the waiter, who still looked uncomfortable.

“What are Melted wings?” Mino asked when the waiter left.

“Spicy wings with melted cheese.” She answered back.

 

Jisoo then took the chance to start the talk.

“So, Boss Ji and Ms. Dee. What’s the tea?” She asked Mino while repeatedly raising her brows at him.

Mino laughed and composed himself before leaning on the table.

“Before anything else, I just wanted to say thank you for accepting this odd request to meet me outside work. I mean, I hope you don’t take it the wrong way, but the guys-”

“I know about the bet. You’re not the first one to do it with that Seunghoon clown.” Her first glass of mojito came and she immediately took a sip.

Mino looked stunned. “You knew about the bet? Is that why you agreed?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter