DINNER

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino haven't seen Jisoo after meeting her at the pantry. He really wanted to stay there for a bit, but Dara reminded him of his deadline for a packaging design.

 

He was about to ride the elevator when Jennie stood beside him.

"Hi." She greeted.

"Hello." He smiled at her.

"How's your Monday?" Jennie asked, her smile never leaving her face.

"Uneventful. Lots of deadlines and Taylor Swift." Somi was in charge for the office playlist.

"So I've heard. Jisoo was actually sharing a desk with Hayi. They were finalizing a presentation deck, and she figured she'll just stay there and away from Swift." She shared as the elevator opened.

 

So that's where she stayed, and to be honest, he gets her. His eyes were strained from trying to control his indifference on Somi's playlist, but he doesn't want to make her feel bad too.

He just focused on watching Seunghoon writhe and react, especially when Shake It Off played the third time. Mino saw how Seungyoon stopped Hoony from unplugging Somi's Mac when she left for the restroom.

 

"I heard you went on a date with Jisoo." Jennie woke him up from his thoughts.

"It was one of Seunghoon's bets, really. Although, I really enjoyed it." He admitted, smiling quietly.

"Like a friendly date?" She asked him.

"Friendly date." He assured her. But that did not stop him from feeling a bit awkward about admitting it.

"Then, can I ask you out on a friendly date too?"

Mino suddenly snapped his attention to her face. "What?"

"I'm asking you out on a date. A friendly date."

He wanted to say no, but that would make it look like he has something special with Jisoo.

"A friendly date?" He repeated, as if asking for another confirmation.

"My friend wanted to meet me for dinner this Thursday, and she's bringing her boyfriend. I don't want to be the third wheel, so I'm asking you if you want to join me. Her boyfriend's paying, don't worry." She casually added that last bit.

"It's not that, Jen. Uhm, let me check first if I have something on that day. I'll let you know tomorrow."

The elevator opened and they went on separate ways. Mino doesn't know where his feet is leading him into, until he found himself face to face with the smiling face of Hodong's caricature.

 

--------

 

Jisoo felt bad for wasting her lunch as she ate her bento along with her guilt.

That's an injustice to a good serving of great food, so she decided to have another go for dinner this time.

She just placed her order and was busy checking her phone when Hodong called out a name she was avoiding the entire day.

 

"Mino-yah!"

Their eyes met as soon as she turned to check if it was really him. He walked towards her and she had the urge to run away.

"Hello, hyung!" Mino greeted Hodong.

"Did you really enjoy your lunch that you came back for dinner? Or are you here with Baby Ji?" The old man asked him.

Jisoo looked down on her phone and prayed that Mino changed his mind and leave. But to her dismay, he sat next to her.

"I'll have the gyudon this time, hyung."

Jisoo bit her lip and slowly looked up to him. But he was smiling at her-boyish grin, puffy cheeks, eye smiles and all.

 

"Hello." He spoke to her.

"Hello…" She wanted to say something but words fail her this time. Traitors.

"So, I heard you hate Taylor Swift too." Mino was talking to him.

"You're not mad at me?" She asked him, making his lips pout in wonder.

Too cute.

"Why would I? I even bought you bento for lunch. Why should I be mad? Wait, did you do something wrong?" He suddenly looked worried.

"Wait, you bought that bento?" Relief starting to rush all over her. Why did Seunghoon keep this information?

"I thought you knew." He said, pouting even more.

Stop the adorability.

"No one told me. I actually...thought you gave back Seunghoon's money and he bought me that like he used to." She suddenly felt stupid.

"Why would I return my winnings?" He asked, laughing a little.

This is torture.

"Because of what happened at Konic's, how I ran off with my brother…" She cringed at the stupidity of how her mind conjured that.

"You really are a writer. Full of imagination." He was laughing fully now, and when she was supposed to fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter